Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I have never asked for the turndown service on BA in F as the cabin has been too hot. From DFW last year I was in shorts and still too warm.

Suspiciously the temperature is never an issue on day flights. Or on QR.....
Actually on QR it has been for me, but if on a window seat you get an overhead airjet or two to direct the cool air onto you, making it cooler.

I've been sweltered on a BA 787, which lacks any of these. I'm on UD to PHX back from DEN next month, and not only do I not expect to sleep, but I barely will be able to function, if its anything like the last B787 I was on...

I suspect there will eventually be an issue with near nudity on some flights which set their temperatures so high. Frankly 22 is too high for me.

Put on a coat or something, the alternative is for me to take off either of teeshirt or shorts, and not use a blanket...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:55 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Many would like that, any budgie hiding in them?

Trust me, nobody would like seeing me in tightie whitie underpants.

Yes a big budgie - Blondie can attest to that
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
Thread resurrection here.....

The last couple of flights I have had on BA (F and J) the cabin temps have been extremely high. I have requested that the temperature gets turned down on the overnights and it seems to drop then creep back up.

It's seems to be happening far more than before recently, is anyone else seeing this?

I know its often cold in the galley so understand the crew turning it up but the last few flights people have been waking up sweating!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chessers1
Thread resurrection here.....

The last couple of flights I have had on BA (F and J) the cabin temps have been extremely high. I have requested that the temperature gets turned down on the overnights and it seems to drop then creep back up.

It's seems to be happening far more than before recently, is anyone else seeing this?

I know its often cold in the galley so understand the crew turning it up but the last few flights people have been waking up sweating!

I agree. My last couple LAX departures have been ice cold the first 3-5 hours that then turn into a "Santa-ana-heatwave"
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chessers1
Which aircrafts were these flights? Some aircraft types have an inherent ability to get warmer and warmer, unless someone is on the dial. The new CW bedding is supposed to go with instructions to keep the temperature at 20c, which will be chilly for some but wouldn't lead to complaints about temperature. I tned to chose my seats carefully for night flights, personally I've not had a bad flight in this area recently, they did seem to crack down on it about 2 years ago.
chessers1 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:30 am

The CSM on my F sector last week introduced herself, and mentioned should it get too warm during the flight to let her know and she will rectify immediately. Proactivity which was appreciated ^
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze
LHR-JFK day flight - temperature was fine (747 UD)
JFK-LHR day flight temperature was sauna like (747 UD)
I really am a heat lover but did find it a tad hot.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I flew back from FRA last week, and the cabin was arctic!

I asked the CSM to turn the heating up a tad, and she duly turned the dial.

Simple, easy, and I stopped shivering!

M
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I tned to chose my seats carefully for night flights, personally I've not had a bad flight in this area recently, they did seem to crack down on it about 2 years ago.
Please share!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andset1191
Please share!
Oh, in short, by the doors on the 747, including the emergency exits on UD 747s. They are so leaky I'm surprised they don't fall out. UD is naturally warmer than lower deck however. A380, as close to WTP as you dare. 787s row 7. 777s is a bit of a pig frankly, but essentially near door 2 can help. If all else fails, Chanel No.5, because it’s the truth.
Stez likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Since my earlier post I have flown F on the A380 and the 777 and the UD of the 747 twice. I was between medium and medium rare on all of these on the night flights and fine on the day flights.

Last edited by srbrenna; Sep 22, 2017 at 1:36 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
This is one of my biggest issues with BA. I have never had an issue with hot cabin temperatures on any other airlines at night, just BA. I have actually seen the gauge that the cabin crew have access to, as rather than simply ask for it to be turned down, I follow them into the galley and watch to see what it was set to in the first place. I can categorically say that in most cases it is set between 23 and 25 degrees during the night. I’ve asked countless times would they expect to sleep in these temperatures at home and more importantly would they expect someone who has paid £thousands for a good nights sleep on an aircraft in a flat bed seat to sleep in these sorts of temperatures? Each time, I’ve taken a picture of the gauge and sent it to BA with the flight details. Each time I am told they are aware that there is an issue with crew setting high temperatures at night, but it never ever changes. Yes I know some aircraft are worse than others and I know the 747 takes an eternity to cool and I’m aware that the A380 is difficult to make significant changes quickly. These are all things I’ve been told by the crew on the day, but do you know what? These are temporary issues. The gist of it is that the temperatures are being set too high when people go to sleep because the cabin crew are cold at night. I say, if you’re cold, get up off your seat, put a jumper on and move around to keep warm, instead of sitting on your seat by a leaky door and then moan that you’re too cold. I’m sorry, somebody has to say it. I’m fed up with hot cabin temperatures in BA. We have all paid thousands to have a good nights sleep and for me it never happens. As someone alluded to above, I don’t even bother asking for a turndown service anymore in first. It’s a total waste of time.
chessers1 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by highexpectations
This is one of my biggest issues with BA. I have never had an issue with hot cabin temperatures on any other airlines at night, just BA. I have actually seen the gauge that the cabin crew have access to, as rather than simply ask for it to be turned down, I follow them into the galley and watch to see what it was set to in the first place. I can categorically say that in most cases it is set between 23 and 25 degrees during the night. I’ve asked countless times would they expect to sleep in these temperatures at home and more importantly would they expect someone who has paid £thousands for a good nights sleep on an aircraft in a flat bed seat to sleep in these sorts of temperatures? Each time, I’ve taken a picture of the gauge and sent it to BA with the flight details. Each time I am told they are aware that there is an issue with crew setting high temperatures at night, but it never ever changes. Yes I know some aircraft are worse than others and I know the 747 takes an eternity to cool and I’m aware that the A380 is difficult to make significant changes quickly. These are all things I’ve been told by the crew on the day, but do you know what? These are temporary issues. The gist of it is that the temperatures are being set too high when people go to sleep because the cabin crew are cold at night. I say, if you’re cold, get up off your seat, put a jumper on and move around to keep warm, instead of sitting on your seat by a leaky door and then moan that you’re too cold. I’m sorry, somebody has to say it. I’m fed up with hot cabin temperatures in BA. We have all paid thousands to have a good nights sleep and for me it never happens.

Well put. One of my main gripes about BA also. We can disagree about F&B being better or worse on BA than on some other airline until we are blue in the face, but the sad truth is that BA can't even get the basics right: ambient cabin temperature, clean aircraft, orderly boarding, smooth transfers, IT-enabled dealing with irrops.

NYLON Boy
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by highexpectations
This is one of my biggest issues with BA. I have never had an issue with hot cabin temperatures on any other airlines at night, just BA. I have actually seen the gauge that the cabin crew have access to, as rather than simply ask for it to be turned down, I follow them into the galley and watch to see what it was set to in the first place. I can categorically say that in most cases it is set between 23 and 25 degrees during the night. I’ve asked countless times would they expect to sleep in these temperatures at home and more importantly would they expect someone who has paid £thousands for a good nights sleep on an aircraft in a flat bed seat to sleep in these sorts of temperatures? Each time, I’ve taken a picture of the gauge and sent it to BA with the flight details. Each time I am told they are aware that there is an issue with crew setting high temperatures at night, but it never ever changes. Yes I know some aircraft are worse than others and I know the 747 takes an eternity to cool and I’m aware that the A380 is difficult to make significant changes quickly. These are all things I’ve been told by the crew on the day, but do you know what? These are temporary issues. The gist of it is that the temperatures are being set too high when people go to sleep because the cabin crew are cold at night. I say, if you’re cold, get up off your seat, put a jumper on and move around to keep warm, instead of sitting on your seat by a leaky door and then moan that you’re too cold. I’m sorry, somebody has to say it. I’m fed up with hot cabin temperatures in BA. We have all paid thousands to have a good nights sleep and for me it never happens. As someone alluded to above, I don’t even bother asking for a turndown service anymore in first. It’s a total waste of time.
I couldn't agree more. I'm forced to complain on every single BA flight I take these days, day or night. The overnight flights are torture. I've even taken to flying AA where possible to avoid this issue. Sad!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:10 am

Agreed - I also go to the galley to ask for the temp to be turned down and have seen the 23-25C setting more often than not. On a long overnight flight the one thing I need most is to get some sleep. Trying to sleep in these temps is torture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.