Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Sorry sir, we can't guarantee a well done steak"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Sorry sir, we can't guarantee a well done steak"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
How about Kobe/Wagyu? (Japan)
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Originally Posted by Can I help you
How funny, I thought that we guaranteed an overcooked dry steak.
me too that's why I always avoid on every airline although I do recall a thread on here with some very specific instructions including time in the warming drawer to guarantee something less cremated but given there is a choice I always struggle to see the fascination with steaks on a plane

edit - just seen the links to said thread above
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I'm pleased to say that I've had mine perfectly pink on every flight over the past 18 months, bar one, where the crew refused to follow my cooking instructions 'for safety reasons'
Same here in both F and CW, though I've not had to be nearly as precise with my request.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
If British Airways can't guarantee a shoe-leather steak, then it has indeed lost its way.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Originally Posted by Greenpen
But Argentinian beef is the best in the world! Many visitors to the UK assume that what we call beef is in fact another species, not actually a cow.
Nope,World steak challenge 2017:"ABP" Poland came out #1."Jacks Creek",Australia took out best fillet.2016:"Jacks Creek" best in world.Cheers
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
I just came off the A380 to HKG and had a steak which was done at infinity nuke setting. My wife's pork and rice was much nicer.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
How often have I read here that "my steak was overlooked" "tough as hell" "American do it so much better"

One should never take seriously opinions expressed here.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
How often have I read here that "my steak was overlooked" "tough as hell"...
My last BA flight in F involved well and truly overcooked but totally soft (!!!) beef fillet. I thought the words "overcooked" and "soft" didn't quite go together, but they did. And it was tasty. Surprised? Yes!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Wary enough to avoid selecting "steak" on BA, based on lengthy experience with other airlines, I am a firm believer in the theory that most of the tires I buy have not been cooked as long as the airborne steaks I've eaten. Even that brief moment before pink fades to grey occurs far too late in the aerial cremation process.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
How often have I read here that "my steak was overlooked" "tough as hell" "American do it so much better"

One should never take seriously opinions expressed here.
And how many complaints have there been here on overcooked steak vs. this single one on undercooked steak
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I think of BA steak as well cooked beef meat (steak is a very different thing ) that I try to avoid if I can, as I prefer the beef on the raw side.

BTW, the toughest beef I had so far was on AA (short/medium haul) last weekend. I should have chosen the chicken...
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by hackneycab2
Nope,World steak challenge 2017:"ABP" Poland came out #1."Jacks Creek",Australia took out best fillet.2016:"Jacks Creek" best in world.Cheers
Alas, there was no entry from an Argentinian producer, probably because no one else would enter if they realised Argentinian steak would be the competition!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Alas, there was no entry from an Argentinian producer, probably because no one else would enter if they realised Argentinian steak would be the competition!
Certainly was an entry in 2016(where they won Bronze) Maybe their product was not good enough for 2017 or they could not supply.Australian beef has always been up there as one of the best products of beef in the world(Japan certainly thinks so,where we export massive amounts of it.) Cheers
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Naturally I'm biased, but I think grass fed Alberta beef can't be beat. Alas, BA still manages to cook it to oblivion on the YYC-LHR flights. I've yet to have beef on BA that has a bit of pink left
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
My last BA flight in F involved well and truly overcooked but totally soft (!!!) beef fillet. I thought the words "overcooked" and "soft" didn't quite go together, but they did. And it was tasty. Surprised? Yes!
Precisely my recent experience! F, LHR-AUH I think it was

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.