Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 Avios for no meal in CE?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 11:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Theoretical question.

Assuming 5,000 Avios for a silver / gold status holder who would have been in the lounge regardless of flight class is fair, should a non-status holder or bronze receive fewer Avios for the same service failing?
Old May 15, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters
Theoretical question.

Assuming 5,000 Avios for a silver / gold status holder who would have been in the lounge regardless of flight class is fair, should a non-status holder or bronze receive fewer Avios for the same service failing?
I don't believe so, the Avios is for Service failure, the fact that an individual has access to the lounge in any case is irrelevant unless BA started charging less for J for status pax.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I seem to remember that service failure avios compensation does differ based on status.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Prospero
81romeo, reading from your previous posts, you seem to enjoy a broad range of cuisines
Wow really? Did you check all my previous posts?
Be careful, you might have missed the bit where I say I enjoy eating humans too

Old May 15, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I remember old times when I was getting 10,000 Avios for no first choice of meal in CE... Then reduced to standardized 6,000 Avios comp when iPads were introduced... And all of this before the devaluation, when Avios were worth a lot more!

Last edited by mec72; May 15, 2017 at 6:14 am Reason: typo
Old May 15, 2017, 6:20 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters
Theoretical question.

CE grants lounge access to all.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Wow really? Did you check all my previous posts?
Be careful, you might have missed the bit where I say I enjoy eating humans too

Not many since you asked but you have left an imprint here which suggests you have adventurous tastes and have ordered special meals in the past to add variety to your travel experience. Nowt wrong with that, I do it myself. I'm just finding it hard to find sympathy with your complaint as it doesn't appear you suffered any loss at all, so this does come across as an exercise of engineering a case for compensation
Old May 15, 2017, 12:43 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Prospero
Not many since you asked but you have left an imprint here which suggests you have adventurous tastes and have ordered special meals in the past to add variety to your travel experience. Nowt wrong with that, I do it myself. I'm just finding it hard to find sympathy with your complaint as it doesn't appear you suffered any loss at all, so this does come across as an exercise of engineering a case for compensation
The other angle to this is that if you continue to push the case for compensation, as a GGL it's probably reasonable to assume you fly BA a decent number of times per year. At some point, someone will choose to dig a bit further and analyse how many times you actually do order a special meal, and whether that meal choice varies. They'll then perhaps conclude you aren't ordering for religious reasons - as you claimed up thread - whether that's true or not, and decide that perhaps you could have chosen something else.

You're therefore very likely to get your bluff called at some point if you continue to pursue this, if not on this occasion then in the future the next time you complain, perhaps over something more serious. I'd probably quit whilst you're ahead.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dsf
CE grants lounge access to all.
Indeed it does. And you missed the point of the question!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.