Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Product comparison [BA vs VS, Premium economy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Product comparison [BA vs VS, Premium economy]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by knit-in
For better or worse, it came up in Search and was very helpful to me.
And there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a particular airline or cabin. This would be great content for VS.

Why it has to be seen through a BA lens i just dont know.

If I were you Id take it with a pinch of salt.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by ukgooner
And there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a particular airline or cabin. This would be great content for VS.

Why it has to be seen through a BA lens i just dont know.

If I were you Id take it with a pinch of salt.
It is a comparison between two competing products, one of which happens to be the airline discussed in this particular forum. I don't see the issue.

I imagine most members who post here are BA flyers, yet barring a post or two, which come off as tantrums more than a constructive input ("I hate the passenger demographics?!), there is a pretty clear consensus that the competing product is better.

I have flown all four BA cabins and barring F, because I don't have anything to compare it to, the BA cabins I have flown are at best comparable, but more often, inferior to the other airlines I have flown. CW in particular. Hence, the input from this thread doesn't seem quite that incredible.

If you, however, have something to add about the BA v/s VS PE discussion, please feel free. I'd like to keep my expectations realistic.

Last edited by knit-in; May 22, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by knit-in
It is a comparison between two competing products, one of which happens to be the airline discussed in this particular forum. I don't see the issue.

I imagine most members who post here are BA flyers, yet barring a post or two, which come off as tantrums more than a constructive input ("I hate the passenger demographics?!), there is a pretty clear consensus that the competing product is better.

I have flown all four BA cabins and barring F, because I don't have anything to compare it to, the BA cabins I have flown are at best comparable, but more often, inferior to the other airlines I have flown. CW in particular. Hence, the input from this thread doesn't seem quite that incredible.

If you, however, have something to add, please feel free. I'd like to keep my expectations realistic.
So on one hand you searched the forum to find this insightful thread.

But in fact you have your own preconceptions.

Others upthread have mirrored my thoughts. We all have our preferences. Its a zero sum game when so many threads are negative when they need not be. Simply spend the time starting a positive feedback in the VS forum. The BA section is not the only one here.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
So on one hand you searched the forum to find this insightful thread.

But in fact you have your own preconceptions.

Others upthread have mirrored my thoughts. We all have our preferences. Its a zero sum game when so many threads are negative when they need not be. Simply spend the time starting a positive feedback in the VS forum. The BA section is not the only one here.
Unless there is something specific in the FT TOS, discussing whether this forum is appropriate or not for this discussion is moot.

Yes, I did have my experience of having extensively flown BA before I posted here. I shouldn't have?
Old May 23, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
....Its a zero sum game when so many threads are negative when they need not be. ....
I've tried quite hard to understand this.

Seems to me that we BA stalwarts recognise that the product our carrier offers is very far from the best in many, if not all, the markets it's active in.

What captures our custom is the network and our familiarity with the brand: and perhaps the lure of TPs and shiny avios.

There's a long history of our doggedly supporting third rate restauration and hotels without charm: happily those days are comfortably behind us, but the world's favourite carrier has some catching up to do.

If some pesky Virgin fan-boy come along, it might be best not to respond . Doing so begins to look ever so slightly desperate. And prompts those odd phrases which tax my grey cells.

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 23, 2017 at 12:30 am Reason: I wish my keyboard would not autocorrect "avios" to "avoids"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.