FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounge Database | North America
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:12 am
squawk

Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
Any feedback from your visit through MSY?

I'm traveling through next month in J any sign of an opening date?
We were in the old terminal - no lounge - and it definitely feels old! There are some truly ancient-looking security/Xray machines in full view behind the check-in desks (a very entertaining member of staff quipped that the TSA staff don't wear any kind of dosimeter), which your luggage goes through.

We were proactively offered the $28 dollar vouchers when checking our bags - I was prepared to ask, if we had not. Food-wise all the restauants looked pretty unappetising, so the two of us pooled our vouchers and went to the Vino Volo which is airside near the gate the BA flight leaves from. This was on the recommendation of a previous post somewhere here on FT, which actually suggested buying a bottle to take with you when travelling.

I didn't want to risk it being taken off us at LHR security, as we were connecting to a domestic (I don't know if Vino Volo would provide the secure sealed bags/if LHR would accept them), so we simply spent the vouchers and some leftover dollars on three glasses of wine and a cheeseboard between us. I think it came to about $65 in total.

Certainly more than I would have paid elsewhere for the same - the wine was fairly good but not outstanding. But it was effectively free, and in the absence of any decent places to eat and with Club World catering once we took off, we were perfectly happy with it. If you were flying economy, I would definitely eat before going to the airport though!