Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I was there on Monday - the lounge was quiet (35%) at 3:30pm. 2 months ago, I was there at the same time and it was 95% full (albeit a Friday).

I know that the priority pass lounge next door was busy before my days of BA Silver, not sure if this helps the lounge next door or make the BA terrible. Hopefully there will be a balance.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I was in AMS yesterday morning at around 9am (flying KL). I had a fairly short connection so didn't want to walk all the way to the (very nicely refurbished) non-Schengen KLM Crown Lounge. I was surprised to see the BA lounge listed on the PP app so went along (it is much nearer the D gates) but was refused entry due to overcrowding ("come back in an hour"). No signage to indicate that PP was accepted.

However, it was no great hardship as the Aspire lounge next door (also PP) is much larger and had a perfectly acceptable range of breakfast snacks. Interesting that BA are doing this at AMS where they operate 20 or so flights a day and has always seemed reasonably busy when I have visited in the past.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
It'll be interesting to see if BA J or status pax will be turned away from the BA lounge if it's already packed full of PP riff-raff...
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
On Jan 4th I fly BA0423 at 07:30 to LHR. Then on to IST , yadda.

Does this AMS lounge have showers?

The food sounds yummy enough for an early brekky, so that will be helpful. BUT after some overnight land travel a shower would be nice before facing 3 different sectors with DOH as my final destination
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by tmac100
Does this AMS lounge have showers?
No
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
No
Ouch!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ tmac - you may want to try renting (only two available, AFAIK) one of the shower cabins offered - airside - by Yotelair.

Info here

https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yote...chiphol/cabins
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
@ tmac - you may want to try renting (only two available, AFAIK) one of the shower cabins offered - airside - by Yotelair.

Info here

https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yote...chiphol/cabins
Thank you for this info. Yes, it may be just what I need to "freshen up" at 4 or 5 am. 😉

Now to do the BA check-in online (T-24) and get thru security and airside to a shower before brekky. But first to check if they are allowing folks thru security and airside at 4 or 5 am - I don't know if AMS does, but many airports close for the middle of the night. I do note that the Yotel facility is open 24/7, while the BA lounge opens at 6 am on Saturdays.

Again, thanks for this excellent "tip".
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
I must be the only one who is underwhelmed by the change of catering in the Ams lounge. The wraps are really not that good, no decent cheese or bread rolls. The crisps and other snacks are now on large plates for everyone to grab from, really do not like that at all. And the Bifi worstjes have disappeared. Last time I was in - las week - there was only one type of red wine available. Also, it has become much busier. A bit dissapointing.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
I must be the only one who is underwhelmed by the change of catering in the Ams lounge. The wraps are really not that good, no decent cheese or bread rolls. The crisps and other snacks are now on large plates for everyone to grab from, really do not like that at all. And the Bifi worstjes have disappeared. Last time I was in - las week - there was only one type of red wine available. Also, it has become much busier. A bit dissapointing.
I skip the lounge completely nowadays, guaranteed <15mins from train to the plane door via Departures 2 means I step off the train 40mins before the flight to get space in the overhead locker. I think the lounge is good for views and working, but the offerings are poor.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:17 am

After travelling much of the night, a shower at Yotel and ANY kind of food will be welcome - even toast, peanut butter and jam. After an "unsheltered life" in the under-developed world, I eat to live, not live to eat. While YMMV, and I do indeed recognize haute cuisine (and it's pleasant effect on my palate), such cuisine is not a criteria for my eating airport lounge food, nor indeed eating airline food.

That said, I am looking forward to a bacon buttie and some champas once I arrive at T5 and go to GN during transit.

Since the AMS OW/BA lounge is in Europe, I hope I'll be able to wash down my food with beer or?? 😉

Last edited by tmac100; Dec 15, 2019 at 11:30 am
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by tmac100
After travelling much of the night a shower at Yotel, and ANY kind of food will be welcome - even toast, peanut butter and jam. After an "unsheltered life" in the under developed world, I eat to live, not live to eat. While YMMV, and I do indeed recognize haute cuisine (and it's pleasant effect on my palate), such cusine is not a criteria for my eating airport lounge food, nor indeed eating airline food.

That said, I am looking forward to a bacon buttie and some champas once I arrive at T5 and go to GN during transit.

Since the AMS OW/BA lounge is in Europe, I hope I'll be able to wash down my food with beer or?? 😉

Yes there is beer. And actually not looking for haute cuisine at all, just some decent food. The views are really good though.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by upupintheair
yes there is beer. And actually not looking for haute cuisine at all, just some decent food. The views are really good though.
👏👍
Old Dec 15, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Does anybody know whether an Iberia Express ticket will allow access for Golds (besides PP)?

Last edited by janwillem; Dec 15, 2019 at 12:25 pm
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by janwillem
Does anybody know whether an Iberia Express ticket will allow access for Golds (besides PP)?
Which Gold - IBERIA OR BAEC? The former is OW Sapphire, the latter is OW Emerald.
In looking at the BA lounge access you can get in with either status - assuming IB Express is a OW airline.

What status does your ticket show? It should show your status. How about looking at your card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.