Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaïque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albariño Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:11 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BJ787
Seen elsewhere on social media that the Lansom Rose has apparently been enhanced from GF, having been absent for a few days staff are being asked and are none the wiser, guest services have said its due to a change in 'policy'.
That was the best drink in GF
Old Feb 4, 2023, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Wine list rotated in the ccr. The Fieuzal has been replaced by the Cantemerle (both are very good) and the white Bourgogne is a St Romain
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 3:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
In the GF in LGW there is a pretty good selection. Lanson Rose, Whispering Angel, Palmer etc

Regards

aks120
orbitmic, alex67500, KARFA and 3 others like this.

Last edited by aks120; Feb 4, 2023 at 4:22 am
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Seen elsewhere on social media that the Lansom Rose has apparently been enhanced from GF, having been absent for a few days staff are being asked and are none the wiser, guest services have said its due to a change in 'policy'.
Yup. In GF now and been told it is no more by the lounge staff. Not sure how much they know or are told but I saw some boxes being prepared for the bar area…. Not out on the help yourself area though!

Also, no Palmer out on the counters. Got to ask for it. Loads of complaints I hear……
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by KLJamie; Feb 4, 2023 at 5:27 am
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Go to Gatwick - they had loads of Lanson Rose out 🤣

aks120
KARFA and KLJamie like this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:36 am

Seems LGW GF is the place to be. Much better than LHR.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Current wine offers in CE?

Evening all. Can anyone tell me what they’re pouring in CE at the moment? Mrs OB is very particular, especially with the whites…
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Evening all. Can anyone tell me what they’re pouring in CE at the moment? Mrs OB is very particular, especially with the whites…
nothing interesting whatsoever I’m afraid.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Nothing very good, to be sure. You should check the long-running CE catering thread on this board for more specifics. CE Catering Thread

I don't read that thread any longer after having had posts removed and being "publicly shamed" for pointing out the shortcomings of the wine and cheese offerings on those flights.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by champignon
Nothing very good, to be sure. You should check the long-running CE catering thread on this board for more specifics. CE Catering Thread

I don't read that thread any longer after having had posts removed and being "publicly shamed" for pointing out the shortcomings of the wine and cheese offerings on those flights.
I wouldn't take it personally if someone offers an opposing view to yours, we all have our own individual tastes ... people tell me Dom Perignon is a great champagne, I think it tastes like effervescent cats pee ... but that doesn't stop others enjoying it! FlyerTalk thrives on diversity of opinion. It would be a very boring place if we all agreed all of the time!
aks120, alex67500, KARFA and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Very disappointing if it has gone, though not entirely surprised given the volumes BA would need for GF. Will they replace with another rosé Champagne is the question?!
Old Feb 5, 2023, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I wouldn't take it personally if someone offers an opposing view to yours, we all have our own individual tastes ... people tell me Dom Perignon is a great champagne, I think it tastes like effervescent cats pee ... but that doesn't stop others enjoying it! FlyerTalk thrives on diversity of opinion. It would be a very boring place if we all agreed all of the time!
I don't take much of anything personally, I just don't waste my time on threads where people take the subject (what gets served on short haul business flights), or themselves, too seriously. That thread is toxic.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by champignon
Thanks for the pointer, that told me what I needed to know… you’re right, it’s not terribly inspiring. Whites retailing for £8 and under… I know it’s not all about price when it comes to wine quality but honestly, a couple of quid more and they could be pouring something that’s actually nice.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
Very disappointing if it has gone, though not entirely surprised given the volumes BA would need for GF. Will they replace with another rosé Champagne is the question?!
Maybe a cheaper Rose (Lansons was a grade above the white) - or a rose english or prosecco. Who knows!
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:58 am
Suspended

Speaking of the CE wines, I'm almost certain that they don't stock creme de cassis onboard, but is there something else they have that you could add to the Nicky Foo / NF Champagne that would make it into a "pseudo Kir?" Do they stock any bitters and would that mix well? I think the NF is the best of a rather unimpressive lot, and if there was something you could do to it, to make it more interesting, that would be a huge plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.