Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with onboard butter?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
. Alternatively putting the butter (wrapper on) into a clenched fist can improve the spreadability. If anyone has any good ideas for softening the butter please do share.
ISTR one of our lady contributors warms the (wrapper on) butter between her thighs. But that might just be my fertile imagination.

I have no idea what she might do with the sauce sachets ... perhaps leave them on the tray, unused, as I do.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
ISTR one of our lady contributors warms the (wrapper on) butter between her thighs. But that might just be my fertile imagination.

I have no idea what she might do with the sauce sachets ... perhaps leave them on the tray, unused, as I do.
Hahaha I'll bear it in mind, but having warm butter is not sufficiently important to me to risk an offload
Old May 2, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA, DL, AF
Originally Posted by bhbloke
My 4th (and final) trip of April over the weekend in CE, and again President butter.

Should the UK's flag carrier not be a showcase for a British brand of butter?

I'm going to call Nigel Farage about this
How about Kerrygold?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
IIRC BA are now serving Netherend Farm in CW and F?
That's what we had last month in CW. I think it tastes great and in my mind if it's good enough for the Dorchester Collection to serve in their British hotels then it must be a quality product.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BostonRobin
How about Kerrygold?
Close, but no cigar!
Old May 2, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BostonRobin
How about Kerrygold?
Hmmm, any cows grazing across the border up North?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems choosethedrew has resolved the problem already.

I confess to not studying butter packs/pots that closely. I shall pay more attention in future!
Old May 2, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by jonjparr
That's what we had last month in CW. I think it tastes great and in my mind if it's good enough for the Dorchester Collection to serve in their British hotels then it must be a quality product.
They sell it in Waitrose and it's one of the higher-priced butters, hope Alex Cruz isn't reading this! Not a patch on Pepe Saya though.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
They sell it in Waitrose and it's one of the higher-priced butters, hope Alex Cruz isn't reading this!
That's what I don't understand, surely most brands would cut BA deal with a price not far above cost as it's a good way to get their product in front of a fairly cashed up audience?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
I was going to suggest putting it under your Nether End for a while until I read this
ISTR one of our lady contributors warms the (wrapper on) butter between her thighs.

Last edited by heartybob; May 2, 2017 at 6:59 am
Old May 2, 2017, 6:56 am

They sell it in Waitrose and it's one of the higher-priced butters, hope Alex Cruz isn't reading this! Not a patch on Pepe Saya though.
It was in my basket on Sunday morning!
Old May 2, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by jonjparr
It was in my basket on Sunday morning!
How do you rate it compared to Échiré?!
Old May 2, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Close, but no cigar!

They have around 10 sites in the UK, not sure if any of them are dairy or just ingredients.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
I was pleased when I first saw this (I don't use ketchup or brown sauce but do like a good quality butter) but on my last few flights, the Netherend Farm seems to have gone awol and been replaced by some unidentifiable butter.

I do wish BA would use British food and drink but given they barely feed passengers in WT/WT+ these days. they're hardly going to spend money on showcasing British food and drink. Such a shame. One of the things I like most about flying with Air NZ is being able to try NZ wines and cheese etc. I liked one of their wines so much that I had a case shipped overseas to me.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bibbju
<snip>...
One of the things I like most about flying with Air NZ is being able to try NZ wines and cheese etc. I liked one of their wines so much that I had a case shipped overseas to me.
Don't keep it a secret! Forget the Butter, tell us about the Wine [if that's not too far OT for this very BAFT Thread!].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.