Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Non-Rev Loads

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Good point regarding employer, but I assume there is limited access to flight loads on other airlines. Take, for example, myidtravel. Any airline that is not yours will only share general load knowledge (with myid, via smiley faces). I doubt airlines will open their full loads for all flights to others, and each query is done on case by case basis (kinda just like a query here on FT )
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As you say, your employer may have limited/restricted access. Asking for loads on a general forum is therefore somewhat meaningless if your employer is restricted from accessing this inventory.

hence, the only source of information should be whoever you turn to to obtain your seat.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As you say, your employer may have limited/restricted access. Asking for loads on a general forum is therefore somewhat meaningless if your employer is restricted from accessing this inventory.

hence, the only source of information should be whoever you turn to to obtain your seat.
That is why I would be happy to know if there is another, less general, place for such questions. If there is, please let me know

I simply assumed that there were members on this forum in the aviation industry who could extend the courtesy of a specific flight query to fellow
members. If there is another forum for that, please let me know.

That being said, if someone does have the answer to our load query and is willing to help, please feel free to PM me.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Without even knowing who your employer is, or the nature of their relationship with BA, nobody can help you.

Ask your employer! If you need to travel for work, it is their duty to get you there by whatever means necessary. Presumably they have the wherewithal to buy a normal revenue ticket if required. If they can't get you there for the cheapest possible outlay to themselves, then it is no sweat off your back.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: What is better than ZED?
If you are a bona fide staff traveller you should know GDS inventory is available on myIDtravel. You should also have noticed when listing on BA as a OAL traveller there's a link for load checking on the BA listing site.

Asking questions on something that the best answers come from your colleagues, on a public forum, will no doubt raise eyebrows.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 5x24
Asking questions on something that the best answers come from your colleagues, on a public forum, will no doubt raise eyebrows.
+1

Exactly my earlier point - this should not be used for such queries as it is hoping other, perhaps anonymous, staff members come forwards with information
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flight884
That is why I would be happy to know if there is another, less general, place for such questions. If there is, please let me know
Well, to start with, there's a specific thread for it, as is often the case for most new-post requests.

Help to check seat availability and flight loads
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by 5x24
If you are a bona fide staff traveller you should know GDS inventory is available on myIDtravel. You should also have noticed when listing on BA as a OAL traveller there's a link for load checking on the BA listing site.

Exactly. The BA ID travel website is actually quite helpful in knowing how many ar eon standby ahead of you etc and the loads.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:47 am

There are Facebook groups dedicated to this type of information as well.

I'm also somewhat surprised your company has you ID'ing to get to a planned meeting, especially trans-Atlantic. Beyond the uncertainty of ZED standby, you have some not small fees to contend with connecting in LHR which will probably run $100-200.

You can just as easily buy a ticket on Thomas Cook for tomorrow for $400 from MAN to JFK.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by flight884
If you know of one, please let me know
For loads, including standby lists, StaffTraveler.com is very good. You have to register and only get a limited amount of credits, but people respond pretty quickly especially for BA.

Thanks to whoever it was that pointed me to that site on here a few months ago by the way.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:59 pm

Duty travel gives you the ability to be confirmed but the company reserves the right to put you on standby at any time. There is very little difference between duty and personal travel except that you have a higher priority.

I once had to do a LHR-NRT on the cabin jumpseat and go straight into a meeting as the flight was oversold. And I was staff at the time! Luckily I got J on the way back so could recuperate a bit (had the same crew so they took pity on me).

Good luck!

Champ
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by champair79
Duty travel gives you the ability to be confirmed but the company reserves the right to put you on standby at any time. There is very little difference between duty and personal travel except that you have a higher priority.

I once had to do a LHR-NRT on the cabin jumpseat and go straight into a meeting as the flight was oversold. And I was staff at the time! Luckily I got J on the way back so could recuperate a bit (had the same crew so they took pity on me).

Good luck!

Champ
+1

No such thing as confirmed in a particular cabin on staff travel.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
How strange, what airline send there duty staff on standby?
BA's best buddies AA even do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.