Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by juniorbox
Thank you for the pointers - much appreciated! I was planning on using two vouchers across the four of us, but looking at it now it seems the best thing to do might be to buy the second pair of seats with cash and then I can use the other voucher for a trip to NYC or somewhere with much better availability!
Excellent idea - and often these fares can be £1,100ish exAMS so if you and one of the kids don't mind a day trip to Amsterdam the day before you could save a fortune
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Excellent idea - and often these fares can be £1,100ish exAMS so if you and one of the kids don't mind a day trip to Amsterdam the day before you could save a fortune
The mechanics of this may depend on whose names the existing award bookings have been made in. Looking back to juniorbox's original post, the children are described as "young", which has an effect on whether they can be on a separate booking; and I have taken it that juniorbox is likely to be the voucher holder and therefore already be booked on an award seat (as a voucher has been used).
Old Nov 21, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Linking a hotel booking / making a BA Holiday.
I am half way through booking a 2-4-1, ie, I've secured outbound only when the tickets were recently released. I noticed the wording about linking bookings within 24 hours to receive the benefits of ATOL protection.
If/when I secure my inbound, can I then make and link a hotel booking? or will BA consider that the booking was made 1 week prior. (presumably adding the inbound is a modification, rather than a new booking?)
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:24 am

Got a 2-4-1 LHR-JNB in F coming up in early March which I am going to cancel due to Covid as I am in an at risk group (long and boring story which I won't bore you with).

More than happy to get a FTV and rebooking to somewhere else later in the year but what happens if I use the FTV (with the same 2-4-1) to book outbound then have to leave it for a couple of weeks to book the inbound at -T355.

Does the FTV just stay on the account till the return flights are available or do they issue another one for the difference? Would like to know what exactly happens so I don't make a mistake and don't muck up the timings if I have to wait for a new FTV or have to invest in some extra Avios.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 5:47 am

Ignore above message (well everyone did anyway )

Cancelled flights, got an FTV and rebooked LHR-SYD next Aug/Sept assuming everything is open for travel by then - very happy!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 4:00 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try searching!

If I cancel the return leg of 2-4-1 Avios booking BEFORE flying the outbound, am I right that I get back the Avios + taxes, less £35 fee per ticket?

Also, I understand I could just change the return leg to something completely different within 1 year. It's currently JNB to LHR on 12th Jan, so I could make it (for example) NYC-LHR on 15th May instead if I wanted? Then sort out an outbound flight later. All within the open jaw distance restrictions of course.

Many thanks,
Dan
Old Nov 27, 2020, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DanATC
Also, I understand I could just change the return leg to something completely different within 1 year. It's currently JNB to LHR on 12th Jan, so I could make it (for example) NYC-LHR on 15th May instead if I wanted? Then sort out an outbound flight later. All within the open jaw distance restrictions of course.
I think that this would still be subject to the "same Avios zone" restriction, so changing from JNB-LHR to NYC-LHR wouldn't work. But I think that changing from JNB-LHR to MIA-LHR should be OK for the purposes of this rule.

However, both NYC and MIA would fall foul of the open jaw distance rule.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:53 am

Sorry if this detail is elsewhere in the thread, I don't recall seeing it.

Having got our preferred outbound flights last week, we were pipped at the post for the inbound while waiting in a phone queue (38 mins to US number) last night to book the inbound.
We now have a few options, but for now, we are trying once more to get a new pair of dates in J to same destination.
Do we:

1) Cancel our existing booking completely and start afresh, going for a later set of dates?
a)(It seems if I do this online, I may end up with e-vouchers or FTVs instead of my companion voucher back?
b) Phone to see if I can get my companion voucher back, then book online at midnight at T-255 again.
2) Use the rebook/change dates facility in MMB to try to switch my existing o/bound to the new date when it becomes available.

Much preferring the look of 2- but if it doesn't work, I'm stuffed with my existing companion voucher tied up!

Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Out of interest, what’s the destination and roughly when FamilyOf6 ?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:07 am

Out of interest, what’s the destination and roughly when FamilyOf6 ?
Roughly a year and roughly somewhere in the Caribbean, where the flights aren't daily!
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, annoying indeed! I can’t help - no suggestions on this one
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:10 am

Oh, annoying indeed! I can’t help - no suggestions on this one
Thanks anyway. I'd even called in on the previous night to test the wait time! I think Black Friday must have tipped the balance.

I can't see any reason that the online date change shouldn't work, unsure if I'd pay a fee online?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:36 am

Using companion voucher plus booking BA hotel

[QUOTE=FamilyOf6;32835088]Linking a hotel booking / making a BA Holiday.
I am half way through booking a 2-4-1, ie, I've secured outbound only when the tickets were recently released. I noticed the wording about linking bookings within 24 hours to receive the benefits of ATOL protection.
If/when I secure my inbound, can I then make and link a hotel booking? or will BA consider that the booking was made 1 week prior. (presumably adding the inbound is a modification, rather than a new booking?)[/QUOTE

I too would like to know if this is possible please. I would like the protection of booking a BA holiday but want to use my companion voucher and Avios.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
[QUOTE=Flyerbunny;32852491]
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Linking a hotel booking / making a BA Holiday.
If/when I secure my inbound, can I then make and link a hotel booking? or will BA consider that the booking was made 1 week prior. (presumably adding the inbound is a modification, rather than a new booking?)[/QUOTE

I too would like to know if this is possible please. I would like the protection of booking a BA holiday but want to use my companion voucher and Avios.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
I don't think you can link a hotel booking via BA Holidays to an Avios reward booking, let alone a Companion Voucher redemption. You would have two separate booking references. This is a downside of the Avios reward booking. On the upside it is far more flexible than a cash booking for a flight .
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:08 am

I can see two Club seats to my preferred destination if I use the Explore Availabilty tool, but I can't use my voucher there; I've tried clicking all the way through to making payment and it seems that the booking would go through. If I click on Book Using My Vouchers though there is no availability for the outbound flight (although there is for the inbound) so I can't make the booking using my voucher. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.