Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Priority Pass members now have access to this lounge. Have any of us experienced issues of over crowding recently?
I was there last Sunday and it was heaving to the point of being pretty unpleasant. The catering has been stepped up a little but that advantage is definitely outweighed by the extra footfall. There were times when you couldn't get near the food because it was so busy, in what is a cramped and narrow area at the best of times, with staff trying to replenish food and people entering and leaving also having to use the narrow strip. Why did they open it up to PP pax?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I was there last Sunday and it was heaving to the point of being pretty unpleasant. The catering has been stepped up a little but that advantage is definitely outweighed by the extra footfall. There were times when you couldn't get near the food because it was so busy, in what is a cramped and narrow area at the best of times, with staff trying to replenish food and people entering and leaving also having to use the narrow strip. Why did they open it up to PP pax?
Surprising - I was there last Friday, and I was expecting the worst but it was quite ok during the early afternoon (15-17hrs) with quite a number of open seating at every different section. Later it filled up but just for a very short period as those on the late afternoon flights left and it was quite open again and it was only after 18hrs that it did start to fill up and only got worst with some guests preferring to stand rather than to share the communal tables. This could have been due to several of the flights being delayed (including mine) which lead to people hanging longer in the lounge.

I've not been to this lounge for some time (~6 months ago), and do agree that the F&B is slightly improved - but still rather poor for a lounge where BA has so many flights per day. Presentation did look much better. I missed the Guiness although the replacement of it, the Brand Up - was quite good I must admit.

Cheers!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
I skip the lounge completely nowadays, guaranteed <15mins from train to the plane door via Departures 2 means I step off the train 40mins before the flight to get space in the overhead locker. I think the lounge is good for views and working, but the offerings are poor.
I do the same now. Just not worth it, too frustrating. Definitely gone down hill.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:46 pm

Arrived at the lounge at 6.10 (Should open at 5.45) this morning to find it locked, but with people inside trying to exit. Hung around for 10 minutes and no one turned up. Quite bizarre.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Currently at the AMS Lounge and it was quiet and peaceful until this "special American" person (I am specifying a nation here I know, but nothing else to not indicate that from her accent) coming into the lounge and started face timing...talking at the top of her voice (can even hear her with my headphones on, and people are staring at her), talking around the lounge face timing and putting her shoes onto the chairs with no care of the world..

on the other hand, forgot to mention that the beer selection seems to be limited to only Heinekens...the previously good Brand beers seems to be gone.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Very limited food selection this evening. Lounge dragon was warning that it was "only snacks" at the entrance...
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
During my last two visits they wouldn't allow me to bring a guest in with me due to capacity constraints. So my work colleague and I found a quiet space in one of the bars and enjoyed some beers and bar snacks after a long day. I won't bother trying again, even if I'm traveling alone. It's not a pleasant place when it's busy.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club

Picture of the BA AMS lounge on Monday 16th March at around 15:45 - virtually empty! There is also no food being served, only drinks in cans and the coffee machine/water machine.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA

Picture of the BA AMS lounge on Monday 16th March at around 15:45 - virtually empty! There is also no food being served, only drinks in cans and the coffee machine/water machine.
Did they provide food before? I always thought they had only snacks available in the past.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by roy2016
Did they provide food before? I always thought they had only snacks available in the past.
I think it was more of the fact of supplynissues follow the Dutch lockdown with 90 mins notice the day before. Not sure if it’s the same going forward ofr if this is the new norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.