Search

I've had enough now . . .

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
'Loyal ambassador'

what does that even mean?

BA gave you a 'job' or did you just appoint yourself?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Absolutely serious - I used to travel in beige chinos but after far too many splashes & spills, I invested in a pair of dark blue ones, largely for this purpose. Whilst I will confess to having owned both white jackets *and* trousers in my time, I will also add that this was 1) in the 1980's and 2) before I really knew about the pleasures of red wine.
Totally agree with Swiss Tony. Much as I loved my white jeans back in the 20th century, when I travel (especially long haul) I'm usually dressed in black. Means I still look presentable when I get off my flight.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
'Loyal ambassador'

what does that even mean?

BA gave you a 'job' or did you just appoint yourself?
Oh now come off it - it's quite clear the poster used to speak very highly of BA and it sounds as though they promoted BA to friends and colleagues.

I really dislike the habit on this forum of picking apart the legitimate criticisms of someone who has had bad experiences.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:13 am

I am surprised at some of the anti-OP comments here, of all the threads about how fed up people are with BA this seems to me to be the most sensible non-ranting one I have seen, yet the OP still gets a load of grief.

I can fully understand his feelings and I am sure he(or she) doesn't need any advice on whether or not white trousers are appropriate.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Isn't it normal policy though, if a cabin crew member stains your clothes, the airline pays for dry cleaning?
I don't understand why the OP is so upset about being offered 7.50 GBP for this.

This is my main qualm, not if he is wearing white or if he is a loyal ambassador.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by tmac100
...I travel with beige trousers and red wine has the same effect on them...Besides, who spilled the wine - a FA, the passenger, or another passenger
It isn't clear if it was red or white wine, or who spilt it.

Originally Posted by muscat
Didn't you decide to stop flying BA back in 2011?
"Like I said, from check-in onwards, it's a great airline. The very best. But I'm going to use up my 250,000 air miles and take my chances with another alliance. I've been let down too many times"
Interesting! I guess this goes to show there is a difference between saying you'll never fly BA again and meaning it.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Can you perhaps clarify who spilt the wine over you?

I was asleep when they cleared the dinner tray, and the "thoughtful" flight attendant topped up my wine glass and left it on the slippery tray table with no coaster. The table has no lip, and I was awakened by about 250mm of red wine falling into my lap.
Since you all ask, I was wearing white trousers because I was travelling light and on my way to Barbados. Didn't take any black trousers with me! But it's not just a question of the trousers. I paid a disproportionate premium over and above the Economy fare to fly comfortably in Club. I travelled wet through and uncomfortable.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it makes you feel better you're doing the right thing.
Out of interest which airline will now get your business from the IOM?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bibbju
Totally agree with Swiss Tony. Much as I loved my white jeans back in the 20th century, when I travel (especially long haul) I'm usually dressed in black. Means I still look presentable when I get off my flight.
Thank you. Look, I'm no BA apologist by any stretch, but wearing white trousers on public transport is like taking a £2k case (which you probably bought in TK-Maxx for £20) on a plane, then kicking off when BA won't pony up the alleged face value for replacement because it has a scuff on one side when you get to bag reclaim.

Increasingly I feel we've made this monster and now we have to live with it - or up sticks to other carriers. I've just booked an Easter weekend break on Monarch for the family, which a decade ago I wouldn't have considered. For the 5 of us, a £125 supplement on the outbound (total, not pp) has got me fast track check in, 6" more legroom at the front of the plane, fast track security and lounge access.

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Mar 27, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by onchanman
Can you perhaps clarify who spilt the wine over you?

I was asleep when they cleared the dinner tray, and the "thoughtful" flight attendant topped up my wine glass and left it on the slippery tray table with no coaster. The table has no lip, and I was awakened by about 250mm of red wine falling into my lap.
Since you all ask, I was wearing white trousers because I was travelling light and on my way to Barbados. Didn't take any black trousers with me! But it's not just a question of the trousers. I paid a disproportionate premium over and above the Economy fare to fly comfortably in Club. I travelled wet through and uncomfortable.
Mostly in F I see my half full wine glass left through the night and breakfast coffee and juice cleared up but leaving the wine glass still there. I used to actively hand it in at the 40 minutes mark but now leave it and about 20/25% of the time it is still there at landing whereupon I hold it and hand it in when leaving the plane.

Lessons in J are do not sleep until everything is tidied away and don't wear whites unless walking out to the crease.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by wytco0
I am surprised at some of the anti-OP comments here, of all the threads about how fed up people are with BA this seems to me to be the most sensible non-ranting one I have seen, yet the OP still gets a load of grief.

I can fully understand his feelings and I am sure he(or she) doesn't need any advice on whether or not white trousers are appropriate.
Indeed. Another thread descending into OP bashing through trawling his/her posting history, then others piling on to stick the boot in.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Indeed. Another thread descending into OP bashing through trawling his/her posting history, then others piling on to stick the boot in.
It seems as though BA is a religion for some people, and they don't tolerate blasphemy!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by onchanman
I've been a loyal ambassador for the BA brand for many years, and it saddens me the way that customer service has deteriorated. I suppose a 10 week delay in getting a refund for a cancelled flight is to be expected now and then, or refusing to allow a flight change when a BA rescheduling made the trip non-viable. And I suppose having to pay for a seat choice on check-in is a way of increasing revenue and I have to accept it reluctantly. And I suppose to have a glass of wine tipped over me when I'm lying in my expensive Club World bed, soaking me to the skin (and I mean that) and ruining my flight and my white trousers is to be expected from time to time. But to offer me £7.50 compensation is quite frankly an insult. And the banal cut-and-paste response from Customer Relations only makes it worse.
As with many multi-threaded rants, let's perhaps break it down into its constituent parts:
  • 10 week delay in getting a refund - I agree that this is unacceptable. I've never experienced that personally but I accept that others have.
  • Refusing a flight change after a schedule change - would you provide more info please?
  • Pay for seat choice on check-in - why are you paying if you're a gold card holder (assuming not an HBO flight)?
  • Drenched by wine - the cleaning costs sound reasonable to me. You said your flight was ruined but as BA don't carry spare trousers I'm not sure what else could have been done to ameliorate that.
  • Cut and paste response - annoying but not a big deal in itself.
As for spillage I wouldn't be going to sleep with a drink near me in any cabin. Just too risky and not very sensible at all.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I rather liked the first post to this thread. Balanced and sensible. "I've had enough" sums it up nicely.
Lots of small, brutish, customer hating cuts by BA have impacted the poster and they are fed up. Being Cruzified in small bits......Death by a 1000 cuts.

As to spare trousers, BA's pyjamas would have come in handy.

Golfmad - The cut and paste responses ARE a big deal. They are indicative of a Co that just does not care one jot for its customers. Especially as the CS folk have been known to lie in writing. There is NO excuse in a customer facing business for the business to behave so badly.
Lots of other Co.s get it right first time. There is no excuse for BA.

(My next flight with them is in 8 days, so I have not totally given up, yet.)
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
On a recent flight to Dallas where I was soaked by vino (my fault, I spilled it myself) the lovely crew member brought me a pair of First pjs to change into. I didn't ask for them, it was a spontaneous gesture. Next time I self soak, as there will be a next time, I will be requesting more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.