Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | North America

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
San Diego Airspace Lounge - With a little fishing around on the Airspace website I was able to find the complimentary menu used for BA. There's a separate one for JAL too.

Old May 6, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
New Orleans MSY. My experience on 6th May 2019. BA224 2135 MSY-LHR

No longer give the $28 voucher in lieu of no lounge facilities. They have run out of vouchers apparently. No fast track security either and it was really slow with long lines on checking in around 1800. All the catering concessions close at 2000 which is well before the flight. The usual overpriced fast food type items. This is a really poor experience for BA Club World passengers and other elites.

Now new terminal delayed yet again until Autumn 2019 BA really need to sort something out. As a minimum restore the issue of vouchers. I will be contacting BA once I'm back in the UK about the poor facilities.

Last edited by peterinlewesuk; May 11, 2019 at 2:53 am Reason: Update after BA response
Old May 11, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
MSY - New Orleans lack of lounge issues - follow up to post #77

Received a thorough response from BA :-

'While we often provide vouchers when a lounge is temporarily closed, I'm not aware of any such agreement at New Orleans, as there's no lounge agreement at all. However, if vouchers have been provided to customers in the past, they would always be subject to availability and could be withdrawn at any time'

So it seems the $28 voucher mentioned was perhaps a one-off or just for a short period of time.

However, a goodwill gesture of Avios has already appeared in my account so always worth commenting.

And the response was thorough even referring to my next booked flights, which was refreshing from the normal 'cut and paste' responses that many companies adopt.

Last edited by peterinlewesuk; May 11, 2019 at 3:04 am
Old May 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Is the lounge at DFW going to be closing with the opening of the Flagship Lounge next week?
Old May 11, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by peterinlewesuk
So it seems the $28 voucher mentioned was perhaps a one-off or just for a short period of time.
Definitely not a one off. As I received a voucher in July 2016 and I remember expecting it based on reviews from the launch of the route.

Also the agent’s excuse that they ran out of vouchers seems odd as I am fairly sure it was printed on a boarding pass.

Agree re pricing. The voucher bought some fried chicken and a single glass of wine IIRC.

Roll on the new terminal.
Old May 19, 2019, 4:18 pm

Rather disappointing to hear about the further MSY delays and the total absence of even a voucher provision... I will be travelling through next month in CW (my first 2-4-1 redemption, and it will actually be my first overnight CW flight) and I was looking forward to seeing what a brand new lounge was like
Old May 20, 2019, 12:55 am

Is there any more detail on the Autumn opening of new MSY terminal? I am travelling in October. If it is open any news on likelihood of a BA OW lounge?
Old May 25, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A full review with photos of the recently refurbished Concorde Room and First lounges at JFK are featured in my latest trip report here:

In the Shadow of Concorde: The British Airways Premium Experience Revisited
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had the misfortune of having to spend about 4 hours at The Club at MCO, BA's Lounge at MCO. Because it's shared by so many airlines if you're waiting on the 2130 flight to LGW it's pretty crowded until a little after 2000. Seating was really limited though thankfully power was in abundant supply though the USB chargers didn't work at all seats.

Alcohol is served solely by bartenders. Alcohol selection is fairly middle shelf though they have a decent selection (Glenfiddich and JW Red for scotch, Tanqueray for Gin). The pours are short and they won't do doubles. Waitstaff did come around doing refills though which was nice

Hot food was limited to two soups. There were also some sandwiches (chicken salad and a vegetable one) and nibbles plus some sweets. The soda fountain is nice as it saves you having to bother the bartenders for soft drinks.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
SEA J Terraces now has new seats. They are rather unadvantageously arranged. Windows now have a bar/barstool setup much as in GC North. Piper-Heidsieck Champagne in J lounge gone, and has been enhanced to Prosecco. I'm having an Alaskan IPA. They've also added two kinds of hot sandwiches.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by greg5
SEA J Terraces now has new seats. They are rather unadvantageously arranged. Windows now have a bar/barstool setup much as in GC North. Piper-Heidsieck Champagne in J lounge gone, and has been enhanced to Prosecco. I'm having an Alaskan IPA. They've also added two kinds of hot sandwiches.
I did see someone get served champagne, so perhaps it's just not on the bar menu.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by squawk

Rather disappointing to hear about the further MSY delays and the total absence of even a voucher provision... I will be travelling through next month in CW (my first 2-4-1 redemption, and it will actually be my first overnight CW flight) and I was looking forward to seeing what a brand new lounge was like
Any feedback from your visit through MSY?

I'm traveling through next month in J any sign of an opening date?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
Any feedback from your visit through MSY?

I'm traveling through next month in J any sign of an opening date?
We were in the old terminal - no lounge - and it definitely feels old! There are some truly ancient-looking security/Xray machines in full view behind the check-in desks (a very entertaining member of staff quipped that the TSA staff don't wear any kind of dosimeter), which your luggage goes through.

We were proactively offered the $28 dollar vouchers when checking our bags - I was prepared to ask, if we had not. Food-wise all the restauants looked pretty unappetising, so the two of us pooled our vouchers and went to the Vino Volo which is airside near the gate the BA flight leaves from. This was on the recommendation of a previous post somewhere here on FT, which actually suggested buying a bottle to take with you when travelling.

I didn't want to risk it being taken off us at LHR security, as we were connecting to a domestic (I don't know if Vino Volo would provide the secure sealed bags/if LHR would accept them), so we simply spent the vouchers and some leftover dollars on three glasses of wine and a cheeseboard between us. I think it came to about $65 in total.

Certainly more than I would have paid elsewhere for the same - the wine was fairly good but not outstanding. But it was effectively free, and in the absence of any decent places to eat and with Club World catering once we took off, we were perfectly happy with it. If you were flying economy, I would definitely eat before going to the airport though!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:14 am

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I am in club so may follow your guidance. Any news about opening date?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I am in club so may follow your guidance. Any news about opening date?
The latest update I’ve read is 23 October but I suspect the opening date is still fluid. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31422513-post77.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.