Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike

Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 1, 17, 8:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TCX69
Wiki Link
Links to flights being operated by the 9 Qatar Planes can be found below starting from 1st July 2017.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ada
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adc
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-add
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ade
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adf
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adg
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adi
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-laa

Seems like charter airline "Hifly Malta" is also being used

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-jai
A7–ADA
1/Jul:
BA388 LHR–BRU
BA391 BRU–LHR

2/Jul:
BA848 LHR–ZAG
BA849 ZAG–LHR
BA966 LHR–HAM
BA966 HAM–LHR

A7–ADB
1/Jul:
BA948 LHR–MUC
BA949 MUC–LHR
BA356 LHR–NCE
BA357 NCE–LHR

2/Jul:
BA776 LHR–ARN
BA777 ARN–LHR
BA440 LHR–AMS
BA441 AMS–LHR

A7–ADC
1/Jul:
BA761 LHR–OSL
BA762 OSL–LHR
BA872 LHR–KRK
BA873 KRK–LHR

2/Jul:
BA948 LHR–MUC
BA949 MUC–LHR
BA356 LHR–NCE
BA357 NCE–LHR

A7–ADD
1/Jul:
BA890 LHR–SOF
BA891 SOF–LHR
BA464 LHR–MAD
BA464 MAD–LHR

2/Jul:
BA1474 LHR–GLA
BA1479 GLA–LHR
BA872 LHR–KRK
BA873 KRK–LHR

A7–ADE
1/Jul:
Nil

2/Jul:
BA882 LHR–KBP
BA883 KBP–LHR

A7–ADF
1/Jul:
BA882 LHR–KBP
BA883 KBP–LHR

2/Jul:
BA416 LHR–LUX
BA417 LUX–LHR
BA850 LHR–WAW
BA851 WAW–LHR

A7–ADG
1/Jul:
BA848 LHR–ZAG
BA849 ZAG–LHR

2/Jul:
BA480 LHR–BCN
BA481 BCN–LHR

A7–ADI
1/Jul:
Nil

2/Jul:
BA696 LHR–VIE
BA697 VIE–LHR
BA704 LHR–VIE
BA704 VIE–LHR

A7–LAA
1/Jul:
BA710 LHR–ZRH
BA711 ZRH–LHR
BA876 LHR–TLL
BA877 TLL–LHR

2/Jul:
BA846 LHR–WAW
BA847 WAW–LHR
BA418 LHR–LUX
BA419 LUX–LHR

CS–TQZ (HiFly A343)
2/Jul:
BA1438 LHR–EDI
BA1443 EDI–LHR
BA348 LHR–NCE
BA348 NCE–LHR

9H–JAI (HiFly Malta A343)
2/Jul:
BA632 LHR–ATH
BA633 ATH–LHR
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 16, 17, 4:54 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 70
Reward Flight Saver Taxes on Qatar-Operated BA Strike Flights

Originally Posted by dpfs View Post
I had the Al Maha A7-LAA today. Going LHR to ARN. While I can't compare it to the other Qatar planes on wet lease, I couldn't fault it in its own right.

Was an hour late taking off due to it arriving late from Kiev. I was sitting in 3D, the last row of business.

The seat was wide and the legroom plentiful. The food was, I think, Qatar fare. The starter was a large prawn on a bed of sliced melon. Cheese and biscuits and the chocolate dessert were served with the starter.

The main course was a choice of fish or chicken. I had fish, which was with a green pea mash and grilled vegetables. Very tasty.

The beverage choices were juice, small cans (coke etc), beer, red, white, champagne. No G&T was offered and I didn't ask so I assume that drinks was a Qatar array as well. I didn't see what was offered in economy beyond the cans.

Slightly oddly, the condiments, glasses, cutlery, serviettes and even lavatory tissues were BA branded.

The cabin crew were very efficient and keen to top up glasses. However I think they did become distracted by requests for top ups as the plentiful basket of bread rolls were only offered to the front row and never made it back any further.

All in all a very nice and interesting flight. Not bad for a reward saver redemption!
I'm in Kiev right now having booked a last minute Y reward seat from LHR-KBP yesterday. Qatar metal. And i'm very interested to know what you paid in taxes!

The taxes for my flight were not the usual £17.50 RFS fees. They were more in the order of £50. As I was booking so close to the flight, I didn't have time to dispute it and brought it up with BA once I got here.

BA were adamant that the Qatar operated flights were 'as good as' BA flights and that the reason for the higher tax amount was because 'some European flights have RFS availability and others have normal Avios availability. If you book into the latter, a higher tax is charged.' Nothing to do, apparently, with it being Qatar operated.

That sounds like nonsense to me as I've never seen a second set of redemption inventory on European flights and having done a few other dummy bookings for tomorrow on routes operated by Qatar, it seems clear that the Qatar operated flights (Berlin being one, for example) are the only ones not qualifying for the RFS tax cap.

Does anyone know if this a known IT glitch or is it simply that these flights don't qualify for RFS?
Dijonspurs is offline  
Old Aug 16, 17, 5:10 am
  #92  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 27,378
Originally Posted by Dijonspurs View Post
BA were adamant that the Qatar operated flights were 'as good as' BA flights and that the reason for the higher tax amount was because 'some European flights have RFS availability and others have normal Avios availability. If you book into the latter, a higher tax is charged.' Nothing to do, apparently, with it being Qatar operated.

That sounds like nonsense to me as I've never seen a second set of redemption inventory on European flights and having done a few other dummy bookings for tomorrow on routes operated by Qatar, it seems clear that the Qatar operated flights (Berlin being one, for example) are the only ones not qualifying for the RFS tax cap.

Does anyone know if this a known IT glitch or is it simply that these flights don't qualify for RFS?
It is nonesense. If you have activity on your account sufficient to see RFS pricing then that's what you will be presented with if there are reward seats on BA short haul & domestic. You should not see some BA flights with RFS prices and some without.

There is an issue which we have seen before (e.g. when jet time were operating some BA services) that the RFS cap wasn't properly working and you similarly got charged full taxes/fees/charges. That was acknowledged as wrong by BA - although I don't remember whether they fixed ba.com to correctly show them with the RFS pricing.

Quite simply you are entitled to a refund of the different between the RFS fee and what you paid.
KARFA is online now  
Old Aug 16, 17, 7:43 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
It is nonesense. If you have activity on your account sufficient to see RFS pricing then that's what you will be presented with if there are reward seats on BA short haul & domestic. You should not see some BA flights with RFS prices and some without.

There is an issue which we have seen before (e.g. when jet time were operating some BA services) that the RFS cap wasn't properly working and you similarly got charged full taxes/fees/charges. That was acknowledged as wrong by BA - although I don't remember whether they fixed ba.com to correctly show them with the RFS pricing.

Quite simply you are entitled to a refund of the different between the RFS fee and what you paid.
Thanks Karfa. That was my feeling although BA were adamant that as I had accepted the fare at the time of booking, that was that. Good to know about the Jet Time precedent though.
Dijonspurs is offline  
Old Aug 16, 17, 8:45 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,470
Just to add that 3 QR birds (including the 1 Al Maha plane) are being swapped over the course of three nights in IST, where one is currently doing the nightstop run.

No clear reason why QR want these swapped, but there you go.
Jordan D is offline  
Old Aug 17, 17, 12:59 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by dpfs View Post
I had the Al Maha A7-LAA today. Going LHR to ARN. While I can't compare it to the other Qatar planes on wet lease, I couldn't fault it in its own right.

Was an hour late taking off due to it arriving late from Kiev. I was sitting in 3D, the last row of business.

The seat was wide and the legroom plentiful. The food was, I think, Qatar fare. The starter was a large prawn on a bed of sliced melon. Cheese and biscuits and the chocolate dessert were served with the starter.

The main course was a choice of fish or chicken. I had fish, which was with a green pea mash and grilled vegetables. Very tasty.

The beverage choices were juice, small cans (coke etc), beer, red, white, champagne. No G&T was offered and I didn't ask so I assume that drinks was a Qatar array as well. I didn't see what was offered in economy beyond the cans.

Slightly oddly, the condiments, glasses, cutlery, serviettes and even lavatory tissues were BA branded.

The cabin crew were very efficient and keen to top up glasses. However I think they did become distracted by requests for top ups as the plentiful basket of bread rolls were only offered to the front row and never made it back any further.

All in all a very nice and interesting flight. Not bad for a reward saver redemption!
That is normal BA catering. If you think about it, how would it be Qatar catering as LHR is not their base.
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Aug 17, 17, 1:48 am
  #96  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 25,025
Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
That is normal BA catering. If you think about it, how would it be Qatar catering as LHR is not their base.
It is indeed BA catering, though, I'm not sure the second part of the argument is related: QR fly from LHR, multiple times a day, and therefore have their own catering providers. It would have been a possibility to use that for the wet leased planes (e.g. the 'light' selection on the LHR-DOH flights would have been entirely fine). And of course, the Y snacks have to be specifically ordered as BA does not provide them at all on LHR flights despite it being their hub.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Aug 17, 17, 2:49 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: UK
Programs: BA Bronze, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Posts: 31
Yes I accept my mistaken assumption about the food. It just goes to show how low my opinion of BA is now that, when I get decent food, I assume it must be sourced by another airline! I thought it might be Qatar for the very reason that BA doesn't properly cater short haul any more.

Originally Posted by dijonspurs
I'm very interested to know what you paid in taxes!
I got CE RFS 'taxes' - 30 odd quid I think? - for my flight as I booked it just before the plane switch. So I was lucky all round. I've never been so excited about a short haul flight!
dpfs is offline  
Old Aug 17, 17, 3:32 am
  #98  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 27,378
Originally Posted by dpfs View Post
Yes I accept my mistaken assumption about the food. It just goes to show how low my opinion of BA is now that, when I get decent food, I assume it must be sourced by another airline! I thought it might be Qatar for the very reason that BA doesn't properly cater short haul any more.


I got CE RFS 'taxes' - 30 odd quid I think? - for my flight as I booked it just before the plane switch. So I was lucky all round. I've never been so excited about a short haul flight!
RFS is £17.50 in ET and £25 on CE per flight.
KARFA is online now  
Old Aug 17, 17, 11:26 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
It is indeed BA catering, though, I'm not sure the second part of the argument is related: QR fly from LHR, multiple times a day, and therefore have their own catering providers. It would have been a possibility to use that for the wet leased planes (e.g. the 'light' selection on the LHR-DOH flights would have been entirely fine). And of course, the Y snacks have to be specifically ordered as BA does not provide them at all on LHR flights despite it being their hub.
It would never have been a possibility that a caterer that does a couple of flights a day could suddenly cope with all these extra BA flights especially as BA have already got a caterer that caters these services already!
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Aug 17, 17, 11:28 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by dpfs View Post
Yes I accept my mistaken assumption about the food. It just goes to show how low my opinion of BA is now that, when I get decent food, I assume it must be sourced by another airline! I thought it might be Qatar for the very reason that BA doesn't properly cater short haul any more.



I got CE RFS 'taxes' - 30 odd quid I think? - for my flight as I booked it just before the plane switch. So I was lucky all round. I've never been so excited about a short haul flight!
Or maybe it shows your state of mind where everything BA is bad but when you think it is provided by another airline, it is suddenly very good!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Aug 18, 17, 5:03 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: UK
Programs: BA Bronze, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by KAFRA

It hasn't since January when it introduced BoB. That Qatar operated flights are exempted meant I assumed that BA wasn't doing the catering on those flights. That was my point, sorry if that was unclear!

Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
Or maybe it shows your state of mind where everything BA is bad but when you think it is provided by another airline, it is suddenly very good!
Indeed. It shows how diminished the BA brand now is, sadly.
dpfs is offline  
Old Aug 18, 17, 5:08 am
  #102  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 27,378
Originally Posted by dpfs View Post
It hasn't since January when it introduced BoB. That Qatar operated flights are exempted meant I assumed that BA wasn't doing the catering on those flights. That was my point, sorry if that was unclear!
We are comparing CE, so BoB isn't really relevant. There are losers in terms of some of the short and medium routes at certain points in the day - they have been well documented in the CE catering thread, but there are significant winners in terms of the long routes which is better than the old band 4 routes.

Indeed. It shows how diminished the BA brand now is, sadly.
No point flying with an airline if your mindset is that it will be bad before you even board - it's almost akin to self-torture. Perhaps time to explore other options?
TheJayHatch and Tobias-UK like this.
KARFA is online now  
Old Aug 18, 17, 6:40 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Posts: 514
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
No point flying with an airline if your mindset is that it will be bad before you even board - it's almost akin to self-torture. Perhaps time to explore other options?
I would take BA BOB over a Qatarnish Pasty (or is it a Cornish Pizza?) any day.
TheJayHatch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: