Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jason8612
So from what I understand, it's basically 4-4-2 at that point. I never redeemed any (so I don't have any experience), but given the terms, couldn't one do USA-LHR-CPT(or somewhere else with a nice longhaul F)-LHR-USA, book in business, use a GUF2 and 2xGUF1 to upgrade everyone to first, and use the avios needed for 2 people in business (taxes of course for 4)?
Yes.

I don't know if a joker could be used, but that would make this trip very interesting if one could.
Yes, a joker can be used to create reward space for up to 5 people subject to their normal terms and conditions.

And the order I would assume is CW Avios, 2x Chase companion passes, then GUF2 and 2x GUF1
Yes.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Sorry if this has already been answered in the previous 47 pages, but what fare code do seats need to be available in to use the Joker on an economy flight? Hopefully it's B, H or K. I'm looking for a short European trip away this weekend, but prices are excruciating and avios availability is threadbare (at least to anywhere that you'd want to visit for a city break).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Sorry if this has already been answered in the previous 47 pages, but what fare code do seats need to be available in to use the Joker on an economy flight? Hopefully it's B, H or K. I'm looking for a short European trip away this weekend, but prices are excruciating and avios availability is threadbare (at least to anywhere that you'd want to visit for a city break).
B I believe.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
B I believe.
Cheers, KARFA.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Africanflyer1955
IIRC the Diamond Card Honors membership resets at 31 December, not 31 March as suggested above. Since becoming a GGL I have actually hit Diamond for a couple of years on merit but noticed in December 2016 that I would miss it for 2016. I called GGL services and they sent a notification to Hilton about 16 December saying to me that it might take 28 days. In fact it rolled over on 1 January without a break
My membership card from Hilton clearly says end March as an end date and I did roll over as normal on January. It doesn't seem to say anywhere on hilton.com when my end date would be, but I did send a mail to GGL last week to ask to be added back to the renewals list. As of today I am still Diamond, but I don't want to fall off by accident at the start of next month!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
My membership card from Hilton clearly says end March as an end date and I did roll over as normal on January. It doesn't seem to say anywhere on hilton.com when my end date would be, but I did send a mail to GGL last week to ask to be added back to the renewals list. As of today I am still Diamond, but I don't want to fall off by accident at the start of next month!
Looking at my account it seems I fell slightly short of hitting Diamond on merit last year. My account is still showing Diamond but as you say, could just be until the end of March.

I'll drop GGL a line to renew. ^
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
GGL booking ammendment fee waiver

Does anyone know (and I apologise if this has been asked before !) whether the change fee waiver extends to taxes on redemption flights ?

I am a 'victim' of the Club Europe introduced for domestic flights fiasco. I have 6 seats booked for Club World MAN-LAX flights and for the outgoing domestic leg, I have been moved to Euro Traveller.

The GGL line is adamant (2 calls) that I will have to pay £44/person in additional taxes to be moved back to Club Europe.

However, I think the real issue is that they have recalculated the taxes for the whole journey and subtracted what was paid in June 2016 and are asking me for the difference. I am convinced that the main reason for the tax increase is not the change in one leg from ET to CE but a general increase in taxes due to the weakness of sterling ?

So, if the fee waiver extends to taxes, then I should not be charged the difference in overall taxes between now and June 2016 for a booking change that BA initiated ?

I have to add that I am disappointed in the GGL line response. Given that this is a one-off situation, I would have thought that they would have been more flexible in their response.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Who is the Joker ?

I FIRST qualified for GGL (5000 points) 8th April 2016, which was the last day of my tier point collection year. I received all the expected benefits. It was unfortunate I qualified on my last day, as that meant I didn't get initial jokers to use immediately.

Now it's 22nd March 2017 and I've crossed the 5000 point barrier. I know I only needed 3000 to re-qualify for GGL, but business determined I ended up at this amount of travel.

My question: Should I have received any further jokers during this year (at 3,000 or 5,000) or are they only issued on the 1st day (9th April) of my new year as GGL ?

The OP is a little confusing when it states; "If you reach at least 3,000 TP, your GGL status will renew, and you'll receive a new set of GGL cards, two silver & one gold nominations, 2 fresh jokers with any remaining jokers from the previous year expiring."
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
My question: Should I have received any further jokers during this year (at 3,000 or 5,000) or are they only issued on the 1st day (9th April) of my new year as GGL ?
No, you don't receive the new jokers until your membership resets. There are ways to earn additional jokers during your year as you progress past 6,000 points and onward but that's not what you're referring to.

Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
The OP is a little confusing when it states; "If you reach at least 3,000 TP, your GGL status will renew, and you'll receive a new set of GGL cards, two silver & one gold nominations, 2 fresh jokers with any remaining jokers from the previous year expiring."
I see what you mean. It might be clearer if it read:

If you reach at least 3,000 TP, your GGL status will renew and on your renewal date you'll receive a new set of GGL cards, two silver & one gold nominations, 2 fresh jokers with any remaining jokers from the previous year expiring.

Last edited by golfmad; Mar 22, 2017 at 6:38 am
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by golfmad
I see what you mean. It might be clearer if it read:

If you reach at least 3,000 TP, your GGL status will renew and on your renewal date you'll receive a new set of GGL cards, two silver & one gold nominations, 2 fresh jokers with any remaining jokers from the previous year expiring.
This is news. So in my case of having my renewal date in January and hitting 3k TPs in May then I won't get partner cards and jokers until the following January? (unless I get to 6k+)
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by goodison
This is news. So in my case of having my renewal date in January and hitting 3k TPs in May then I won't get partner cards and jokers until the following January? (unless I get to 6k+)
Correct.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Goodison, I don't see why 6k+ is relevant. Doc Copper
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
An additional joker/GGL redemption is earned at 6,000 TP.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
You get another joker at 6k as soon as you cross that number, and it lasts for 12 months from that date. You don't have to wait until renewal for the 6k joker.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
This cries out for an infographic !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.