Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No drinks apart from coffee and tea [proactively offered] in CE? [breakfast service]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No drinks apart from coffee and tea [proactively offered] in CE? [breakfast service]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A total abstainer writes:

I am loving all these helpful tips on how to ask for a drink. Never thought it was so complicated!
Ha ha ha
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:59 am

I'm not one to drink alcohol on a morning flight, but as a non-tea/coffee drinker, some crews do feel it's an inconvenience to be asked for a soft drink.

I figure whatever the time of the flight, chances are i've been up at least 5 hours, so it's never to early for a Diet Coke.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:04 am

Talking

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I'm not one to drink alcohol on a morning flight, but as a non-tea/coffee drinker, some crews do feel it's an inconvenience to be asked for a soft drink.

I figure whatever the time of the flight, chances are i've been up at least 5 hours, so it's never to early for a Diet Coke.
A Diet Cola drink is usually my first drink every day. It's usually provided with a smile on board when requested - although on early morning flights it is entirely possible that I've misread a smirk for smile
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A total abstainer writes:

I am loving all these helpful tips on how to ask for a drink. Never thought it was so complicated!

Don't listen to him folks....he has a cws mug available on ALL flights!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
No bloody pancakes?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A Diet Cola drink is usually my first drink every day.
"Diet cola"? Seems someone has pre-empted the disappointment of "We only have Pepsi, is that ok?" when asking for a Diet Coke by name...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Here's someone who gets it!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by obduro
"Diet cola"? Seems someone has pre-empted the disappointment of "We only have Pepsi, is that ok?" when asking for a Diet Coke by name...
Actually, Coke Zero or PepsiMAX would be my preferred options - then Diet Coke - Diet Pepsi is my least favourite and I avoid all others altogether.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Actually, Coke Zero or PepsiMAX would be my preferred options - then Diet Coke - Diet Pepsi is my least favourite and I avoid all others altogether.
My exact preference... until the launch of Coke Zero Sugar which I now rank in the 'undrinkable' category along with Diet Pepsi.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:55 am

Excellent tastes in Colas I must say...I note that Coke Life hasn't been mentioned? Perhaps that's why it's being scrapped!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by stu1985
Crew should surely be asking CE passengers: "tea, coffee or anything from the bar?" so that the non regular travelers know that they can get something other than tea or coffee if they want.
This is exactly my point, on today's flight I was referring to two non regular travelers ^

On the trolley apparently there was only coffee and tea.

Last edited by 81romeo; Apr 19, 2017 at 9:06 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:50 am

I just got off the return of this exact flight today, BRI-LGW and there was a lovely crew offering a full bar as usual. On the outbound a week ago (the same 07.25 departure as the OP) champagne was opened and offered, though as far as I could see no-one in the four-row cabin was brave enough to make the first move.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by zchapk9
offering a full bar as usual
Maybe because of the "savings" on the way out?

I hope you had a lovely week in Puglia
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Lesson here, make sure all CE passengers ask for champagbe/beer/sodas/juices, if CE is only served coffee except "on request by in the know fliers" then Cruz will enhance CE drinks to tea/coffee only as being what passengers demand

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 19, 2017 at 10:14 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by zchapk9
I just got off the return of this exact flight today, BRI-LGW and there was a lovely crew offering a full bar as usual. On the outbound a week ago (the same 07.25 departure as the OP) champagne was opened and offered, though as far as I could see no-one in the four-row cabin was brave enough to make the first move.
ALERT MODS/RBP - FTer letting the side down by not getting off their tits before the sun's beyond the yard arm.

I'm never flying FT again. FFS

;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.