Wiki Posts
Search

T5 First Wing - picture review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by navylad
Out of interest, why do you think they look cheap? And not an NHS hospital for sure, perhaps Spire

big and bulky and don't match with the wall panelling. gap in the edges as well so poor finishing.
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Millionaires door will be closed once First Wing is fully open.
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Some excellent photographs there chris1939 - thanks for sharing, you don't know how much time you've just saved me!

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
So where do you go now if you want to check a bag?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FrenchMerican
So where do you go now if you want to check a bag?
The F check in desks are still there
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Nice photo. I was at T5 yesterday evening but must have missed you.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The BA desks are temporary - looks like the permanent ones (similar to the new lounge desk design you see at EDI, AMS, SIN etc.) have not arrived.

The white doors in the GF lounge are also temporary and will be removed once the space is fully operational on 4 April.

Nice set of photos. What they don't show is the new F check-in area, although there are still bits to be finished off there.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Genius1
The BA desks are temporary - looks like the permanent ones (similar to the new lounge desk design you see at EDI, AMS, SIN etc.) have not arrived.

The white doors in the GF lounge are also temporary and will be removed once the space is fully operational on 4 April.

Nice set of photos. What they don't show is the new F check-in area, although there are still bits to be finished off there.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Some excellent photographs there chris1939 - thanks for sharing, you don't know how much time you've just saved me!
Anything for you my friend!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1

Indeed. It was definitely trial mode today - not least given there were 10 BA staff per pax today!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Nice pictures. Thanks! Almost makes me want to check in at LHR now.

(I guess nothing has changed for pax in transit, other than that there will be no more shortcut after security?)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:03 pm

Its a shame those UK connecting into LHR dont really get to enjoy these sort of things (yes I know you could do a long winded exit and reentry) as it looks nice and adds another layer of exclusiveness (that you pay for but dont receive when connecting)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chris1979
Millionaires door will be closed once First Wing is fully open.
In other words, the improvement for o/d pax will come at the cost of a further worsened experience for the already worse off transfer passengers...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Looks fantastic thanks for the pictures! Just tying to picture where the fast track comes out in Galleries First?

Also, I take if I was leaving to get a flight I would just take the old entrance and use the escalators? There hasn't been another exit built on?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by chris1979
I just used the First Wing and it's very nice.

They ran a short trial yesterday and another short one today. It officially opens next week.

Uploading pics from phone.
Thanks for the excellent pics. Is there a new, direct route to the CCR or does one have to go into the F lounge, out of the F lounge, past the showers and then into the CCR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.