Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounges HKG & BKK. Which one?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by morges1
Agree, but does anyone know the status of the BA lounge (or even where it will be now that CX has taken the space)?
... or even if there will be one!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
You can walk to the Pier - it takes about 5 minutes. There are travelators along the walk so not too bad. I would recommend trying the Pier if you have time.
Thanks KARFA, I have only been to HKG once before and wasn't sure about the distances. I think I will have time so will give the Pier a look, I hope it's as nice as people say. I am sure it will be if they have some nice champagne
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:14 am
formerly known as ravishah

In HKG we used the Cathy lounge it is really good - even has some hot made to order food. Showers are big, clean and plentiful as well. It is well sectioned as well, remember to go upstairs.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Thanks KARFA, I have only been to HKG once before and wasn't sure about the distances. I think I will have time so will give the Pier a look, I hope it's as nice as people say. I am sure it will be if they have some nice champagne
It really is.

I have always just used the Wing as I was being far too lazy, but another FT'er recently persuaded me to try it and so we met in the Wing and walked to the Pier. I think now I will just head to the Pier by default even if my gate was a low numbered one near the Wing.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
HKG-

"The Pier" for me, absolutely love that lounge especially the Dining area and the Bar.

Was nice to meet KARFA and spend some time there a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:50 am

I will have a drink at the bar for sure. Have seen some photos and it does look nice!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by morges1
Agree, but does anyone know the status of the BA lounge (or even where it will be now that CX has taken the space)?
AoT are currently building new lounge space at BKK.

QR, and two other airlines will be granted spaces - 37 airlines applied for lounge space!

The likely location will be close to D7/D8, but AoT have not yet released which airlines will use which space - although I know QR will NOT be in the D7/D8 lounge space.

With CX, JL and QR (May/June) all offering lounge space, I would be surprised if BA took a lounge of their own.

The BA timings are poor, but were setup to allow for incoming passengers from the Thai islands, heading back to the UK (as confirmed to me by someone at BA a few days ago). A lot of their premium travellers now use QR, notably because it is a 3-class service, so a BA lounge would be rather wasteful.

The QR lounge will be comparable to their offering at LHR, and comparable to the new one they're building at CDG.

I'm next in BKK in early April, so will do more digging and talk to my contacts who know the airport from within.

In terms of BKK and HKG Lounges for Oneworld status cardholders, on the QR Forum you'll find a thread relevant to each airport, and its lounges.

Im on mobile otherwise id post the links.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:56 am

Just to double check.....I have no Exec Club status but I am travelling in F on BA, so I can use the Pier....correct??

Can one of you knowledgeable people confirm please?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Just to double check.....I have no Exec Club status but I am travelling in F on BA, so I can use the Pier....correct??
Correct. You can use any oneworld F or J lounge at HKG, and this would include the Pier F lounge.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Correct. You can use any oneworld F or J lounge at HKG, and this would include the Pier F lounge.
Thank you.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The likely location will be close to D7/D8, but AoT have not yet released which airlines will use which space - although I know QR will NOT be in the D7/D8 lounge space.
Really? I was under the impression that the new space they are building in D concourse is specifically for QR and SQ.

Edit: I believe there were even SQ and QR logos on the wall when they started building these lounges. Of course this is Thailand and everything can happen, but still...
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Meh
Went to the Wing last night and had a great dinner. Then with to the QF lounge and had a beer at the bar. Very enjoyable and the staff at the QF bar are good fun.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:24 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by TPJ
Really? I was under the impression that the new space they are building in D concourse is specifically for QR and SQ.

Edit: I believe there were even SQ and QR logos on the wall when they started building these lounges. Of course this is Thailand and everything can happen, but still...
I was told a week or so ago by someone close to AoT management, that the D7/D8 space would not be going to QR.

Its worth noting that Concourse D is a long space, so its entirely likely QR will be somewhere on D, just not by gates 7/8. Wherever they put it, it will involve a lengthy walk for the usual A380 stand (C7). There are rumours however, that QR will provide electric buggies for F passengers to assist.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
just to add for BKK the CX lounge was very nice, the hot food options were very good. its not massive so it does get busy. the noodle and dimsum options for breakfast were great. the western style scrambled egg on toast was also good (but small - get two portions if your hungry!)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=575C984E
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Will the QR lounge be a One World lounge?

I can't see me doing many BA flights to BKK - more likely to connect through HKG/KUL or use QR because of the timings.

When travelling economy, BA 9/10 make more sense but I'm not rarely in the country long enough to stomach the overnight and still function.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.