Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Guide to BA at Cairo airport - ex-CAI trips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to BA at Cairo airport - ex-CAI trips

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Delta Platinum
Mid day layover at CAI

I'm departing on a BA flight from CAI at 5:30PM, but I will arrive in CAI around 11:00am from Luxor (with a family of 4). Flying in J with BA. Not sure if we will get our boarding passes before hand or if we will have to get them in person at the check in counter.

Question: If we can't get airside when we arrive (if we don't get our electronic boarding passes in advance for what ever reason), should we just go have a drink at the Le Meridian until the BA check in counter opens up (assuming 3-4 hours prior to departure)? Thoughts?

Thanks!
SMcV likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GrantUSMC
I'm departing on a BA flight from CAI at 5:30PM, but I will arrive in CAI around 11:00am from Luxor (with a family of 4). Flying in J with BA. Not sure if we will get our boarding passes before hand or if we will have to get them in person at the check in counter.

Question: If we can't get airside when we arrive (if we don't get our electronic boarding passes in advance for what ever reason), should we just go have a drink at the Le Meridian until the BA check in counter opens up (assuming 3-4 hours prior to departure)? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Personally I would probably look to get a room at the Le Meridien for some relaxation and to use the pool facilities and the lounge (although admittedly I cannot remember the daytime offering anymore).
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Originally Posted by GrantUSMC

Thanks!
it is not possible, online check-in BP is not allowed at the airport and the counter opens two or three hours before departure.

Egypt has to write down the departure form and it's only given by the airline you're on. That is, you must stop at the BA counter

And if it leaves at 5 p.m. after arriving at 11 a.m., I would recommend a shopping mall like City Star rather than a hotel. Terminal 2 used by BA doesn't have a fast lane and you have to get a security check before entering the check-in counter. In my experience, 30 minutes was the shortest.

In other words, you have to go back to the airport at 2:30 at the latest..
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Definitely go to the Le Meridien - you dont need a room but at least you have a clean hotel to relax, eat, drink etc until it's time to go back to the airport.

As per above, there is nothing to do at the airport, the lounges are awful and the less time spent there the better..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.