Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaga Airport BA online check-in fiasco

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Malaga Airport BA online check-in fiasco

Have just checked in online for tomorrow's (2 9/03/2017)BA flight from Malaga to London City Airport
We're in Club and the website has our seats showing and that we have checked in, but a red notice comes up saying they cannot let me print off our boarding passes or even retrieve them on my iPhone app as it says "Your travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight"
"unfortunately our contact centre staff cannot help you resolve issues regarding passports, etc.)".
All our details are kept online under our Executive card holder's area of the website and are up to date. We take this flight every month and have never had this problem before. We have UK passports, they are p to date.
We have spoken to India and they say it's fine just print off your Itinerary and take it to Check-in. We haven'r any suitcases to check in and usually if you got to the Club Checkin it's always as long as the regular queue and is a real pain.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Is there anyone else we can contact so we don't have to line up to get a boarding pass we could have printed off online?
Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Baflyer1, welcome to the BA forum, it's good to see you here, and a BA regular flyer it would be great to see more of you here, I'm sure you can gain and add a lot to the knowledge base here.

And in that respect, I know that his is just an IT glitch. Every 2 or 3 days, over the last month or so, someone has has reported exactly the same problem. When they get to the airport the check in desks can simply print off the boarding passes without issue. I haven't found out the precise cause yet (is your passport within 6 months of expiry?) but it very occasionally happens. It's a nuisance, particularly at AGP for the reasons you give but I suspect it will be fairly quiet tomorrow.

Here are two examples, there have been 8 cases reported in the last month on this forum that I'm aware of:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...sage-olci.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ding-pass.html
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk Baflyer1, welcome to the BA forum, it's good to see you here, and a BA regular flyer it would be great to see more of you here, I'm sure you can gain and add a lot to the knowledge base here.

And in that respect, I know that his is just an IT glitch. Every 2 or 3 days, over the last month or so, someone has has reported exactly the same problem. When they get to the airport the check in desks can simply print off the boarding passes without issue. I haven't found out the precise cause yet (is your passport within 6 months of expiry?) but it very occasionally happens. It's a nuisance, particularly at AGP for the reasons you give but I suspect it will be fairly quiet tomorrow.

Here are two examples, there have been 8 cases reported in the last month on this forum that I'm aware of:

Thanks for that. It was my first post and wasn't quite clued up on the procedures. It seems like it's a BA IT problem...but they never seem to apologise let alone fix these problems.

Their Twitter agent suggested I go to a BA check in machine to get my boarding card...I should be so lucky! BA don't even have any staff let alone a check in machine in AGP. They really are going to the dogs.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Thanks for your welcome. It would seem to be a 'BA thing' and well have to queue up with all the golfers/professional shoppers/Zimmer-frames at the Club Check in tomorrow.

Our passports are fine. We take this flight every month. Just BA incompetence and nobody wanting to 'own the problem'.

Even BA Twitter were useless and suggested we use non-existent BA check-in machines!

The trouble is nobody cares anymore. Nobody tries to find out why their system has a problem. Nobody even apologises.

They couldn't even email the boarding passes to me when I spoke to a telephone agent.

Totally inept.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Don't worry - I started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago and all was fine at check in (apart from I was HBO and stuck behind a huge group checking in Ski equipment)

check in agent just said something along the lines of 'we do this from time to time to keep me in a job'

Its just extremely annoying when you don't have luggage to check in.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Looks like you're not the only one
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Love the over dramatic use of the word fiasco. That, and 'shambles' are two that are often used by disgruntled customers in aviation.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had the exact same issue on this AGP route last week - not a problem at all at the airport - just given paper BPs.

I see what you mean about the Club/Priority check-in at AGP - I just joined the shorter regular line...really seems to be a route/airport where there is a case for either a separate OWE/Gold deal or for limiting the priority desk to Club & Gold? We were 31 (!) passengers in Club the other day...on an Embraer...add to that the number of status holders I suspect fly this route with some regularity, you would really think this was a case (along with some other stations) for having a separate line. I didn't really think waiting 20 minutes to drop bags was a great start to the trip....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.