Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've had enough now . . .

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Whenever I fly CW I always book window seats and change into t-shirt, PJ bottoms and slippers, and I don't even need to leave my seat. I always wait until reaching cruising altitude though, just to be sure that no engines caught on fire while taxing... Then I sit back and enjoy dozing off in and out of consciousness while the crew takes 4 hours to finish serving the meal...

Last edited by nk15; Mar 27, 2017 at 9:22 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On the other hand it's also his choice where he spends his money and given his mindset I completely agree that if he feels BA is no longer his airline then yes, just move on to another airline. The two things I feel about that, though, is that anything the passenger does shouldn't cause him silly suffering just to prove a point (nose/spite argument), while at the same time it's actually a good idea to consider a trial separation - one can always come back, it's a transaction not a marriage.
As ever, good, calm advice.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I would NEVER wear a white shirt when travelling let alone white trousers
I am in this category, largely because of my own clumsiness rather than a fear of anyone else.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I will be wearing cream coloured (i.e. off white) linen trousers next week when I fly off to southern Florida. Not sure about the top colour yet. But I'll stick to drinking martinis.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
As ever, good, calm advice.
+1 ^
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I see many people wearing white shirts onboard.

Is this as ill-advised as white trousers .......
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

White shirts, such as those worn by cabin crew, always look smart until the mid flight red wine 'turbulence' hits....
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
There is a problem with any light colours in any class on the way to and from Sin.

It is the Bay of Bengal.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
There is a problem with any light colours in any class on the way to and from Sin.

It is the Bay of Bengal.
I did a SIN-SYD-SIN last week and in both directions it was very bumpy. On the SYD-SIN I think most people in First wore at least some of their refreshments, fortunately there were no hot drinks being served at the time (the captain instructed no service in J/W/Y until about an hour after takeoff). My recently filled, tightly held glass completely emptied itself all over me because of the bumps - and for some reason the crew decided to get strapped in to their seats rather than refill my glass ... I'm never flying BA again

Spills and drips are an inevitable part of flying, for that reason I always dress down on flights. I wear dark shirts and trousers that wouldn't show too many stains if I did spill or drop something. As most of my trips are very short, I always try to fly HBO and that means there is always a spare set of clothes to hand.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:32 am

None of you are reading his grievance. He knows spills happen.

His argument is about the manner of the compensation.

Don't judge the clothing choice. Judge whether or not he was entitled to any claim and if BA behaved correctly.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by subject2load

Not as much of a problem as it doesn't tend to cop the spill downwards (like toppled drinks from the tray table) unless you're trying to drink something when the turbulence hits.

It's also faster-drying than trousers/skirts when it does get dirtied and easier to hide with a jacket
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@LTNphobia - yes, that's true.

Although on the wider issue, I do think Flyingturkey makes an excellent point (post #85 ) just above.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:50 am

With all the advice that the OP has been given on dressing to avoid problems in J and as Aircraft are really ships of the sky, I thought that clothing worn by commercial trawlermen and women would be appropriate.

Next time I am in BA J or FD I hope to see some of you well-dressed passengers wearing this stuff.

http://www.guycotten.co.uk/shop/inde...index&cPath=32

Last edited by wytco0; Mar 28, 2017 at 4:58 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Surely this is a better choice, much better protection

Originally Posted by wytco0
With all the advice that the OP has been given on dressing to avoid problems in J and as Aircraft are really ships of the sky, I thought that clothing worn by commercial trawlermen and women would be appropriate.

Next time I am in BA J or FD I hope to see some of you well-dressed passengers wearing this stuff.

http://www.guycotten.co.uk/shop/inde...index&cPath=32
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
None of you are reading his grievance. He knows spills happen.
Well, color me shocked, a flyertalk thread goes off topic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.