Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA ABZ Lounge Closing 30 July 2017 [to be refurbished]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA ABZ Lounge Closing 30 July 2017 [to be refurbished]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 6:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by duncgor
Problem will go away when the new BA lounge opens or I hit Gold whichever comes first, but the point remains that silver FF’s with BA flying economy have been getting a raw deal for months now despite their loyalty.
I have sympathy with your plight and that of other silvers but at least it's almost over. I was at ABZ yesterday and the word was that the new lounge would be opening on the 10th May. I'm not convinced of this yet. I'll be there again tomorrow and will try to get a second opinion and a bit more clarity.
duncgor likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
As of this morning the local intel is that the opening date for the new BA lounge is set for 15th May 2018. Peeking behind the covers that seems reasonable as the furniture is all in place.
duncgor likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Will be interesting to see how the other lounge gets on with the loss of BA Club and Gold passengers, it really is a fabulous lounge but suspect it could struggle a bit with the loss of so many passengers
Old May 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by golfmad
As of this morning the local intel is that the opening date for the new BA lounge is set for 15th May 2018. Peeking behind the covers that seems reasonable as the furniture is all in place.
Good to hear that the lounge is still on-track for opening mid-May! I'm passing by on the 18th May, and would love to see the new digs!
Old May 9, 2018, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I was passed it this morning (on way to NL Lounge) and indeed it is all set up - were even glasses laid out on the surfaces. Looked like some work still to be done on the entrance door.

Hopefully May 15 is correct as I am on BA that morning also!

Last edited by redpalmetto; May 9, 2018 at 8:41 am Reason: spelling correction
Old May 9, 2018, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Premier (Level 1), Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond (via BA)
Please see attached photos of the new lounge I visited this morning
Old May 9, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by golfmad
i fly to LOS ex ABZ on the 14th, 2nd last trip as a silver.... looks like one more £5 voucher and a £1.80 cash spend for my cup of tea and bacon roll lol
Old May 9, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Bellslea
Please see attached photos of the new lounge I visited this morning
Try again!
rockflyertalk and duncgor like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I’ve just been told at check-on that the lounge opens tomorrow. Peering through the window, it’s all set up ready, including a big stack of bananas on the counter.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:58 am

I’ll let you all know in the morning. I will be there....
Old May 13, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IJG2
I’ve just been told at check-on that the lounge opens tomorrow. Peering through the window, it’s all set up ready, including a big stack of bananas on the counter.
Were there plenty of kettle crisps?
duncgor likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Were there plenty of kettle crisps?
I’m sure there won’t be this time tomorrow 😜
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Anyone going tomorrow don't forget to take lots of pictures for us please!
Old May 13, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
I was under the impression tomorrow is being classed as a trail day.....whatever that entails. My understanding is that the official opening to all is still scheduled as the 15th.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
I was under the impression tomorrow is being classed as a trail day.....whatever that entails. My understanding is that the official opening to all is still scheduled as the 15th.
One guinea pig here ready to try his Silver Y Ticket 😂, let’s see what happens.....
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.