Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

(held booking) "Sorry but we can't find your booking right now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex

I used the "Hold booking for 72h" option for first time. It lapses today but when I attempt to pay the balance it just throws an error:

"Your held booking - Sorry but we can't find your booking right now"

tried yesterday and today. I don't fancy spending ages on the phone waiting for someone to pick up, so will probably let it lapse and just do straight booking as price seems to be same. Lose 20 deposit.

Is it this common? If so, I will not bother any more with this option, pointless.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
I used the "Hold booking for 72h" option for first time. It lapses today but when I attempt to pay the balance it just throws an error:

"Your held booking - Sorry but we can't find your booking right now"

tried yesterday and today. I don't fancy spending ages on the phone waiting for someone to pick up, so will probably let it lapse and just do straight booking as price seems to be same. Lose 20 deposit.

Is it this common? If so, I will not bother any more with this option, pointless.
I wouldn't say it was common - I use hold booking quite a lot - but I did have it occur with my last couple of them, for reasons that were never determined.

Do you have any BAEC status (i.e. can you get through to Silver or Gold lines?). I just jumped on the phone both times, and it was all sorted quickly.

I guess it depends on what 20 is worth to you in time, but hopefully you can just phone up, pop the phone on speaker while you are in the queue and get on with something until they answer.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: Executive Club
Yes I have had it a couple of times. If you call and give the reference they can bring it up. It's also worth trying to make the same booking again as quite often the fare hasn't changed anyway.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I had this happen to me in recently for an upcoming AUH trip and had to phone in from the cabin of a delayed AA flight to JFK while sat on the tarmac at Heathrow as the 72-hour hold was going to expire while in flight.

Whether in fact this is correct I do not know, but the reason quoted by the CS agent for why the online system failed to match up the booking is that there had been a minor adjustment (as in 'pennies') to the overall cost. BA's IT had evidently done its usual thing and failed to track the change in 'Total Amount Due' and was, presumably, trying to validate/match details on the historical price.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Problems confirming payment do get raised here from time to time, here is an example and I recall a more recent case too, but they were fixed by calling up. I'm not a big user of this facility since it can't be combined with all fares, but on the rare occasions I have used it, then at least on the main website it's confirmed fine and the hold fee refunded a few days later.

Can't pay for held booking - webpage error
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Happened to me a week or so ago and cleared itself the following day. I did check that the price had not gone up as I was keen to secure the flights and lose the deposit if push came to shove and was very surprised to see that the flights had gone down by about 15 from 166 to 151. The online help did suggest that BA would automatically reprice the flights at the lower rate but BA.com did not play ball. I phoned in the end and they asked me to book again at the lower price & refunded me the 10 holding fee. The old booking died and disappeared from the system.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Happening to me now. Typical useless BA IT. I cannot recall the last time I managed to log in, carry out a task and log out successfully without some sort of glitch. Utterly useless.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have never been able to complete a held booking online.

One agent explained that if exchange rate fluctuations cause the Sterling equivalent of an overseas tax, fee or charge to change by even a penny (thereby changing the total fare) then the system often can't identify the booking and manual intervention is necessary. I have no idea why the system would ever be matching by price, but that's BA's IT for you.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Executive Club
I am always shocked at how terrible BA's IT is in comparison with other large companies. Think of companies like Tesco, Lloyds Bank, Amazon, their websites never ever crash, their customer systems never crash. And then you look at IAG where you normally expect some sort of problem on BA's website, and you 100% expect a problem on Iberia's. Just can't see why they get it so wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.