Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:35 pm
pol
Original Poster

Can't get boarding pass.

Trying to check in for flight JNB to LHR tomorrow. Booked on 241. Let me check in but wont let me save boarding pass says I havent entered valid passport info for flight. I have, should I be worried about being downgraded? Will my chosen seats be saved?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:40 pm

Have you tried checking your Advanced Pax Info/Passport Info? Might be nothing to worry about.

The BA app should still show your assigned seats.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well known recent glitch I'm afraid. When you get to the airport they'll probably just print your boarding pass faster than you can explain the problem.

Previous example here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...sage-olci.html
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
J9 on both flights tomorrow evening on EF, from other threads i think people have been having the same message this week.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Glitch?

As its J9 and it let you check in you should be ok and hopefully not subject to a downgrade..

had similar error myself a couple of weeks ago on a rtn leg of a CW flight, on the outbound I was downgraded, for that leg that I couldn't check in at all.

Last edited by ScubaRoo; Mar 19, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
pol, do you have status with BAEC? And did you pay for the seats or select them at OLCI?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I recall having this issue quite frequently even on revenue tickets passing through South African airports so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:06 pm
pol
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
pol, do you have status with BAEC? And did you pay for the seats or select them at OLCI?
No status, and selected at check in.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by pol
Trying to check in for flight JNB to LHR tomorrow. Booked on 241. Let me check in but wont let me save boarding pass says I havent entered valid passport info for flight. I have, should I be worried about being downgraded? Will my chosen seats be saved?
Same problem with our flights AGP/LCY tomorrow. No self-printed boarding card, no app boarding card. Says my papers are wrong...they aren't and my passport has years to go.

BA Twitter said 'No problem. Use the check in machine tomorrow'...of course there isn't a check in machine in AGP.

Phone agent says "No problem. They'll print one when you go to the Club check in"... which is always full of Euro Traveller people with suitcases coming out of their ears and want to change their onward seats/flights/meals...just such a waste of time.

Nobody ever apologises or explains why they have IT problems.

A telephone agent said AGP often decide to have all passports checked when checking in. They don't. I've been flying this route once a month for years without such a situation.

I bet it's something lame like they're still getting over the clocks going forward last weekend. Totally inept.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Known glitch, have had this 3 times over the past few weeks on random flights. Nobody can explain why, BP always printed without issue once you get to the airport. Just very annoying if you are travelling hbo...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.