FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounges HKG & BKK. Which one?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:21 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by morges1
Agree, but does anyone know the status of the BA lounge (or even where it will be now that CX has taken the space)?
AoT are currently building new lounge space at BKK.

QR, and two other airlines will be granted spaces - 37 airlines applied for lounge space!

The likely location will be close to D7/D8, but AoT have not yet released which airlines will use which space - although I know QR will NOT be in the D7/D8 lounge space.

With CX, JL and QR (May/June) all offering lounge space, I would be surprised if BA took a lounge of their own.

The BA timings are poor, but were setup to allow for incoming passengers from the Thai islands, heading back to the UK (as confirmed to me by someone at BA a few days ago). A lot of their premium travellers now use QR, notably because it is a 3-class service, so a BA lounge would be rather wasteful.

The QR lounge will be comparable to their offering at LHR, and comparable to the new one they're building at CDG.

I'm next in BKK in early April, so will do more digging and talk to my contacts who know the airport from within.

In terms of BKK and HKG Lounges for Oneworld status cardholders, on the QR Forum you'll find a thread relevant to each airport, and its lounges.

Im on mobile otherwise id post the links.