Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Skyflyers logbooks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Speaking of logbooks, does anyone know what other things crew members have been known to give out to kids, if anything?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by George K
Speaking of logbooks, does anyone know what other things crew members have been known to give out to kids, if anything?
As a big kid the captain gave me some stickers on a recent flight that said "Future Pilot" on it and another with "I visited the flightdeck".
George K and OurWorld like this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have it one the very best authority that Dyogenes Bear and his mate are coming close to 500,000 miles. Their keeper (for want of a better word) asked the other day and was given two more books. All of these he has somehow managed to get into one of those Concorde Diaries. I have flown with them and can vouch for the fact that they are really quite well behaved. I say "quite" as they have a shocking tendency to think that the bar trolley is there for their refreshment alone, but I digress by way of a change
George K likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: BA
We have a log book, and one of the ‘future pilot’ stickers. I’ve never had an issue getting it filled out for my daughter, even on short domestic jumps.

I’ve once received a ‘Sky Fliers’ bag which is a neat draw string bag with BA livery. It has poor quality crayons and a colouring book inside!
George K likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BA executive club
flight logs

Originally Posted by malkie
We have a log book, and one of the ‘future pilot’ stickers. I’ve never had an issue getting it filled out for my daughter, even on short domestic jumps.

I’ve once received a ‘Sky Fliers’ bag which is a neat draw string bag with BA livery. It has poor quality crayons and a colouring book inside!
I have had some lovely times in the cockpit with my two daughters and their Flight Logs. We used BA ones to start with about 10 years ago. We ran out of space... I decided to design my own which are passport size with flags, flight details (that the crew/pilot are always very happy to fill in!!) and how far you have been. It even has a world map. If you want to look at them they are on etsy under ourworldtravellogs But see next paragraph if you are just looking for the BA ones.

You CAN still find the skyflyer ones BA flights sometimes and some other airlines do have them as well. Ask, never hurts. I think it is a special thing to fly. I love that I have recorded all my children's flights since there first. You forget so quickly what you did when I find or maybe it is because my two are teenagers now...!!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:46 am

I haven't seen a sky fliers bag in a while. We have never had an issue getting our log books filled out either! My teenagers still enjoy it
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:48 am

wings

I have been testing out flight logs recently as an older traveller....The crew gave me a pair of captains wings
George K and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by OurWorld
I have been testing out flight logs recently as an older traveller....The crew gave me a pair of captains wings
Young rapidex got himself a Legoland driving license. He was disappointed he couldn't use that too.^
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Hey folks - does anyone know if Iberia captains/crew are happy to sign BA skyflyer logbooks by any chance? Only asking because we had to rebook on Iberia for the upcoming strike, and I thought I might inquire about what probably is the least important element of this new arrangement...
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:30 pm

Signing log books

Hi George, I have used BA flyer books and my new one that I design and sell on all airlines. We have never been refused by the flight crew! I have started giving it to the flight crew as we get on board before they get busy. Have a great flight!
George K likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Always worth a try! I've had one Qantas captain who refused to sign it, but otherwise all BA / Cityflyer / Qantas / Loganair / others have been happy to do so. I got the impression some of the captains genuinely enjoyed doing it too
alvinlwh and George K like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by so3003
Always worth a try! I've had one Qantas captain who refused to sign it, but otherwise all BA / Cityflyer / Qantas / Loganair / others have been happy to do so. I got the impression some of the captains genuinely enjoyed doing it too
Exactly! We have used it on Swiss air, wideroe, Norwegian, Singapore, etc... everyone have signed it and we have had visits from the captain, etc. Just last week on Wideroe, the captain put stickers inside them (they were my designed ones) but I think they like to see where you've been and the other pilots. ^
so3003 and George K like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by so3003
Good to know, I (and my little ones) fly LM a lot.
so3003 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Hey folks - does anyone know if Iberia captains/crew are happy to sign BA skyflyer logbooks by any chance? Only asking because we had to rebook on Iberia for the upcoming strike, and I thought I might inquire about what probably is the least important element of this new arrangement...
I would not ask an Iberia Captain for the dirt under his nails. Those who I have encountered have an attitude that would make me run a mile. I suspect that they would regard that as well beneath their dignity.One has to realise the the perception of customer relations is very different here in Spain.

BA Flightdeck are a very different kettle of fish - usually most approachable and pleasant.
George K likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I would not ask an Iberia Captain for the dirt under his nails. Those who I have encountered have an attitude that would make me run a mile. I suspect that they would regard that as well beneath their dignity.One has to realise the the perception of customer relations is very different here in Spain.
Wow! I think I'll risk it anyway but I'll consider my expectations managed... Worst case scenario, I'll sign it myself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.