Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by NRGsaver
My new CCR card also has the 100 years logo - and I had to produce it to get into the CCR on Tuesday. I chatted with the lady at the desk who assured me that 'absolutely nobody' was getting in there without showing the card (or, presumably, a first class boarding card). This still seems variable. Does anyone know what the story is here? I have absolutely no objection to producing the card when asked but I am a little confused by the inconsistency.
I was allowed access without my card on Friday 24th May - so the statement from the Agent you came up against clearly is not speaking for all of them . Due to last minute changes in travel, I had left my CCR card in my other bag by mistake (for clarity, I had not planned to be transferring at LHR that day but was re-routed due to cancellations over at LCY) - I was waved through with little resistance when I said that I had a CCR card, just not with me that day.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I never carry these silly cards (I have around 100 different useless plastics in one ex-QR amenity kit) and i leave them all at home. If i get challenged (not too often) I just say my name is in the book. Works 100% of time.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
The GGL phone line continues to go from strength to strength. They totally saved me today as I left my passport at home (yes, it finally happened and I was utterly dumbstruck). Realising I was going to miss my sister's wedding unless I came up with a Plan B pretty damn quick, the wonderful BA agent was so sympathetic and moved my now utterly worthless Avios booking to the last flight of the day after only five minutes on hold and without charge. That gave me 6 hours to pick up my passport and make it back to LHR.

Given that Expertflyer was showing Y8 for that flight and BA were asking for more than £300 for a one-way booking, I feel so grateful. They also protected my return flight without question and TS has even kept a free seat next to me. So impressed and will obviously be writing in with a Well Done.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I never carry these silly cards (I have around 100 different useless plastics in one ex-QR amenity kit) and i leave them all at home. If i get challenged (not too often) I just say my name is in the book. Works 100% of time.
100% only if your name is on the list. Checking has got a lot more thorough recently - except if you’ve been pre flagged in the system by the Concorde team.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by NRGsaver
My new CCR card also has the 100 years logo - and I had to produce it to get into the CCR on Tuesday. I chatted with the lady at the desk who assured me that 'absolutely nobody' was getting in there without showing the card (or, presumably, a first class boarding card). This still seems variable. Does anyone know what the story is here? I have absolutely no objection to producing the card when asked but I am a little confused by the inconsistency.
I've always got in (LHR and NYC, low double digit number of times this year) and never had the card with me. I proactively tell them I have a CCR card, they've checked the list roughly 25% of the time at LHR and never in NYC. I doubt I'm there enough for them to recognise me.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:02 pm

I should know the answer to this, but when do jokers/partner card nominations reset - is it the end of the TP collection year, or is it the card expiry date?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
I should know the answer to this, but when do jokers/partner card nominations reset - is it the end of the TP collection year, or is it the card expiry date?
Collection year. That's the one that matters for status, benefits, etc. The additional month is basically goodwill.
hearingdouble likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Collection year. That's the one that matters for status, benefits, etc. The additional month is basically goodwill.
Thanks. So what benefits over a Gold will a GGL who has failed to requalify get in the “goodwill” period between the end of the collection year and the card expiry? Is it just the GGL phone line and improved CIV?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Give like a good week for those though.. Just went through it.. It's not the tp collection year.. But like you need to wait for the email hey here's your cards.. Till you can give.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by hearingdouble

Thanks. So what benefits over a Gold will a GGL who has failed to requalify get in the “goodwill” period between the end of the collection year and the card expiry? Is it just the GGL phone line and improved CIV?
GGL email and phone. 5 guests into the lounge. Min 97 CIV. Piggy back from Willie Walsh from the CCR to the gate when departing from T5 A gates.
hearingdouble likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:49 pm

GGL email and phone. 5 guests into the lounge. Min 97 CIV. Piggy back from Willie Walsh from the CCR to the gate when departing from T5 A gates.
Cheers. I was hoping for a fireman’s lift from James Hillier, but that’ll do.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
That's odd. If you're sub 3k TPs it should say "GGL Renewal".
Odd!

Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperstarDJ
Odd!
its correct you only need a further 500 TPs to hit 3k and renew GGL and the jokers, but the jokers only become active at the start of the next membership year not as soon as you hit 3k.
Discovery Bay likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Splitting joker PNR after first flight

if I use a joker for a multi person PNR and need to split up the return - is this possible? And where does the joker live if all return flights are changed? Does it stay with the GGL holder or can it be applied to another passenger on the PNR?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:15 am

I'm going to be booking via my work TA for ARN-LHR-SFO return and want to book in WT+ and upgrade to CW using a GUF. I see availability in I for the LHR-SFO segments if booked from ARN, but if booked from LHR for the same LHR-SFO flights, the outbound books in J. So my question is, is the requirement for there to be D availability in the upgraded CW cabin in order to use a joker based on the availablity as if from ARN, or is the BA agent going to look up the availability as if from LHR and deny it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.