Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't pay for held booking - webpage error

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Can't pay for held booking - webpage error

I held a flight price earlier in the week and the 72 hour hold period is expiring shortly, but I'm unable to complete the payment. I get to the card verification section which passes and then the next page is an error "This page is not available". I've tried different browsers but always the same, the booking still shows as just held in MMB and no charge is showing on my Amex.

Does anyone have any experience of this happening - presumably BA will still honour the price if I can't pay before the hold expires since this is their IT failure? I've taken a screenshot which has error codes and references. I'm assuming that trying to speak to the call centre tonight would be futile given the strike announcement.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
I haven't missed the 72 hours, but have had to resort to telephone booking. They waived the telephone fee (without asking) which is probably a good sign.
Good luck
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Phone them.
Also assume the flights aren't the 8-11th or 26-28th Sept?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.

After waiting on hold for ages I decided to look at a new booking which turned out to be a very similar price so I just did that. Of course, as soon as it went through they answered the phone! Call centre were very helpful and are going to refund the hold fee from the original booking, so all worked out in the end.
expatboy likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:27 pm

I had a similar issue yesterday trying to pay a balance. It would always fail if I was logged onto the BA account, trying different browsers, but when I did not log-in and just used the booking reference with surname it worked. The many wonders of IT.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA (Gold)
Pleased it worked out for you in the end. I had the same issue with this a few days ago and, in the end, I just repeated the booking process - price had not changed and I wrote the holding fee off as the price for my initial indecisiveness. Couldn't face the bother of phoning up and contesting a fiver!

Regards

PR
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:24 am

Had the same happen to me yesterday.

Made the same itinerary through the app, and payment went through first attempt.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have never been able to complete a held booking online; I invariably get an error and have to phone.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
This has happened to me the past few times I have used the 72hr hold, calling them sorted it very quickly and no issues or extra charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.