Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Kids fly free returns 1 Jun - 31 Oct 2017 (NCL, INV, BHD, LBA, EDI, BLL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kids fly free returns 1 Jun - 31 Oct 2017 (NCL, INV, BHD, LBA, EDI, BLL)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Booked a trip on Monday for later this year for 1 adult and 1 child from NCL/LHR. Paid £106.01 in total. If I had wanted CE (no free kid) it would have been £432.02

Have now received a POUG offer for £65 per person each way. This would take the total fare to £366.01 if I decide to take it.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
it doesn't seem to be for children 12 and under , but for under 12 only. If selecting 12-15 for the 2nd passenger, the passenger is charged for
It must be 11 and under - 'under 12', which is unfortunate for me with a 11 year old soon to be 12.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gritts2
It must be 11 and under - 'under 12', which is unfortunate for me with a 11 year old soon to be 12.
Indeed , the webpage at one point did state 12 and under though in the terms - looks like it is fixed now

At least those 15 and under can still get free train travel with britrail passes , so will be doing that GBP300 for unlimited 1st class travel in England for 4 non consecutive days will work out nicely for 1 x adult and 1 x 12 year old
Old May 26, 2017, 3:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
They have changed the wording now to under 12. It was 12 and under before as I noted in post 1.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Indeed , the webpage at one point did state 12 and under though in the terms - looks like it is fixed now

At least those 15 and under can still get free train travel with britrail passes , so will be doing that GBP300 for unlimited 1st class travel in England for 4 non consecutive days will work out nicely for 1 x adult and 1 x 12 year old
..... or, for those who live in the UK (who can't buy the BritRail passes) there is always the 7 or 14 day "All Line Rover" which has the downside of having to be used on consequitive days, but is eligible for railcard discounts (2 together / Friends and Family). It would be worth buying the railcard even if you were going to use it just for this (and you can even buy the railcard with clubcard points!).

I think that this is what two people are currently travelling to All the Stations in Britain are using.

Anyway, enough of Traintalk, back to Flyertalk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.