Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Skyflyers logbooks

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
BA Skyflyers logbooks

Anyone know if BA still offer log books to children and allow them to be signed by the captain?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes and yes

You usually just have to ask a crew member who can get them for you as long as there are some on board
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by davrossuk
Anyone know if BA still offer log books to children and allow them to be signed by the captain?
Get one quickly before they become £10 a piece
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
Get one quickly before they become £10 a piece
Ha ha. Love it. Signatures extra too?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Soft Top
Ha ha. Love it. Signatures extra too?
Available for £5 or 900 Avios
frandrake, tedcruz and Flyingmedic like this.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
Don't forget to ask for a sticker too! Most flight crew I flew with had a bundle of stickers they used to hand out too
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
They had special stickers at Christmas. Also sometimes they have postcards of the aircraft.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
They had special stickers at Christmas. Also sometimes they have postcards of the aircraft.
The crew, in my experience, are usually quite keen at getting it filled in... My 14 month old daughter just completed her 26th flight (2/3s LH; 1/3 SH), and several times, the captain or FO comes out to say hi, irrespective of what cabin we are in.

LHR-YYZ is our most frequent route, and the captain have been on same flight 2 times with us, and wrote a special note. Have several post cards and stickers too... At the moment, my daughter is just trying to eat the logbook, but hopefully she will appreciate when she is older
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Thanks for the info and tips.

I'm glad they still offer the log books and will remember to ask about postcards/stickers. It will be my (9yo) daughter's first ever flight so it will be nice for her to have a souvenir.
RJD1983 and Pascoe like this.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I've kept a log for my kids on Flightmemory.
http://my.flightmemory.com/matthewthompson - 7 year old
http://my.flightmemory.com/amythompson - 5 years old.
Most flights are the annual trip to the Grandparents in SA!

signol
Robert279 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
we have one for Miss Ratypus junior...but we only got given it on about her 6th or 7th flight (didn't know they existed); plus since then I have forgotten it on a couple of flights...

is it bad if I just fill out those flight details myself??!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Ae they on short haul flights?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
we got given ours on a short-haul out of LHR so yes
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:30 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Can adult enthusiasts have one too?

Here is a BA Concorde one by that aviation blogger Sam Chui. I am thinking of doing the same myself and asking it to be taken to the flight deck each flight to be filled out!
I am sure BA's flight crew are extremely grateful that I don't submit them to this amount of paperwork on each of my flights!!!

I think that's probably why it's best to use the BA log books, they may not know you are 37 (or whatever it is). There is one permanently youthful flyer on BA who has found some way of collating all is log books into one, via a professional bookbinder. He thereby gets away with it, because the captains flick back through the entries to see the names of those who trained and worked with them. "Goodness, there's old Biffo, last I heard he was shacked up in Thailand running a fish farm".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.