Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy On Board Linkedin post

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oh dear, it appears little old ladies certainly know how to cause arguments

I wonder if it was this lady:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtuRr-9HjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWiymviEIks

Or perhaps it was this one?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_cDmwlbVkg
Old May 6, 2017, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I loathe Bob but comping someone who has no acceptable form of payment would be a nightmare for BA and cc.

Would it apply to old people only? What about children? And people from cash-common countries? What about bankrupts?

And how soon would word get around that to get a free drink you just need to wave cash and look bewildered? Given that gaming airlines is akin to sport these days, any leeway would get abused like crazy I'm sure.
OMG - considering if there were 3-4 coffees and sodas per flight because an old person or young kid traveling alone -f "exceptional" circumstances - you think that has an impact to BA -- they used to give the entire cabin for free.

Of course, half of the people in this thread would be emailing complaints to BA that that a little old lady got a free coffee and they didnt.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Of course, half of the people in this thread would be emailing complaints to BA that that a little old lady got a free coffee and they didnt.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nto-board.html
Old May 6, 2017, 9:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The point is she doesn't have the option to find another seller that takes cash.

Also, you should note - when trying to book a WT ticket -- when you put in the route at BA.com the only note of BOB is at the bottom of the page:

ABOUT YOUR FARE
Taxes, fees and carrier charges for the entire journey are per adult and are included in the prices above.
The prices shown are intended to help you choose your most appropriate journey. The exact total will be shown after you have selected your outbound flight and may be higher than the amount shown on this page.
If you pay using a credit card or PayPal account billed in the UK, you will be charged a fee of 1% of the cost of your booking, up to a maximum of £20.00 per person.
If the payment card used is not billed in GB Pounds (GBP, £) there may be a difference between the final amount shown and the amount billed on your statement.
Some carriers may charge for food and drinks on short haul economy flights. Click on the flight number against each flight for information. For connecting journeys, click 'Show journey details' to see the flight number.
Prices are quoted in GB Pounds (GBP, £).

If you read that and click on the flight number, you get a pop up window that among other things states:

Economy catering: M&S food sold on board

During the entire purchase process does it anywhere say credit card only?

Also, it isn't specific that bottled water, coffee and tea are charged.

In the U.S. BOB is only food and alcoholic beverages - sodas - coffees - juices are free.
Is the large text for the benefit of the elderly lady who we are now assuming has sight issues too?
Old May 6, 2017, 9:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is the large text for the benefit of the elderly lady who we are now assuming has sight issues too?
Touché

Hahahaha, PepsiMAX all over my monitor
Old May 6, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Nice one - reminds me of my late mother in law, asked the ticket collector on the tube a question, 'sorry dear, you'll have to speak up - I'm profoundly deaf (she wasn't), so nice tube lady speaks up....
'There's no need to shout !'.
Big letters = shouting
I am going to watch with great interest next week as it will be my first Y flight since BOB, an A321 to AMS - should be interesting to see how it goes.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:17 am
Suspended

Crazy

Exactly...or it could be that I couldn't fix it after I posted it
Old May 6, 2017, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Actually you have to be a real low life to think some little old lady having her coffee taken back is funny.

The pathetic part - aside from your comment - is the FA telling his/her colleague to take back the coffee. We all know fraud by senior citizen trying get free coffees by not having charge cards is a big problem.

To Fly, To Charge
That's Hiddy, his sole purpose for being here seems to be to belittle anyone who has a bad experience on BA and cast doubt on its veracity. Strangely it's only the negative stories he doubts. I guess everyone needs a hobby
Old May 6, 2017, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nallison
That's Hiddy, his sole purpose for being here seems to be to belittle anyone who has a bad experience on BA and cast doubt on its veracity. Strangely it's only the negative stories he doubts. I guess everyone needs a hobby
Warped hobby IMO -- defending a multibillion-dollar corporate by belittling often inexperienced travelers who have had a difficult time or been treated poorly.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:53 pm

Actually you have to be a real low life to think some little old lady having her coffee taken back is funny.

The pathetic part - aside from your comment - is the FA telling his/her colleague to take back the coffee. We all know fraud by senior citizen trying get free coffees by not having charge cards is a big problem.

To Fly, To Charge
Originally Posted by nallison
Warped hobby IMO -- defending a multibillion-dollar corporate by belittling often inexperienced travelers who have had a difficult time or been treated poorly.
I don't see how it is thinking some little old lady having her coffee taken back is funny, defending a multibillion-dollar corporation, or belittling anyone to comment on the form of a story posted on social media, or question its veracity.

You are playing the man; never met the chap, but I for one enjoy his wry interventions.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mixbury
I don't see how it is thinking some little old lady having her coffee taken back is funny, defending a multibillion-dollar corporation, or belittling anyone to comment on the form of a story posted on social media, or question its veracity.

You are playing the man; never met the chap, but I for one enjoy his wry interventions.
As do I.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Not playing the man - disagreeing that it is in the spirit of FT to always ridicule anyone who is having a problem or unpleasant situation.

Further, I am debating the concept that "rules are rules - if you didn't know the policy, fluff off."

Top level companies create an environment that enables employees to do a bit extra to create a positive customer experience. In fact, it's what put BA in the leadership position it has been trading on for 20 years.

On a last point, the FT mantra is supposed to be if you don't have something contributive to add to a thread, move along. Coming to FT to get bashed unnecessarily while maybe making some folks snicker hardly helps serve the purpose of FT.

Making a "wry" remark at the expense of somebody to get a laugh out of anonymous people on an internet board is very easy. Offering constructive help or suggestions takes a bit more brain power.

It's really the difference between seeing somebody slip, fall and drop a bunch of papers and having a chuckle vs. the people who help the person collect their papers and get up.

PS - I'll also note, as far as I can see BA does not disclose during the ticketing process that only credit cards are accepted for BOB. Sort of a key point IMO.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:38 pm

Not playing the man - disagreeing that it is in the spirit of FT to always ridicule anyone who is having a problem or unpleasant situation.

Further, I am debating the concept that "rules are rules - if you didn't know the policy, fluff off."

Top level companies create an environment that enables employees to do a bit extra to create a positive customer experience. In fact, it's what put BA in the leadership position it has been trading on for 20 years.

On a last point, the FT mantra is supposed to be if you don't have something contributive to add to a thread, move along. Coming to FT to get bashed unnecessarily while maybe making some folks snicker hardly helps serve the purpose of FT.

Making a "wry" remark at the expense of somebody to get a laugh out of anonymous people on an internet board is very easy. Offering constructive help or suggestions takes a bit more brain power.

It's really the difference between seeing somebody slip, fall and drop a bunch of papers and having a chuckle vs. the people who help the person collect their papers and get up.

PS - I'll also note, as far as I can see BA does not disclose during the ticketing process that only credit cards are accepted for BOB. Sort of a key point IMO.
I note you side-step the point of my post that you quoted, no one is being ridiculed, made fun of, or belittled in the posts to which you refer. Social media being what it is, keeping an open mind on veracity is only wise, and mentioning that fact is a reasonable contribution in the mix of responses as the issue is debated. You seem to be attributing to Hiddy things he did not say then knocking them down.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Probably been mentioned before, but if all the passengers were members of BAEC, gained avios for their booking and flights, they could then use those avios for the BoB. BA would then not make any money from it... .
Old May 6, 2017, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
A little old deaf lady story....it's enough to bring tears to a glass eye.
I note you side-step the point of my post that you quoted, no one is being ridiculed, made fun of, or belittled in the posts to which you refer. Social media being what it is, keeping an open mind on veracity is only wise, and mentioning that fact is a reasonable contribution in the mix of responses as the issue is debated. You seem to be attributing to Hiddy things he did not say then knocking them down.
That's not ridiculing or belittling enough for you? Wow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.