Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with onboard butter?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Don't keep it a secret! Forget the Butter, tell us about the Wine [if that's not too far OT for this very BAFT Thread!].
Ha ha the wine in question was Urlar Sauvignon Blanc 2012. It was a new wine that Air NZ had just introduced (and Urlar was a relatively new biodynamic vineyard) and was going down a storm with the Business Premier cabin. I lived in Hong Kong at the time and managed to find a wine importer who got me a case. It was extremely quaffable (just what you need on a flight from HK to London!).

Urlar wines are much easier to find these days (now they're more well established) and available online in the UK. But what I liked was Air NZ taking a punt on a newish name in wine as well as showcasing NZ products. It make it more interesting as a passenger rather than getting the same old stuff trotted out.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Detail appreciated ^
Old May 2, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by bhbloke
We used to get Country Life, before they changed to that awul cheap catering portion of some naff cash and carry brand.

No problem with the taste of President, just disappointed that BA are showcasing French products.
Not sure why this comes as surprise? They serve Heineken rather than a UK brewed lager? Why is there no Irn Bru yet American soft drinks are available? Would there be outcry if they served English wines?
Old May 2, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I'm with Uncle-T on this one, JER butter would be fantastic; hopefully the could negotiate a competitive deal.

In reality, this is a similar argument to the government (both local, national and respective departments) has with procurement. Should UK civil servants drive British cars when on business? Should we buy British warships and aircraft even when less capable or significantly more expensive? Should we only fly British airlines?
Old May 2, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
or are we now all European, at least for the next 2 years anyway?
Old May 2, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps BA likes to project the "International" image?

So, Kinnie and Mr&MrsT and other such non-alkie beverages? Shame about the screen-wash Orange Juice (hello, LTN Phobia ) The options of either 'branding UK' or increasing customer choice are endless.

But does BA see this as a money-maker? Ah, there's the rub.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:38 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
At least it's butter. Try ordering a special (practically any one on any airline) because they seem to think that anyone ordering a SPML should not have butter and replace it with some non-dairy (or similar muck) spread.

S
Old May 2, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saltire74
At least it's butter. Try ordering a special (practically any one on any airline) because they seem to think that anyone ordering a SPML should not have butter and replace it with some non-dairy (or similar muck) spread.
A certain AAirline of my experience serves some whipped yellowish stuff which may have no connections with cows at all. On that basis, I'm glad that BA uses actually butter from udder output, wherever the cow live!
Old May 2, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Mis read the thread title.

I thought some one was moaning about the lack of a butler.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Mis read the thread title.

I thought some one was moaning about the lack of a butler.
Another DYKWIA concern, but one that deserves a new Thread
Old May 2, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by bhbloke
My 4th (and final) trip of April over the weekend in CE, and again President butter.

Should the UK's flag carrier not be a showcase for a British brand of butter?

I'm going to call Nigel Farage about this
With this being BA and all, shouldn't this "President" butter be "Queen" butter?

Apologies to Jerry Seinfeld

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.