FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Kids fly free returns 1 Jun - 31 Oct 2017 (NCL, INV, BHD, LBA, EDI, BLL) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1841756-kids-fly-free-returns-1-jun-31-oct-2017-ncl-inv-bhd-lba-edi-bll.html)

KARFA May 10, 2017 6:27 am

Kids fly free returns 1 Jun - 31 Oct 2017 (NCL, INV, BHD, LBA, EDI, BLL)

Kids fly free (children aged 12 and under) is back from June to October

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...Kidsflyforfree

Open for those aged over 18 who books a flight on the routes below for themselves and a maximum of 2 children aged 12 and under.

The price for the child is zero - not only is the fare component zero but the taxes, fees, and charges are zero too.

Covers LHR to:
  • Leeds Bradford (LBA)
  • Newcastle (NCL)
  • Inverness (INV)
  • Edinburgh (EDI)
  • Belfast (BHD)
  • Billund, Denmark (BLL)

Flights must be booked between 10 May 2017 and 1 October 2017, and travel must be taken between 1 June 2017 and 31 October 2017.

For flights in ET only.

Can be booked as one way or return. Not applicable where the routes above are booked as part of a connecting flight except for connecting flights to/from Billund (BLL) from/to Leeds Bradford (LBA), Newcastle (NCL), Inverness (INV), Edinburgh (EDI), and Belfast (BHD). However, it seems to work if doing a connection between any of the domestic routes listed, for example pricing BHD-LHR-LBA with one adult and one child gives a quote showing £0 for the child.

No minimum or maximum stay periods. Following blackout periods apply:
  • Inverness (INV) route: 1 July – 5 September 2017 and 1 - 15 October 2017
  • Edinburgh (EDI) route: 24 June -30 July 2017 and 13-23 October 2017

Kids can also eat for free at Huxleys or Giraffe
Kids can eat FREE at Huxleys and other selected restaurants at London Heathrow, Terminal 5. Full terms and conditions apply. See link above.

Kids eat free Giraffe offer valid for British Airways customers only travelling on the selected ‘Kids Fly Free’ routes. Customers must present their boarding pass on the day to identify their destination and eligibility for the offer during the promotional period of 1 June to 31 October 2017. One free children’s meal with each main course purchased, valued at £9 or over. Maximum of four free children’s meals per party. Each child needs to be accompanied by an adult spending £9 each or more on a main meal. Valid for children 10 years and under. Not valid on takeaway.

MrsW May 10, 2017 6:30 am

We did this last year. The Avios and tier points for junior also posted despite there being no charge for the flight. Sadly my youngest son is now 12 so no more freebies!

seat 13a May 10, 2017 8:06 am

According to the website, EDI is a "new route" - really? presumably for free flights...Spare us during July-August festival time - BA will need to dust off those 767 domestics...

euromountain May 10, 2017 8:09 am

This seems like a very sweet deal!
Basically you can fly from BHD to BLL and make it a Legoland weekend :-)
I hope this can be of any good use for some folks!

KARFA May 10, 2017 8:11 am

Originally Posted by seat 13a (Post 28292660)
According to the website, EDI is a "new route" - really? presumably for free flights...Spare us during July-August festival time - BA will need to dust off those 767 domestics...

It actually says EDI is a new destination and this is clearly meant in terms of the 'kids fly free' promotion - the promotion has run in previous years but did not include EDI. BLL is similarly a new addition to 'kids fly free' promotion I believe.

The remaining 767s are around until the end of next year.

aardvarkdave May 10, 2017 11:27 am

Any idea how I calculate the Avios and TPs for the kids on this deal? Thanks.

KARFA May 10, 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by aardvarkdave (Post 28293610)
Any idea how I calculate the Avios and TPs for the kids on this deal? Thanks.

Click on the flight number when booking should show you selling class - I assume this is what you and the child get booked in to. You can use the calculator on ba.com to see how many TP and avios it should earn. It does seem that the child will earn normal avios and TP for this even though they travel free.

madfish May 10, 2017 12:03 pm

To reiterate previous points, the TPs and avios do post for the child as well. (Or at least they did for me last time.) Now I wonder if your child was an infant you would also get a seat for them and the TPs/Avios. Pity it wasn't in CE as that would be a real bonus.

baggageinhall May 10, 2017 12:37 pm

BLL is a wonderful addition to this initiative. I took my eldest to Legoland three years ago (RFS on the LCY-BLL route) and it was great fun.

stu1985 May 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Great. London based passengers getting another advantage over us who live in the regions. Well done BA!

KARFA May 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 28294080)
Great. London based passengers getting another advantage over us who live in the regions. Well done BA!

How so? It applies in both directions of each route.

stu1985 May 10, 2017 1:28 pm

So I can get free ABZ - LHR to one of those cities? Nah, didn't think so!

Dambus May 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Yay, more kids and more FT threads about kids!

On topic - this is nice promotion actually.

KARFA May 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 28294164)
So I can get free ABZ - LHR to one of those cities? Nah, didn't think so!

ABZ isn't on the list, and neither is MAN or GLA. As well as not being of use to you starting in ABZ and wanting to head south, it is also of no use to folks in London who want to travel north to ABZ/MAN/GLA.

stu1985 May 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28294302)
ABZ isn't on the list, and neither is MAN or GLA. As well as not being of use to you starting in ABZ and wanting to head south, it is also of no use to folks in London who want to travel north to ABZ/MAN/GLA.

Great deal for those in LHR then......not us in the other out stations...... :rolleyes: