Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:52 pm

I'm sorry but why should only the people caught up in this get this favour. Yes, it was bad for anyone actually caught up in it but the perception on the company is the same. Perhaps it does give a level of buy-in; fly BA, when they mess up, you'll get extended status (they did this a few years ago too). It may make people loyal.

That said, I spend x per year, why are some people getting this for free. I'm sorry but this smacks of unfairness. Before people say it: yes, bmi golds crowded the lounges; I'm entitled, and deal with it.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Is this likely to be two years from current card expiry or tier point collection year? My tier year ends in September 2017 but card expires October 2018?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Yes, just received and my wife too. Given that my wife is Gold due to my GGL gifting, can I now gift someone else for 2 years? I assume they are saying I maintain GGL for 2 years?

We had a long weekend last week in Athens, delayed a couple of hours in the return flight on Monday evening.

Thanks to BA, this really is a great of gesture.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Did it say 2 years as Gold or GGL?
Hi CWS ... For me as GGL ... it says "We'd like to renew your current tier status for a further two years".

Its the same text for Silver and Gold.

Confirmed by my fellow colleagues.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I'm sorry but why should only the people caught up in this get this favour. Yes, it was bad for anyone actually caught up in it but the perception on the company is the same. Perhaps it does give a level of buy-in; fly BA, when they mess up, you'll get extended status (they did this a few years ago too). It may make people loyal.

That said, I spend x per year, why are some people getting this for free. I'm sorry but this smacks of unfairness. Before people say it: yes, bmi golds crowded the lounges; I'm entitled, and deal with it.
I can't quite figure out whether you're being serious or not?

This is compensation for a service problem. Those who suffered the problem received the generous offer of compensation. The compensation is the automatic extension of status. On the off chance that you are being serious, what are you suggesting? Should we all receive compensation for a problem that happens to anyone? I saw someone with a non-working IFE the other day, should we both (and in fact should everyone) receive the same compensation as the passenger?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by pebadian
Maybe an email to everyone flying BA from Saturday to Monday? Should be easy to set a filter. (Probably easier than filtering it down to flights cancelled/delayed)
I was delayed on Sunday and didn't receive the email.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I guess thinking about it logically, they had to make it two years. Specifically because the people right at the end of their membership year, who'd already qualified for the following year would essentially have got nothing from the apology.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer

Maybe your email is on its way. I was not caught up at the weekend. However I was flying on Bank Holiday Monday.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by tom139
The fact we are all so surprised does, IMO, show that BA have genuinely gone beyond expectation here. However, it also shows how concerned they are at the impact. Let's face it...BA's approach to customer relations has been genuinely shocking over the past year.
Exactly. This is a shrewd move and indicates BA management aren't totally tone deaf. It does however show just how worried the event has made them - I imagine they've received some research back this week that shows BA's current NPS is heavily negative.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Hi CWS ... For me as GGL ... it says "We'd like to renew your current tier status for a further two years".

Its the same text for Silver and Gold.

Confirmed by my fellow colleagues.
Yes I think the clarification request is because GGL isn't a Toer, hence you go straight to silver with soft landing. I'm sure it will be clarified.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
A pretty nice gesture indeed! Now I'd probably achieve enough TP to retain Silver for the next two years anyway, so I'd be much more overjoyed if they'd give a free 1-year bump up instead. :-P OTOH now I could spend 2y burning some of my Avios on tickets and upgrades since I don't need the TP for a while...

And honestly I actually appreciated flying back home from sunny California to rainy London a day later, didn't mind the outage apart from the amount of effort it took to actually get rebooked. :-(
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:10 pm

Well I've had a mixed today with BA today.

After having to gate check my bag at AMS, they never loaded it on the plane despite being less than 30 meters away, then my flight out of LCY was delayed but after all that I finally hit enough TP to renew gold for another year.

30 minutes after getting in from the airport, I get this email too.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Got it too, had one flight delayed on Saturday, another cancelled on Sunday.

Pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by haasha; Jun 2, 2017 at 3:16 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Well this is great! Excellent news for those affected!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
I flew on Monday with a delay that was made up in the air, and nothing received for me yet.

However for some strange reason I've not got any BA marketing emails for the last couple of years eventhough I've triple checked all settings. I get normal booking emails so I've never paid much attention to it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.