Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist

Pleased to see the curtain is back in the CCR Boardroom!
Prospero and tedcruz like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Now I've been pointed to the existing thread I thought I'd mention the White Rose sample menu is online now.

Breakfast (available until 11am)
Bacon sandwich
Sausage sandwich
Freshly baked ham, cheese & tomato turnover
Toast
Beans (available on request)
Freshly baked croissants & pan au chocolat
Cereal bars
Cereals & granola
Greek yoghurt & fruit compote
Fresh fruit salad

Lunch & Afternoon (available from 11am)
Hot sandwiches (choice varies daily) – beef, pulled pork or turkey
Soup & fresh bread rolls (choice varies daily)
Pasta dish (choice varies daily)
Salad bar selection

Snacks (available all day)
Fruit teacakes
Toast and preserves
Apple & cinnamon traybake
Brownies
Flapjack
Fresh fruit
Yorkshire crisps

Kid Boxes (available all day)
Sandwich, snack, fruit, carton of juice and colouring set

Special Dietary Requirements
Gluten free available on request
Drinks
Soft Drinks

Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi, Tango, Lemonade
Selection of juices and cordials

Hot Drinks
Yorkshire Tea
Selection of barista coffees including latte, cappuccino and espresso
Selection of Taylors of Harrogate speciality teas

Wines
Selection of Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Rose, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon

Beers
Draught Stella Artois & Bud Light
Speciality local craft beer

Spirits
Slingsby, Slingsby Rhubarb and Beefeater Gin, Smirnoff Vodka, Bacardi White Rum, Captain Morgans Dark Rum, Famous Grouse Whiskey, Cognac Gautier VS Brandy & Baileys Irish Cream Selection of Britvic & Fevertree mixers
Not impressed with their cola choice or Bud Light but the rest looks positive for a domestic lounge.

I've reproduced the menu for the White Rose Suite as KARFA mentions above that's the one BA are more likely to use. The menu for the Yorkshire lounge is here and also looks acceptable although oddly Beck's replaces Stella and there's a cider on this menu (is this just an omission from the White Rose menu?), the premium 1432 menu is here it's the only lounge with complimentary sparkling wine and yet again has a different lager choice (Peroni). This lounge does have Coca-Cola which shows they think Coke is more premium than Pepsi.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Pleased to see the curtain is back in the CCR Boardroom!
Yes, good to see. It was put back up shortly after the boardroom was repainted. This was from 28 January and I think the curtains had just gone back up then.

Originally Posted by layz
Now I've been pointed to the existing thread I thought I'd mention the White Rose sample menu is online now.

Not impressed with their cola choice or Bud Light but the rest looks positive for a domestic lounge.

I've reproduced the menu for the White Rose Suite as KARFA mentions above that's the one BA are more likely to use. The menu for the Yorkshire lounge is here and also looks acceptable although oddly Beck's replaces Stella and there's a cider on this menu (is this just an omission from the White Rose menu?), the premium 1432 menu is here it's the only lounge with complimentary sparkling wine and yet again has a different lager choice (Peroni). This lounge does have Coca-Cola which shows they think Coke is more premium than Pepsi.
Thanks, hadn't seen the sample menus.

I have heard that KL & BA status & J passengers would use The White Rose Suite with the option to pay £5 to go to the 1432 Club, but it's no confirmed atm. I will see if I can find out more. Nothing has changed on ba.com MMB and bookings for the summer still show the Yorkshire Premier Lounge for LBA.

It looks like Saturday 14 April is when they open. I don't have any LBA-LHR flight booked until 1 May so hopefully someone can post some photos and comments before then.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks, hadn't seen the sample menus.

I have heard that KL & BA status & J passengers would use The White Rose Suite with the option to pay £5 to go to the 1432 Club, but it's no confirmed atm. I will see if I can find out more. Nothing has changed on ba.com MMB and bookings for the summer still show the Yorkshire Premier Lounge for LBA.

It looks like Saturday 14 April is when they open. I don't have any LBA-LHR flight booked until 1 May so hopefully someone can post some photos and comments before then.
It does look like it's going to be a great facility. I like the idea of being able to pay a smaller fee to access the premium lounge (well I'd like it more if BA arranged for golds access for free, but I don't expect it as no BA regional lounge has an F section understandably) in other airports with similar facilities (like MAN) that option isn't available.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by layz
It does look like it's going to be a great facility. I like the idea of being able to pay a smaller fee to access the premium lounge (well I'd like it more if BA arranged for golds access for free, but I don't expect it as no BA regional lounge has an F section understandably) in other airports with similar facilities (like MAN) that option isn't available.
No, but MAN is a BA operated lounge whereas LBA is third party. Here's hoping BA arrange for Golds and connecting First passengers to use the better lounge, but somehow in the era of Cruzification I doubt it.

Nothing says premium like 'pay five quid for a better lounge'.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
No, but MAN is a BA operated lounge whereas LBA is third party. Here's hoping BA arrange for Golds and connecting First passengers to use the better lounge, but somehow in the era of Cruzification I doubt it.

Nothing says premium like 'pay five quid for a better lounge'.
I imagine the upgrade offer won’t be promoted it’ll just be offered if people ask about the better lounge.

So although the 1903 lounge at MAN is independent of BA who run their own lounge, I could see the business sense in them offering discounts to those who are eligible for the BA lounge as they’re unlikely to pay full price (isn’t it £40?) as they have lounge access already but may be willing to pay around £15-20 more if the lounge is significantly better.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold

I'll be there on 16/4, so will try & get some pictures!
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Is there a T5 Club lounge thread?
i think i’ve seen one but can’t find it.

Flying out on Sunday and wondering which of the 3 lounges is best to visit.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by SussexFly
Is there a T5 Club lounge thread?
i think i’ve seen one but can’t find it.

Flying out on Sunday and wondering which of the 3 lounges is best to visit.
T5B GC is usually quieter as long as you are familiar with how to get back to T5A if that's where your flight is from - basically you need to walk, do not try and take the transit from T5B to A.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Which of the lounges in LHR T3 would you recommend when flying F ?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by MaximeD
Which of the lounges in LHR T3 would you recommend when flying F ?
CX

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:54 am

T5B GC is usually quieter as long as you are familiar with how to get back to T5A if that's where your flight is from - basically you need to walk, do not try and take the transit from T5B to A.
thanks for that
is it easy to navigate back to T5A? We’re a savvy couple so don’t think it would be a problem navigating as long as it’s not too complicated!
apart from T5B being quieter - are all the lounges relatively the same?
​​
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
is it easy to navigate back to T5A?
See LHR Terminal 5 passageways - a pictorial guide for departing passengers for instructions.

Fundamentally, from the T5B lounge: find the correct lift, take it down to level T-4, follow the signs to walk back to T5A (ie the A gates), go up in the lift to level 2 which is the main T5A shopping level.
apart from T5B being quieter - are all the lounges relatively the same?
Broadly speaking, yes.

It is often easier to get a spa treatment at the T5B lounge, too - but that is a consequence of the lounge being quieter.
SussexFly likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It is often easier to get a spa treatment at the T5B lounge, too - but that is a consequence of the lounge being quieter.
Thanks for the info
am I right in thinking CE passengers can’t have spa treatments though?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
am I right in thinking CE passengers can’t have spa treatments though?
That's correct. I think I may have missed the fact that you're flying in CE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.