Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to 20:00 hrs daily, for Gold/Emerald and First passengers, plus guest, usual oneworld rules apply.

Buffet from 05:15, menu food from 7am

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the Club lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by RJD1983
From what I've gathered, you should be all good. They have opened the Club Lounge as well.

Jday, someone has confirmed the Club Lounge is open.
okay well it was not open when I was there 45 mins ago.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Terminology is critical here ... the new First Lounge or the new Galleries Lounge, or the No. 1 or the Clubrooms?

What's a "Club Lounge"?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Good news! Thanks for the information and photos.

What champagne is on offer please and are the spirits premium?
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Henriot if I remember correctly
Originally Posted by jday
Exactly the same as FL in T5 (not CCR). Henriot Champagne. The usual spirits.
Thank you.

Good. Just wanted to check that the LGW F premium drink offering had not been "diluted" in anyway.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by T8191
Terminology is critical here ... the new First Lounge or the new Galleries Lounge, or the No. 1 or the Clubrooms?

What's a "Club Lounge"?
It definitely is a wee bit confusing at the moment, isn't it?

Seeing that BA's new lounge branding is 'British Airways Lounge' what are the lounges going to be officially named? Will it be British Airways Lounge - First and British Airways Lounge - Club, or something a wee bit different?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The pink chairs would have been at home on the set of TFI Friday with Chris Evans circa 1996. They look very dated already!

From the photos the lounge looks OK, nothing special. Runway views? *shrug*
While agreeing that it appears from the photos to lack a wow factor and that the pink chairs are a little jarring, it does look like a good step up from the previous small tired Flounge.

In addition, the fact that there is a Flounge is a relief to me, as I feared (and had read here) that there was a possibility of a combined F/J lounge.

I do not use LGW very often as it is not convenient for me but on my usual once or so yearly holiday visit, I will be happy to use it.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I fear for the long-term well-being of those cerise chairs. still, when worn/stained a bit, they could add a worn-out boudoir look to proceedings
I fixed that for you, Uncle T
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
I fixed that for you, Uncle T
Bless you, dear.

Not that I have any recollections of what a tart's boudoir looks like, but now you mention it ...

I like the high back, though. Very suitable for gentlemen of a certain age
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthflyer
It definitely is a wee bit confusing at the moment, isn't it?

Seeing that BA's new lounge branding is 'British Airways Lounge' what are the lounges going to be officially named? Will it be British Airways Lounge - First and British Airways Lounge - Club, or something a wee bit different?
Ah, I had forgotten that!!

So it will be FLounge and BLounge to be added to the glossary
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Excellent news, Mrs. Firstlight will be getting her breakfast champagne on our trip to KIN on 24th
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
F Lounge access at LGW after arrival into LHR in F

Ah, I had forgotten that!!

So it will be FLounge and BLounge to be added to the glossary
Perhaps off topic, so please forgive, can F passengers arriving into LHR but then departing from LGW in Club World on the same PNR have access to F lounges at LGW? Going from IAH to RAK in April.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by firstlight
Excellent news, Mrs. Firstlight will be getting her breakfast champagne on our trip to KIN on 24th
Envy!! I trust we may be favoured with a TR, or at least a report on how Boarding goes at LGW(S). Don't forget you will be following at least a dozen wheelchairs and another dozen or so 'special assistance'
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Envy!! I trust we may be favoured with a TR, or at least a report on how Boarding goes at LGW(S). Don't forget you will be following at least a dozen wheelchairs and another dozen or so 'special assistance'
At LGW(N), they used to park the special assistance folk after the boarding pass check but before the jetway. DYKWIA's priority boarding and turning left on the 777 can manage to sneak past if they move snappily :-) We'll see if that gambit still works...
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Looks like the space Continental used when I used to fly with them in Business First... same view...
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
Perhaps off topic, so please forgive, can F passengers arriving into LHR but then departing from LGW in Club World on the same PNR have access to F lounges at LGW? Going from IAH to RAK in April.
Yes. Keep hold of your F bp as you may need to show it.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by firstlight
At LGW(N), they used to park the special assistance folk after the boarding pass check but before the jetway. DYKWIA's priority boarding and turning left on the 777 can manage to sneak past if they move snappily :-) We'll see if that gambit still works...
oooh!!

Will be useful to the FT community to see what the International gates are like, and how they're managed. I've seen uncontolled chaos on the Jamaica route in the past

But I digress ... back to the FLounge, and whether they announce boarding, etc etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.