Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by madfish
You seem to be producing a series of these lounge reviews which are really useful. Keep up the good work! ��
Thanks madfish, yes I have recently visited and reviewed MAN, EDI and AMS in dedicated lounge reports such as this.

I have other lounge reports buried within wider trip reports in the link at the top of this thread or in my signature.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
The lounge is nicely laid out, but although it looks quite quiet in the OP's post, I have almost always found it either quite or very busy. Food selection, as noted above, is not great. It would be a good idea to have sandwiches on offer. Or even better, some Dutch pub snacks like bitterballen.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:12 pm

I seem to have found myself connecting to CX through AMS an awful lot in recent months. The views are great and when I'm there late morning ahead of the CX departure its always quiet, if only they'd do something about the awful food offerings. It means a trip outside to get food which is no easy task with the construction works going on.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I've got 2 hours at AMS tomorrow, so perfect timing! Thanks for putting together Genius1
Thanks, hope you enjoyed your visit!

Originally Posted by madfish
Thanks for sharing. You seem to be producing a series of these lounge reviews which are really useful. Keep up the good work! ��
Indeed! I've recently reviewed the MAN, EDI and AMS lounges here on the BA board, but have quite a few more reviewed in my recent DUB/LHR/EWR/PHX/HNL/LAX/IAD trip report. Coming soon will be a LHR/HEL/TLL trip report, plus DUB/LHR/JFK/LAX/YVR trip report.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Photos of the food offering today prior to the 14:55 flight.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I have a fondness for this lounge. One thing I rather enjoy is assembling mini subs using the ingredients provided. Bread roll, sliced with butter, edam, mini gherkins. Simple yet yummy 😋
BorisBrownBear and acucobol like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; TK Elite; Hilton Gold; Radisson Rewards Gold; Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by [color=#e74c3c
although it looks quite quiet in the OP's post,[/color]
I concur... Most times I get in here it's like a zoo!!!!
They've been serving the same pasta salad for the past six months maybe more!!!!
Should you be departing gates D20s factor in 7-10 minutes to get to the gate!!!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Kabeer Mahajan
I concur... Most times I get in here it's like a zoo!!!!
They've been serving the same pasta salad for the past six months maybe more!!!!

Should you be departing gates D20s factor in 7-10 minutes to get to the gate!!!
Are you sure you have been using the BA Lounge and not the Priority Pass Lounge next door (used by QR and others)? My experience of using that lounge is exactly how you describe, often with a lengthy queue of hopeful Priority Pass Cardholders yearning to get in.

I don't recall ever seeing pasta salad in the BA Lounge, and I've not witnessed the zoo either - I have witnessed both however next door. Yes, it can occasionally be busy, but it is unusual for it to be zoolike. The biggest cause of the lounge being full is the amount of luggage placed on seats. Tables for 3 or 4 taken by a single traveller with his/her luggage placed selfishly on the remaining seats.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; TK Elite; Hilton Gold; Radisson Rewards Gold; Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you sure you have been using the BA Lounge and not the Priority Pass Lounge next door (used by QR)? My experience of using that lounge is exactly how you describe.

I don't recall ever seeing pasta salad in the BA Lounge, and I've not witnessed the zoo either - I have witnessed both however next door. Yes, it can occasionally be busy, but it is unusual for it to be zoolike. The biggest cause of the lounge being full is the amount of luggage placed on seats. Tables for 3 or 4 taken by a single traveller with his/her luggage placed selfishly on the remaining seats.
Pretty sure about the Lounge I use!!! maybe I'll take a picture the next time I am there!!!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:46 am

Pretty sure about the Lounge I use!!! maybe I'll take a picture the next time I am there!!!
And that is the BA Lounge? I have never seen a salad of any description in the BA Lounge, outside of breakfast the typical offering is that shown in the photographs kindly posted by @TravellerFrequently above. In times gone by we often saw premade sandwiches, but sadly no more.

Where do they hide the pasta salad?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Where do they hide the pasta salad?
Here it is!!!! This is from another forum...

and by the looks of things they've been dishing it out since 2017!!!

Pic Courtsey: The Flight Detective
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes that photo is from a 2017 review

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...lounge-review/

must admit there are a few things in that review, including the pasta, which I haven’t seen in the lounge recently.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes that photo is from a 2017 review

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...lounge-review/

must admit there are a few things in that review, including the pasta, which I haven’t seen in the lounge recently.
I was last there the third week of May, it was there then...
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:11 am

I was last there the third week of May, it was there then...
Thanks for the photo, I'm in AMS at least once a month and I have never seen that spread before! I have seen everything in those photographs except the salads and grapes. I wonder what time you visit if those items are out each time you visit? I always take the morning or early afternoon flights, I wonder if the additional items appear for the evening departures?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I was just in there this afternoon at 330pm and thought the food was below the normal average here. The pasta salad was there (nothing to get excited about) but the sliced meat and cheese was missing. There were some pitiful looking and hard to reach tiny crustless sandwiches in the fridge instead.

No packets of crisps like I’ve often had, instead big open bowls of crisps. Wondered why I’d bothered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.