Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Kids fly free returns 1 Jun - 31 Oct 2017 (NCL, INV, BHD, LBA, EDI, BLL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kids fly free returns 1 Jun - 31 Oct 2017 (NCL, INV, BHD, LBA, EDI, BLL)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 1:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stu1985
Great deal for those in LHR then......not us in the other out stations......
Er ok. I think you are being a tad silly now.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: GGL
Thread title should be: passengers traveling with out children to subsidize those with.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mixbury
Thread title should be: passengers traveling with out children to subsidize those with.
Many thanks for your suggestion. Respectfully, I think I will pass on asking for a change in the title along those lines.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Shame CE isn't included. Thinking of perhaps taking our 7yr old to Billund in oct half term. Is there anything to do in Billund besides legoland? Wondering if 3 nights is too much/little?
Old May 11, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
Many thanks for your suggestion. Respectfully, I think I will pass on asking for a change in the title along those lines.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone tried booking one yet? Now that the Edinburgh flights have mysteriously re-appeared, I had a look but seem to get charged. Example:

28/7 EDI-LHR BA1459
30/7 LHR-EDI BA1458

1x adult and 2x children comes in at 138.96 for the adult and 225.92 for the kids. And, yes, it is a shame that it doesn't apply in CE but they were never going to be that good! I wonder if these fares may get POUGs?

Also - the conditions seem to suggest that one can change at Heathrow for Billund on these fares. Unexpectedly generous - words I never thought I'd be saying about BA ever again!
Old May 11, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sph77
Anyone tried booking one yet? Now that the Edinburgh flights have mysteriously re-appeared, I had a look but seem to get charged. Example:

28/7 EDI-LHR BA1459
30/7 LHR-EDI BA1458

1x adult and 2x children comes in at 138.96 for the adult and 225.92 for the kids.
See post 1, unfortunately there is a blackout period for EDI in July.

Also - the conditions seem to suggest that one can change at Heathrow for Billund on these fares. Unexpectedly generous - words I never thought I'd be saying about BA ever again!
I certainly get a BHD-LHR-BLL to work, and as noted in post one it appears a connection between any of the included domestic destinations is included - so BHD-LHR-LBA also works.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Mixbury
It's a special offer. Many such offers exist. Some people can take advantage of these and some can't.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
See post 1, unfortunately there is a blackout period for EDI in July.
Ah, sorry - didn't notice that. That is quite unfortunate; you might have thought that they'd blackout August instead!
Old May 11, 2017, 10:16 am

Respectfully, I think I will pass on asking for a change in the title along those lines.
It's very good of you to pass on that request, do let us know what response you get back
Old May 11, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by benjai
Shame CE isn't included. Thinking of perhaps taking our 7yr old to Billund in oct half term. Is there anything to do in Billund besides legoland? Wondering if 3 nights is too much/little?
Lego House opens in late September
https://www.legohouse.com/en-gb

I suspect 3 nights is too long. We did one night a few years ago and had time in Legoland on both days. I'd probably do a second night now to have a separate day for Lego House.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

it doesn't seem to be for children 12 and under , but for under 12 only. If selecting 12-15 for the 2nd passenger, the passenger is charged for
Old May 11, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Great offer - just booked LHR - BLL for October half term. Two adults and two children for 273 return! Also booked LEGOLAND for 3 nights and 2 day passes.... Tomorrow I'll be booking LHR - BHD for 1 adult and 2 children (even better deal ;-))
Old May 11, 2017, 6:35 pm

not specific to this offer but a friend was planning on travelling LHR-EDI in August for festival. 2 adults 1x 6 year old and 1 (will be) 22 months. I suggested booking 22 months as child and having own seat as he is a big boy so they would be more comfortable....does anyone know whether they can just book 2 adults and 2 children online or does an infant travelling as a child need to be done on the phone, and would they still get the child "price"? (infant would be 13.26 with no seat and child would be 0 with a seat!) - thanks
Old May 12, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Just booked LHR - BHD for a weekend with the kids.

nice to have a sale that is good for us based near LHR for a change. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.