Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time at LBA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by fleagle
Flying out of LBA on the 12/8 on BA1341 @ 0930 and wondering;

Will the lounge be busy? ( would rather avoid the stella swiggers!)
Flying Club do you get fast track security?
I don't think they have stella but they split by business and holiday into each side f the lounge.

They have cut back on the bottled lager and cider, they used to have a good range but it is much more basic these days.

The loo is also no longer opposite. So if you do have a few lagers add time for a walk to the nearest facilities.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:39 pm

Sadly ,sometimes they let idiots into the business side. Once the whole lounge was entertained by a guy saying a long farewell to his wife/girlfriend on the phone. It was heart felt and emotional. His next call was to book a prostitute to meet him at the airport in Thailand. It seems you can get a combined hooker and taxi service which is impressive.

When he left the lounge the usually reserved passengers all started talking about it!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Sadly ,sometimes they let idiots into the business side. O
How rude, I think you will find I was told to go in the business side
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Sadly ,sometimes they let idiots into the business side. Once the whole lounge was entertained by a guy saying a long farewell to his wife/girlfriend on the phone. It was heart felt and emotional. His next call was to book a prostitute to meet him at the airport in Thailand. It seems you can get a combined hooker and taxi service which is impressive.

When he left the lounge the usually reserved passengers all started talking about it!
Phone booths would be so useful in lounges.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
So checking today it seems they have put a stop to that short cut sadly. When you come up the escalator/stairs from security there are some full length glass doors on your right with the new Saltaire bar extension behind. When the extension first opened those doors were open so you could go in, go right and emerge opposite the lounge entrance thereby avoiding the longer walk via the duty free shop. Seems those glass doors are now firmly shut and do not look like they would be reopened.
Oh well will have to go the usual route on Sunday.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Phone booths would be so useful in lounges.
JAL has phone booths in their lounges

Sadly no JL service on LBA-HND yet
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've another visit tomorrow. Just hoping the roads aren't too busy getting there and security isn't packed.
Any pork pie appeared recently or was that a one off a while ago?

Decided to try out Sentinel Parking rather than the official airport parking. Came in at £25.50 for 5 days over Xmas so not too bad. About £12 more for the medium stay car park. Only thing I wasn't aware of is that you have to hand over your keys and they park your car (fine when I used Goodtogo and my car isn't something fancy that will be driven around at 130mph!).
Was originally going to drive down to LHR and they wanted £74.99+ for the same period, so parking at LBA and flying wasn't really a lot of difference price wise. Saves me 4hrs driving as well.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:15 am

Just leaving there at the moment on the 1347.

Traffic (from N Leeds) was fine this morning.

Security also wasnt too bad. Remember BA can use fast track. This morning was the first time I’ve seen both scanner belts being used in fast track, albeit fast track was then sharing the body scanner with the regular queue.

Not seen any pork pies in recent months at any time of day. This morning was the regular bacon rolls etc.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by xenole
I've another visit tomorrow. Just hoping the roads aren't too busy getting there and security isn't packed.
Any pork pie appeared recently or was that a one off a while ago?

Decided to try out Sentinel Parking rather than the official airport parking. Came in at £25.50 for 5 days over Xmas so not too bad. About £12 more for the medium stay car park. Only thing I wasn't aware of is that you have to hand over your keys and they park your car (fine when I used Goodtogo and my car isn't something fancy that will be driven around at 130mph!).
Was originally going to drive down to LHR and they wanted £74.99+ for the same period, so parking at LBA and flying wasn't really a lot of difference price wise. Saves me 4hrs driving as well.
I have used sentinel exclusively over the last few years. I much prefer them over the airport parking. They are cheaper, and more convenient for me. I don't mind them parking the car, saves me from driving around in circles for 10 minutes trying to find a space.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Xmas dinner here in the Yorkshire Lounge

Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:25 am

Nice. One of the BA twitter pilots is doing the BA1342/1343 rotation today so say hello. I think the LBA passenger services manager (Emily Bramley) should be around too.

Am in tomorrow so will see whether there is a Christmas breakfast!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
And this is one superb reason why BA should continue to offer some non standard outposts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.