Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I forgot my CCR card a couple of weeks ago so the agent looked me up on the printed list.

I should really have paid more attention but from memory it was quite a few A4 pages of fairly closely-typed names so 400-500 CCR card holders feels anout right to me...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Made gold for the first time last week (with BA at least). Feel considerably less special after reading this thread...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
I believe there are between 800 and 1200 Prems, although this number varies year to year. As the initial GGL qualification level has been increased to 5,000 TPs , the number of new GGL members will drop significantly, which, in turn, should bring the overall number down as people fail to hit 3,000. I suspect in a couple of years, subject to no further changes, the number of GGLs will drop to around 2,000, which is definitely a more manageable number, so we may see more benefits coming along.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I just can't believe of the millions of passengers, and thousands of very regular corporate customers that only 400 fly 12F returns or 18J a year. Or a mix when chuck in some CE and maybe other OW flights...
Possibly, but many of them don't collect points or fly with various different carriers, rather than sticking with a single alliance.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Possibly, but many of them don't collect points
That never ceases to amaze me, even if only for the status.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Just to confuse this even further, there are at least 2 sorts of Premiers.
1. pure status. E.g. Chair of ftse co.
2. Procurement manager with influence on spend. Not always spend decision manager.

I know at least 1 of each. The pure status guy hated it and asked to be kept off the list. No interest in miles or tp.
The procurement guy loved it all.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
The pure status guy hated it and asked to be kept off the list. No interest in miles or tp.
The procurement guy loved it all.
That's interesting, Ancient Observer, could you clarify your statement further? When you say he had no interest and wanted to be kept off the list - are there active disadvantages in being a Premier?

I mean, I could understand feeling very uncomfortable with any additional public attention (e.g. staff fawning over me or something - but I'd not have thought BA would do that?) . But if someone were to offer me Premier status, I probably would not go out of my way to turn it down...
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by squawk
That's interesting, Ancient Observer, could you clarify your statement further? When you say he had no interest and wanted to be kept off the list - are there active disadvantages in being a Premier?
Some companies and public institutions have strict Conflict of Interest guidelines and procedures, in some cases the Register of Conflict of Interest Statements (or equivalent) is a public document visible to all, or visible to all employees. Unsurprisingly some people would rather not go there, or if they do have to go there, it's for something they don't mind / can't avoid defending. E.g. the Speaker and his Wimbledon tickets. If collecting air miles isn't what they do, why bother?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Corpt
That never ceases to amaze me, even if only for the status.
Why do they need status if they fly everywhere in F anyway?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:07 am

I would have thought that by the time you become a FTSE boss your travel would all be on the company's private jets. I seem to remember that Tesco had not just one but a whole fleet of them. I expect the CEO aeroplane was nicer than the CFO one; you know, Finest champagne versus Tesco cava etc.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I suspect in a couple of years, subject to no further changes, the number of GGLs will drop to around 2,000, which is definitely a more manageable number, so we may see more benefits coming along.
Happy days, and cue the wish list.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LBP2
Why do they need status if they fly everywhere in F anyway?
Priority during irrops, more likely to get a connection held (if they are GGL+ as opposed to scraping silver for two Fs on OneWorld, two on Emirates, two on *A, one on SkyTeam etc.)

Very little benefit for someone like that to be a mid-tier elite collecting smallish numbers of miles in each pot.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by Fitch
I forgot my CCR card a couple of weeks ago so the agent looked me up on the printed list.

I should really have paid more attention but from memory it was quite a few A4 pages of fairly closely-typed names so 400-500 CCR card holders feels anout right to me...
I love the fact that there is a paper master list to be brought out in emergencies.

Of course, in the good old days it would have been written on vellum with quill and ink.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Omba
I love the fact that there is a paper master list to be brought out in emergencies.

Of course, in the good old days it would have been written on vellum with quill and ink.
And of course the printed list has far better available uptime than BA's IT
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Omba

I've been told that the GGL redemptions list is kept by one man on a spreadsheet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.