Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Noooooo! Don't tell me the Chocomel has been enhanced away!
I was there on Sunday and Chocomel was there in full force, along with lots of food options. The mushroom soup was (while hotter than the sun) pretty tasty.
Small stroopwaffels were on top of the sandwich fridge. The sandwiches inside were very dry, but otherwise a good selection I thought.
jfallesen likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Except it's always full & they won't let you in! Well it's what I find anyhow.
Interesting - never had that problem but haven't been there for over a year....
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Chocomel is on the bottom shelf in the far right fridge.
Globalist and jfallesen like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Interesting - never had that problem but haven't been there for over a year....
I tend to be there about 9am ish give or take. I get in about half the time & it's always packed.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
I tend to be there about 9am ish give or take. I get in about half the time & it's always packed.
I see - when I was there it was either Thursday 7pm or Friday 3pm...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by bisonrav
BiFi and stroopwaffel is a highlight of any visit to AMS, I hope these are retained.
If BiFi is the name of what I would describe as Pepperami's tastier and meatier older brother, then you have nothing to fear. Ditto the stroopwaffel.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I was there on Sunday and Chocomel was there in full force,
Phew! I must have missed it, or perhaps it had temporarily run out.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Just been there, and Chocomel is definitely nowhere to be found. However, the addition of tiny pastries into the food menu was very appreciated! We were going to go check if our favourite chocolate drink would be available in Aspire, but unfortunately they were closed for Priority Pass at that time.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Not seen the bifi's in a while. I was there last week and the breakfast included stir fry rice and Asian dumplings. Cold meats selection was also better than previous occasion. Have they upped their game?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 9:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Not seen the bifi's in a while. I was there last week and the breakfast included stir fry rice and Asian dumplings. Cold meats selection was also better than previous occasion. Have they upped their game?
... and a curry!

There are also a selection of wraps available too, I've seen them out at breakfast, lunch and throughout the afternoon. A welcome improvement. They must have known @henkybabywas coming back!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
New food/ operation/ Singapore airlines

Not seen this mentioned elsewhere, apols if it has been.

Since the summer, the operation of the BA lounge at Schiphol is under new management.

It's significantly better catered, with a much wider variety of food. Hot choices, different olives, nuts, and dumplings, fried rice, pastries, biscuits, etc. Some mixers (tonic, ginger ale) moved from Schweppes to local Dutch equivalent (Royal tonic, Finley ginger ale) and dropped the diet/ low sugar versions

Immediately after this change (1st September, I think) BA or the operator started accepting Singapore Airlines pax. So it's now much fuller at times when one world and SQ crossover.

TL; DR much better food (alcohol the same, mixers tweaked), much fuller lounge. YMMV.

Last edited by happyintheair; Oct 8, 2019 at 3:45 am
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Priority Pass members now have access to this lounge. Have any of us experienced issues of over crowding recently?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Thank you for the update @happyintheair - I'll be passing through on Sunday.

Interesting to see that PP also have access as that means I can guest my partner in. He's travelling with a non-OW carrier and his flight is an hour before mine. I was initially thinking of us going to a PP lounge first and then I'd pop along to the BA one for a change of scenery.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:12 pm

I was in the AMS lounge today and asked the staff about it. Today was actually the first day for the lounge to be open for Priority Pass members. Don't think there would be much PP members accessing the lounge on the first day and it was pretty packed. As in most of seats had been taken. I was there around lunch time and they did have a good selection of food options. I think more then there used to be.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:15 pm

AMS lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.