Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If it's just to use the 2-4-1 voucher so that you're then free to turn it into a FTV, then why would you need to book a round-trip ticket? A one-way will do. Economy zone 1 is 4,000 Avios per person off-peak (ie 4,000 for the two of you using the voucher), plus £17.50 RFS fee if you qualify. If you can find a one-way route on which the 2-4-1 is valid where the actual TFC are lower than £17.50, you should only have to pay the lower amount.
Many thanks, Globaliser. I want to preserve an expiring British Airways Companion voucher with expires in a few months. I have a British Airways Premium Plus American Express card, and they refused to extend the companion voucher date. I was hoping to find a way to save it from expiring.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:14 pm

Hello
Apologies if asked before, however does anyone know if there are further extensions to the 6 month extension on BA Amex vouchers. Reason I ask if I have one expiring early next year (which was previously booked on a trip in April this year), but I cannot envisage being able to use by next February.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As per the book with confidence thread, book something (Lhr-ams for example) then convert to Future Travel Voucher, taking it to 2022
sarahluv likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
As per the book with confidence thread, book something (Lhr-ams for example) then convert to Future Travel Voucher, taking it to 2022
That works if the 241 hasn't already had the 6-month extension: your BAEC Account will show the expiry date. I have just re-cycled a 241 from a cancelled trip - it had already been extended even though already used in the cancelled booking, and the Agent made it quite clear that only one extension would be applied. So if our 2nd trip gets cancelled, the 241 will quietly expire on it's due date (3 Mar 21).
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
That works if the 241 hasn't already had the 6-month extension: your BAEC Account will show the expiry date. I have just re-cycled a 241 from a cancelled trip - it had already been extended even though already used in the cancelled booking, and the Agent made it quite clear that only one extension would be applied. So if our 2nd trip gets cancelled, the 241 will quietly expire on it's due date (3 Mar 21).
yes it will expire if you get it refunded

if you stick it in a FTV however it won’t get refunded and will instead remain valid in the FTV until April 2022
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes it will expire if you get it refunded

if you stick it in a FTV however it won’t get refunded and will instead remain valid in the FTV until April 2022
Hmmm ... I may have screwed that transaction, it seems! Oh, well!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Hmmm ... I may have screwed that transaction, it seems! Oh, well!
well all is not lost. as noted a few times in the thread now, just book a cheap one way reward using the 241, then apply for a FTV.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
well all is not lost. as noted a few times in the thread now, just book a cheap one way reward using the 241, then apply for a FTV.
I think I got it right ... the cancelled trip one is indeed extended to Apr 22, and sat in my BAEC account. The one I've just used was untouched, and due to expire in Feb 21. So if that trip dies, yes, I will FTV the whole package (c. £6k) and that would then extend that 241 to 2022.

The is all too complicated for an old bloke!
alex67500 likes this.

Last edited by T8191; Oct 12, 2020 at 3:48 am
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA silver
Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a redemption boking for 3 online or by phone whilst using a companion voucher, ie two people under 241 and a third paying standard pricing? Every attempt to do this online has run into "Sorry there seems to be a technical problem", ad we've missed the phone lines closing today. We'd rather not do this under two bookings due to the risk of being separated if flights have to be rebooked due to cancellation or IRROPS.
I've seen previous posts that mention where you can combine two vouchers for 3 travellers paying avios for 2, but that seems a bit silly as the voucher isn't giving any apparent benefit.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:30 pm

Looks like my 241s have just had a further 6 month extension! No email about this so far.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by volar
Looks like my 241s have just had a further 6 month extension! No email about this so far.
One that is marked as used in mine is now extended to 3 years (it’s held in a booking so far) the other 2 (unused) are still 2.5 years

Last edited by aidy; Oct 13, 2020 at 3:43 am
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news! Just checked my used vouchers, and my SYD one in December has indeed extended now to Sept 2021
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by paul71
Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a redemption boking for 3 online or by phone whilst using a companion voucher, ie two people under 241 and a third paying standard pricing? Every attempt to do this online has run into "Sorry there seems to be a technical problem", ad we've missed the phone lines closing today. We'd rather not do this under two bookings due to the risk of being separated if flights have to be rebooked due to cancellation or IRROPS.
I've seen previous posts that mention where you can combine two vouchers for 3 travellers paying avios for 2, but that seems a bit silly as the voucher isn't giving any apparent benefit.
Answering my own question, according to the agent I spoke to, it normally works fine to do this online, but there is apparently a problem with automatic issue of tickets to the USA at the moment - all sorted after calling in this morning. Just need to wait for manual issue of two bookings worth of tickets now, but I can see that the avios and vouchers have been debited.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Just my luck with this extension, my next 2-4-1 expires on 3rd April
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Great news! Just checked my used vouchers, and my SYD one in December has indeed extended now to Sept 2021
I was delighted to learn this and have had several vouchers extended now. I had intended to book and work around this. Happy that I don't need to now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.