FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

Deltus Nov 16, 2016 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Physci (Post 27478705)
I see that BA have been busy amending the Amadeus records so that under "meals" it now says "Food and beverages for purchase"

Interesting - I've got a TRN-LGW flight on 22nd Jan that still says "Snack or Brunch" and LGW-GVA on 28th Jan that says "Food and Beverages for Purchase".

I'm expecting great things for the TRN flight then...

HMPS Nov 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 27487613)
Interesting - I've got a TRN-LGW flight on 22nd Jan that still says "Snack or Brunch" and LGW-GVA on 28th Jan that says "Food and Beverages for Purchase".

I'm expecting great things for the TRN flight then...

I recommend you print and carry it with you . Will be interesting to see how they handle it !

cme17 Nov 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Will you still be able to drink your own alcohol on board?

miamiflyer8 Nov 16, 2016 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by cme17 (Post 27490811)

Well it doesn't say on the website so presumably yes.

Vinotraveller Nov 17, 2016 4:28 am

I took my last ET flight with free F&B yesterday from MAD - LHR. Last domestics next week and other flights are CE. Whilst I won't miss the rather basic roll and bun, I will miss the coffee and water etc. Scoping out the lounge there were plenty of little bottles of Cava, Sherry, water etc and bags of nuts which would be perfect to pop into the carry on, and I suspect that people with lounge access travelling ET and Domestic will start to take stuff from lounges. Will be interesting to see how it is policed but given how busy the lounges at LHR are I cannot see them managing to keep on top of it.

flashware Nov 17, 2016 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller (Post 27491818)
I took my last ET flight with free F&B yesterday from MAD - LHR. Last domestics next week and other flights are CE. Whilst I won't miss the rather basic roll and bun, I will miss the coffee and water etc. Scoping out the lounge there were plenty of little bottles of Cava, Sherry, water etc and bags of nuts which would be perfect to pop into the carry on, and I suspect that people with lounge access travelling ET and Domestic will start to take stuff from lounges. Will be interesting to see how it is policed but given how busy the lounges at LHR are I cannot see them managing to keep on top of it.

MAD is like this specifically I dare say because of the fact IB has BoB - so status pax can take things from the lounge. They're nicely packaged after all..... ^

miamiflyer8 Nov 17, 2016 5:14 am

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 27491879)
MAD is like this specifically I dare say because of the fact IB has BoB - so status pax can take things from the lounge. They're nicely packaged after all..... ^

+1.

A Hägen Daz might've snuck it's way into my backpack...

orbitmic Nov 17, 2016 5:16 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 27491888)
+1.

A Hägen Daz might've snuck it's way into my backpack...

The story doesn't say in which state it made it out of it! ;)

miamiflyer8 Nov 17, 2016 5:23 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27491892)

Ate it onboard with it being just good enough to eat.

Snagged it as I left the lounge and ate it while taxiing so it only spent ten minutes in my bag.

Calchas Nov 17, 2016 5:27 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27491892)

That's why you take two, one to act as a back up ;)

Skipcool3 Nov 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Anybody aware what changes there will be on the Sun Air services from City? Probably off to Bremen in the new year? I know that cityflyer is not changing for a while....

CatchThePigeon Nov 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by cme17 (Post 27490811)

Speaking to Cabin Crew a few weeks ago and she said unlike EasyJet, there was no ban on BA customers drinking their own booze. EasyJet and other LCCs (except BA...) enforce this rule and remove alcohol from passengers if they see them drinking.

She predicted this would become a problem with folk guzzling their own bottles of duty free. At least when CC give out the booze they have an idea of how much they've consumed.

We'll see what happens. But I expect BA will copy cat the other LCCs with this policy. Not from any health and safety point of view but purely because it will be a money generator.

layz Nov 17, 2016 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 (Post 27493779)
Anybody aware what changes there will be on the Sun Air services from City? Probably off to Bremen in the new year? I know that cityflyer is not changing for a while....

I doubt they'll change at all. They have fairly expensive fares and their service is closer to CE than BA economy.

The_Bouncer Nov 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon (Post 27493883)
Speaking to Cabin Crew a few weeks ago and she said unlike EasyJet, there was no ban on BA customers drinking their own booze. EasyJet and other LCCs (except BA...) enforce this rule and remove alcohol from passengers if they see them drinking.

She predicted this would become a problem with folk guzzling their own bottles of duty free. At least when CC give out the booze they have an idea of how much they've consumed.

We'll see what happens. But I expect BA will copy cat the other LCCs with this policy. Not from any health and safety point of view but purely because it will be a money generator.

But health and safety will be the publicly quoted excuse, even if not the real reason.

destere Nov 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Let's not get too cynical about this. Any revenue will be a factor, but H&S will come in to it too. Incidents cost money too...