Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Nice to see (from the pic) that they've got over their aversion to having loose-loaded aircraft on main stands... that'll make for interesting excuses next time they use JetTime and insist all their pax use buses...
Pretty sure I saw something at the time with regards to the jetties not being compatible with 737s. Too steep.

Last edited by surryson; Jul 24, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
QR plane "hidden" on 512.
And she is back there at A12 tonight too. I wonder if it's so hidden that they have lost her?

Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by surryson
Pretty sure I saw something at the time with regards to the jetties not being compatible with 737s. Too steep.
If I remember correctly, they were compatible with the 737 that BA operated to EDI until a few years ago.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Entirely out of curiosity, has anyone noted the brand being offered? Is it Tanqueray & Fever Tree?
I didn't see. They come to your seat to take the order then pre-mix in the galley and bring it to you. No diddy bottles of Gordons
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by GaryK84
Interestingly, I'd been looking at the upgrade price for the past week and the website kept telling me there were no J seats available at all, which was unusual. It made be wonder if they anticipated it being swapped to QR which meant a fixed number of J seats...
There were only 12 J seats on my LHR-GLA flight - proper 2 x 2, not the fudge BA do with putting a tray in the middle seat.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
If I remember correctly, they were compatible with the 737 that BA operated to EDI until a few years ago.
Weren't the BA 737s operated out of LGW for many years? I flew with Jettime to CPH a lot last year - it was obvious from the spray painted 737 marking on the ground that most of the stands weren't equipped to park the aircraft, so they made a few of the stands 737 friendly and took it from there. (Interestingly A350-1K is already marked out on quite a few).
Entirely out of curiosity, has anyone noted the brand being offered? Is it Tanqueray & Fever Tree?
With regards the mixer - I was proactively offered Fever Tree tonic last week, on my QR for BA flight.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I didn't see. They come to your seat to take the order then pre-mix in the galley and bring it to you. No diddy bottles of Gordons
You are aware that Tanqueray is normally available in Club Europe? The catering on board your flight was BA catering, so the food is the standard CE food and the gin would have been either Tanqueray or Gordons.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
The BA LHR based 737 fleet was long gone when T5 opened in 2008.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Well here is a British Airways operated by Qatar Airways review !

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/qat...irways-review/
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
That was LGW. They haven't had them going out of LHR for a long time.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You are aware that Tanqueray is normally available in Club Europe? The catering on board your flight was BA catering, so the food is the standard CE food and the gin would have been either Tanqueray or Gordons.
I was answering the question above, which enquired what products were being used, and was only stating my experience on the one flight I've taken that has been operated by Qatar. I didn't see any labels because my drink was mixed in the galley and brought to my seat.

Usually I am offered the diddy bottles of Gordons on LHR-GLA flights. Never seen Tanqueray offered on a domestic flight, thank you for letting me know, maybe I have to ask for it?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well this goes to show how even switched-on old me gets caught out. I was toddling down the airbridge for my LUX flight a few minutes ago, went around the bend and there was a Qatar A320. I had absolutely no clue until I was at the door of the aircraft, there was nothing on BA.com for example. This is my first experience of British Qatari Airways.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well this goes to show how even switched-on old me gets caught out. I was toddling down the airbridge for my LUX flight a few minutes ago, went around the bend and there was a Qatar A320. I had absolutely no clue until I was at the door of the aircraft, there was nothing on BA.com for example. This is my first experience of British Qatari Airways.
Please do tell us what you thought of the experience. Do the passengers look happier!?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Please do tell us what you thought of the experience. Do the passengers look happier!?
I can tell you whilst en route, greetings from somewhere over Thanet. Most people seem to be wanting to catch up on theirsleep, so I can't see anyone doing a conga down the aisle so far.

Orders for breakfast taken while on the ground. Bacon remains haram, but you will appreciate that I had earlier options there. I am just having yoghurt and tea. I had to send the tea back, it locked to be half milk! I won't fry the internet connection by uploading photos.

Five cabin crew for the half loaded flight, BA would have four, Club Europe is full, 12 passengers. The SCCM is Azerbaijani and assisted by an Algerian crew member.

So far so good.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Five cabin crew for the half loaded flight, BA would have four, Club Europe is full, 12 passengers. The SCCM is Azerbaijani and assisted by an Algerian crew member.

So far so good.
How did they manage to get work permits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.