Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bzc
Interesting because that's exactly what I was going to try and book in the next few weeks, what are the arguments against this? Is it only that it is difficult to get the reward seats?
It's partly because of that difficulty, and partly because there are often some very attractively-priced cash tickets to be had, particularly from other EU origin points, on airlines which some think are higher quality than BA. You have to stop somewhere to get to SYD, so using a sixth-freedom airline like QR (to take one obvious oneworld example) doesn't really inject the same time penalty when compared to a route that could be flown non-stop from London on BA.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can book LHR-SYD all on BA metal. The scarcity of award seats to SYD does affect this, though.
Ah I didn't realise it was a stop - assumed it was a separate carrier doing the next leg.

Scarcity is correct, but entirely possible to grab, just need to be first off the mark
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
Has anyone attempted to get an extension on their 241 if you have had to cancel your trip due to the pilot strikes?

My voucher will likely go to waste now, unless I can get it extended.

If you have - do I contact AMEX or BA to request the extension?
Just as a data point, I contacted BAEC and they have given me a 6 month extension on our voucher.
argonath likes this.

Last edited by PointsPointsPoints; Sep 28, 2019 at 2:52 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Varies
I've had to cancel our 241 redemption flight today due to illness. Does anyone know how long it takes before the 241 voucher is returned to my account? It expires at the beginning of January and I'm already starting to look for availability either later this year or in the first few days of January. I have enough avios, it's just the voucher I need.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Windowview
I've had to cancel our 241 redemption flight today due to illness. Does anyone know how long it takes before the 241 voucher is returned to my account?
Quickly. Similar experience this week where I cancelled a 241 at 9pm and by the next morning it reappeared. The Avios return is instant, but the voucher was not. Went to bed not long after I cancelled, so may in actuality only be an hour or two.

Last edited by simon79; Oct 2, 2019 at 10:19 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by simon79
Quickly. Similar experience this week where I cancelled a 241 at 9pm and by the next morning it reappeared. The Avios return is instant, but the voucher was not. Went to bed not longer after I cancelled, so may in actuality only be an hour or two.
Thanks. I cancelled at around 11am this morning, and haven't had anything refunded yet (avios, taxes/fees, 241 voucher).

I've had an email saying "We have received your information and are currently processing your refund. We will refund any money owed to the card used to make the booking and we will send you a confirmation email when it's been done".

I'll wait until tomorrow morning in case it's an overnight process.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:54 am

Thanks. I cancelled at around 11am this morning, and haven't had anything refunded yet (avios, taxes/fees, 241 voucher).

I've had an email saying "We have received your information and are currently processing your refund. We will refund any money owed to the card used to make the booking and we will send you a confirmation email when it's been done".

I'll wait until tomorrow morning in case it's an overnight process.

No, no luck overnight. There's only one available redemption flight to the US West Coast within our travel period, before the voucher expires. I have a feeling we're not going to be able to nab it if the voucher isn't returned to me soon.

I've started a twitter conversation with BA to see if they can help, but I don't understand why some people get theirs back almost immediately and some don't.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No, no luck overnight. There's only one available redemption flight to the US West Coast within our travel period, before the voucher expires. I have a feeling we're not going to be able to nab it if the voucher isn't returned to me soon.

I've started a twitter conversation with BA to see if they can help, but I don't understand why some people get theirs back almost immediately and some don't.
Sometimes it is a manual process. In those cases it’s is usually around a week before it all gets processed.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Sometimes it is a manual process. In those cases it’s is usually around a week before it all gets processed.
Thanks. I'll try to be patient. And BA suggested I spoke to Amex to see if they'd extend the voucher, given that we had to cancel due to illness. I've not seen any posts showing that to be successful, but it won't hurt to try.

eta: Amex are going to consider my request

Last edited by ttama; Oct 3, 2019 at 4:34 am
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:36 am

FYI : BA have replied on twitter to say the refund will hopefully take 10 working days but could be longer.

That seems like a long time given that I was able to cancel online. I'd expected the refunds to be an automated process.

Fingers crossed that Amex will give me an extension because otherwise there'll be slim pickings on long haul destinations if I have to use the voucher by Jan 5th.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
FYI : BA have replied on twitter to say the refund will hopefully take 10 working days but could be longer.

That seems like a long time given that I was able to cancel online. I'd expected the refunds to be an automated process.

Fingers crossed that Amex will give me an extension because otherwise there'll be slim pickings on long haul destinations if I have to use the voucher by Jan 5th.
It usually is automated but sometimes it is manual - you can usually tell as the automatic one (in which you get an instantaneous avios refund) show you the cancellation quote and you just click to cancel, whereas the manual process does not show a quote and you have to type in your details. Both methods are initiated online on MMB.

If you need the avios back quickly you can call, but if not just wait.
Windowview likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
I have found some availability for LHR-SIN and then SIN-SYD in F (and the equivalent return legs). Can I use one 2-4-1 redemption for this or do BA class it as separate trips even if booked at the same time?
If it does require 2 companion vouchers, does it matter if one is held by me and another by my wife, both in the same Household account?
thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jrc999
I have found some availability for LHR-SIN and then SIN-SYD in F (and the equivalent return legs). Can I use one 2-4-1 redemption for this or do BA class it as separate trips even if booked at the same time?
You can book those in a single trip, using one voucher.

You also appear to have won the lottery.
LBA_flyer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can book those in a single trip, using one voucher.

You also appear to have won the lottery.
Just to clarify, it would be LHR-SIN (day 1), SIN-SYD (day 3) and then SYD-SIN (day 20) and SIN-LHR (day 21/22 cant remember).
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Redeeming companion voucher in December

I have a companion voucher that I need to use by April next year. It'll be my first time redeeming one so please bear with the questions! My husband and I are looking to go away this December (dates relatively flexible) as he has a month off work. We have no particular preference on destination but it should be baby friendly as our baby will be 10 months by then. It will also be our first time flying with our baby so we will probably avoid long haul for now. Is there a way to search availability of flights by date rather than destination? Also do I need to add the baby to my household account so that the searches will pick up availability for the three of us? Any suggestions for destinations are also welcome. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.