Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refused Lounge entry at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:36 pm

I thought that was only the rule for AA members?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by hypercrypt
I thought that was only the rule for AA members?
It is, the employee just didn't know.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
The rules haven’t changed but we do hear this happening fairly frequently in particular American BA lounges.

I’d consider letting customer relations know given their recent generosity, but mainly so that it can be fed back (unfortunately unless they get multiple reports it is unlikely to chnage)
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
An incorrect decision applied given that reasoning, and definitely no rules have changed. Just out of interest what time of day was your AA flight to SJU?

The PHL lounge is open for BA/Oneworld customers usually between 15:00 and 19:00 and IIRC it is open in the mornings for QR customers only. I may be entirely incorrect with the exact detail surrounding this but could it perhaps be the case that usual Oneworld rules do not apply during these morning hours? Maybe someone could clarify this, as I can't realistically see this being the case.

Last edited by TyneTraveller; Jan 18, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by martin102
Having just returned from an AA trip around the USA, I was proactively offered premium drink vouchers in the Admiral Clubs. In fact I had so many at one stage I was giving them away.
Maybe its a Martin thing!! We got 8 vouchers(2 ADT and 2 CHD) on our last visit to Admirals Club at PHL. We gave seven away as I had a glass of wine and Mrs MARTINSWIN doesn’t drink much and our 11 and 3 year old refused the G & T !

We booked our flights on AA.com all flights on AA Metal just our BAEC numbers in booking
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:04 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Refused entry into PHL BA lounge yesterday afternoon on the way home from Rome. Lounge Dragon said lounge is only for intl departing passengers, not transiting on a return.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was politely refused entry into the BA lounge at PHL yesterday, and directed to the AA Flagship lounge. (OneWorld Emerald, travelling AA Business PHX to LHR). I couldn't be bothered arguing.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I actually prefer the PHL AA (Terminal A) lounge now that BA are down to a single super hi-j 747 a day. The BA lounge has been rammed my last couple of flights, the AA lounge is much more spacious and pretty quiet at that time of day. They are also very liberal with their drinks vouchers 😁
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was refused entry last Thursday. It had become a “Qatar” lounge, with the dragon on the front desk dressed in Qatar airlines uniform, telling me the lounge was only for use if I was flying on their flight.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters
Although it does expediate the service received from the miserable barman in the Admirals Club (C gate I think) that we encountered last year.

The Sprite Lite was getting quite expensive during our four hour stay!
Sounds like a perfect reason not to tip him if he’s slow and miserable.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:46 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I was refused entry last Thursday. It had become a “Qatar” lounge, with the dragon on the front desk dressed in Qatar airlines uniform, telling me the lounge was only for use if I was flying on their flight.
That lounge is well-known for making up reasons to deny access to people when they shoudn't. But in this case, I believe they are correct. This lounge is a BA and thus OW lounge during the opening hours posted, among other places, in the OW lounge finder. But they are free to use it as a non-OW, QR-only lounge outside those opening hours which is exactly what they do.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by 1flyer
That lounge is well-known for making up reasons to deny access to people when they shoudn't. But in this case, I believe they are correct. This lounge is a BA and thus OW lounge during the opening hours posted, among other places, in the OW lounge finder. But they are free to use it as a non-OW, QR-only lounge outside those opening hours which is exactly what they do.
Had same issue at Boston earlier in the year. Seems BA are making money every which way they can now.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:38 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Yeah... it’s a regular gripe of mine.

I consider it hideously poor service to be turned away from an empty lounge and brushed off with the excuse they are expecting more customers later when you’re a CCR holder on the AA domestic leg of a paid itinerary with transatlantic F you bought from BA.

Some people seem to think it’s acceptable because you’re an AA customer on that particular day... we differ in that opinion.

At least in PHL you have the AA alternative. In SEA, AA use a similarly at capacity Alaska Air lounge you’ll be turned away from as a BA frequent flyer.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by amt
Yeah... it’s a regular gripe of mine.

I consider it hideously poor service to be turned away from an empty lounge and brushed off with the excuse they are expecting more customers later when you’re a CCR holder on the AA domestic leg of a paid itinerary with transatlantic F you bought from BA.

Some people seem to think it’s acceptable because you’re an AA customer on that particular day... we differ in that opinion.

At least in PHL you have the AA alternative. In SEA, AA use a similarly at capacity Alaska Air lounge you’ll be turned away from as a BA frequent flyer.
I understand there's slightly more attraction if you have access to the F side, but for those with just OWS/J access, I really don't know why one would want to use this lounge rather than the nearby AC which is far nicer, more spacious with natural light and apron views. The food offering in the AC is also now better than the main (non-PFD) part of the BA lounge. Honestly not worth the effort of seeking entry here for an AA flight.
Greyscot and LBP2 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:12 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I understand there's slightly more attraction if you have access to the F side, but for those with just OWS/J access, I really don't know why one would want to use this lounge rather than the nearby AC which is far nicer, more spacious with natural light and apron views. The food offering in the AC is also now better than the main (non-PFD) part of the BA lounge. Honestly not worth the effort of seeking entry here for an AA flight.
There is no AC at SEA...

There’s no lounge for Oneworld Emerald or Saphire passengers with either lounge access privileges or non-AA passengers connecting to international/transcon F/J class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.