Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pilot37
While not a BA GGL specific benefit, I had the pleasure (via AA's reciprocal CK benefits to GGL members) of seeing my name on a board on the airbridge at T3 this morning coming off an AA flight. A OW employee (that is what her high-viz jacket displayed) said she was there to give me a CK private car transport across to T5 for my connection to Dublin. With a heavy heart I had to decline as my connection to Dublin was an evening b2b and I had a full days work to get done in the London office. I did consider (and was asked) if I still wanted to go via T5, but a 30min delay on my flight saw me already pushed for time. A lovely benefit (which AA offers!) and one I hope I can take advantage of another time.

Pilot37
Did you also get met on the return leg, i.e. from T5 with BA to T3 with AA? If so is that BA GGL or AA CK? I'm curious as I have an itinerary coming up with a BA->AA connection.

Would love to see the reciprocal CK benefits formalised, I've also had positive experiences at LAX but have uncovered a few areas where CK benefits would be useful, e.g. flying AA out of SEA and trying to access the Alaska Lounge. They let me in, not sure they should have but CK holders are permitted.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by goodison
Did you also get met on the return leg, i.e. from T5 with BA to T3 with AA? If so is that BA GGL or AA CK? I'm curious as I have an itinerary coming up with a BA->AA connection.

Would love to see the reciprocal CK benefits formalised, I've also had positive experiences at LAX but have uncovered a few areas where CK benefits would be useful, e.g. flying AA out of SEA and trying to access the Alaska Lounge. They let me in, not sure they should have but CK holders are permitted.
The outbound was with BA out of T5, so can't say if there would have been a reciprocal arrangement I'm afraid. This was the first time my GGL status has been noted by AA despite many trips with them, one of which involved an AA > BA transfer at ORD in a boot with crutches where a private transfer would have been very much appreciated!!

Pilot37
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Sorry, I can't quote from skba1 at post #902 because as soon as I log into FlyerTalk I can't see the final page in this thread

Anyway, I think the 10 July 2017 version of the T&Cs may have changed things. Section 19 is headed "Family and Friends list (Household Accounts only)" and starts off

19.1. The following are the specific terms and conditions that apply to a Family and Friends List, which enables Members who are part of a Household Account to redeem for a nominated group of five individuals who do not reside at the same address.

I am wondering if people who already had F&F lists got to keep them but new ones can't be created. That is what Tobias-UK's screen shot at post #901 suggests to me.

I am wary of making changes to my existing F&F list in case that makes it disappear. I think I might try creating a new HHA (I am not entirely sure now why I got rid of it except it seemed like a good idea at the time) which would make feel more confident about changing my F&F list.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
I am wondering if people who already had F&F lists got to keep them but new ones can't be created. That is what Tobias-UK's screen shot at post #901 suggests to me.
I’m not part of a Household Account, yet my Friends and Family screen is different from that Tobias-UK posted above. (I’m currently gold on around 3.6k TP, so shouldn’t be able to nominate partner cards yet). FWIW I’ve never been part of a HHA nor created a F+F list.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:40 am

Thank you SleepySynapse. I may now stop fretting.

Unfortunately I have never mastered getting screenshots into posts so will have to describe.
After I saw post #906 I went and had another look at my equivalent page. This looks similar. However, I have 2 buttons at the bottom. One says "Create a Household Account" and under that another one says "Nominate a person for a partner card". When I clicked on the "nominate" one the next page offered me links to the T&Cs (reading which had led to my original worries) and More Information.

More Information took me to a whole new page I had not seen before.
Which might be here
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

One of the FAQs says
"Q. I’ve read that you can only create a Family and Friends list if you are part of a Household Account. I am not part of a Household Account; however as a Gold Guest List or Premier customer I would like to nominate individuals to receive partner cards. How do I do this?
A. Gold Guest List and Premier customers are able to create a Family and Friends list irrespective of if they are part of a Household Account or not. If you would like to nominate individuals to receive your partner cards, and you are not part of a Household Account – simply add the individuals to your Family and Friends list and then you will be able to nominate them to receive a partner card."

So I think I can stop worrying that they might take my F&F list away from me. Thank you for all replies as I was getting unduly anxious about this - having promised a card to someone who wasn't currently in my F&F list. Should have done my research first.

Phew!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Good sleuthing there to find the page showing the FAQs on the partner cards for GGL/Prem.

That makes sense, and definitely confirms that it will be fine for you to amend your Family and Friends list, without risk of losing it completely. It doesn't explain though how my partner is also able to create a F&F list, even though she is only Gold (unless the rules are different for "GGL-gifted Golds)"! For that maybe all that can be said is that the BA IT-system is a thing unto itself ...

I'll take the chance of posting in this thread to also add that the joker benefit and GGL line have worked very well for me so far since qualifying in July. The UK POS for using the joker also very much works in my benefit living in China. For a trip later this year over the "National Holiday" week, availability ex-China (actually Hong Kong using ExpertFlyer) for the PEK/LHR/PEK flights was showing as "I0 R0 D0 C4 ..." (and now all fare buckets zeroed out except Y9 W6 F4 on LHR-PEK), whilst a UK POS was, and still is, showing D fare-class availability.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I am sorry to be a right pain. And I promise to put the address somewhere safe in future. But could a kind soul please pm me the Ggl email addresses please and thank you. I am abroad where it is difficult to phone. Thanks and sorry. Harry.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by hsmall
I am sorry to be a right pain. And I promise to put the address somewhere safe in future. But could a kind soul please pm me the Ggl email addresses please and thank you. I am abroad where it is difficult to phone. Thanks and sorry. Harry.
Now sorted. Hope I have thanked those good enough to respond.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
If I make a CE booking, Avios + RFS. Do I get the RFS cash back if I cancel it or just the avios?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ds2016
If I make a CE booking, Avios + RFS. Do I get the RFS cash back if I cancel it or just the avios?
As long as it is cancelled more than 24 hours before the flight you will get both the avios and cash back.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
As long as it is cancelled more than 24 hours before the flight you will get both the avios and cash back.
Thanks, Karfa.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Regarding the 5 guests summer special, can anyone who has made use of this confirm whether this is limited to your own family members, or whether it's any 5 guests accompanying you? I'm flying with a colleague next week and she's bringing her whole family with her on the trip. It'd be nice to be able to give them all lounge access.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Regarding the 5 guests summer special, can anyone who has made use of this confirm whether this is limited to your own family members, or whether it's any 5 guests accompanying you? I'm flying with a colleague next week and she's bringing her whole family with her on the trip. It'd be nice to be able to give them all lounge access.
It's 5 guests on the same PNR.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
It's 5 guests on the same PNR.
Ah OK, thanks. That's not going to work then
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Isn't this an invitation-only promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.