Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by speedbird002
To add to the confusion:

Michele on Turning Left For Less observes: "British Airways has been contacting some members to confirm that there will be no further extension to Executive Club status and that full tier points will need to be gained from 31 December 2022 onwards. There is still an opportunity to use the reduced tier point threshold if you can manage to gain 75% of the required tier points for your current year by this point." (Emphasis added.)

Given my novice status I'm unable to post a link to her article. But Google can take you there.
What confusion? Until 31 December there is a 25% reduction, therefore one have to earn 75% of the standard tier point to maintain GGL status (2250) OR to reach status (3750). From 01 January 2023 it's back to 3000 TPs to retain GGL status and 5000 TPs to earn it. To me it seems clear enough
Gastrocnemius and megaloman like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
question.

I have an existing booking LHR - SIN and SIN - LHR on Avios in F that I made possible via a joker.

Looking to extend the trip and also include SYD.

There's no A class availability on the outbound left (but I am obviously already on it). Is it possible to open up the booking, keep the outbound as it is, add a SIN - SYD (which would be 2 weeks after I've flown LHR - SIN), add a SYD - SIN (a few weeks later) and change the already booked SIN - LHR to obviously also a few weeks later. using the same existing joker?

I know I could book that outright afresh but as said, there's no A class on the first leg so question is whether I can amend the existing booking to keep that and add / change all the other things.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP
Who would argue with Brussels wisdom. But at least TLFL seems to have found a nuance that adds a layer to the question prompting this sub-thread.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Sure this has already been covered but has BA confirmed that GGL is treated as a status for these purposes ?
As I understand it from their communications, they didn't reduce the tier points needed for the Gold Upgrade for two.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 10:30 pm

Who would argue with Brussels wisdom. But at least TLFL seems to have found a nuance that adds a layer to the question prompting this sub-thread.
Sorry, I'm probably being dense, but what nuance?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Lefly
Sorry, I'm probably being dense, but what nuance?
I don't see any nuance either in the article.

My question is how many tps does a ggl need to retain Gold? Is it 1125 by 31st december or 1500? Technically the ggl with say 1300 tps on dec 31st will be looked at by the system as trying to retain ggl. Therefore they will get missed by the IT checking for those retaining or obtaining gold on Jan 1st and will drop down to silver unless manually reinstated.

I'm still going to be taking a screenshot of my tp level on 31st December just in case BA mess it up...
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulOM
Sure this has already been covered but has BA confirmed that GGL is treated as a status for these purposes ?
As I understand it from their communications, they didn't reduce the tier points needed for the Gold Upgrade for two.
sorry, not sure what purposes you are referring to?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by PaulOM
Originally Posted by KARFA
sorry, not sure what purposes you are referring to?
Reduced TPs I think. And yes, GGL is included.
​​​​​​​GUFs are entirely another matter
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: BA GGL
Is anyone else having problems making partner card nominations the moment? I can add to my partner card nominees but the buttons to then nominate seem to have disappeared. BA said it’s a known issue and they are trying to do manually.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Bamboozle
Is anyone else having problems making partner card nominations the moment? I can add to my partner card nominees but the buttons to then nominate seem to have disappeared. BA said it’s a known issue and they are trying to do manually.
I've seen a similar error when adding someone to the nominees list that trying the partner card nomination in the same session fails even tough it looks like it should work. The answer was to log out, wait a few minutes and log back in then you can nominate successfully.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:24 am

Deleted

Last edited by firstlight; Oct 22, 2022 at 3:28 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP
The one I bolded and underlined in the post. Michele writes on TLFL "...There is still an opportunity to use the reduced tier point threshold if you can manage to gain 75% of the required tier points for your current year by this point."

Depending on where the original sub-threat poster is at in his tier point collection, per Michele's article, if he manages to collect 75% of the required TPs, i.e. 75% of 3750, by December 31, 2022 he will not have to meet the original 5000 TP requirement even after that requirement is reinstated on January 1, 2023.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:23 am

The one I bolded and underlined in the post. Michele writes on TLFL "...There is still an opportunity to use the reduced tier point threshold if you can manage to gain 75% of the required tier points for your current year by this point."

Depending on where the original sub-threat poster is at in his tier point collection, per Michele's article, if he manages to collect 75% of the required TPs, i.e. 75% of 3750, by December 31, 2022 he will not have to meet the original 5000 TP requirement even after that requirement is reinstated on January 1, 2023.
Sorry, I don't read it that way.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:38 am

Sorry this is wrong. The 75% applies to the normal thresholds (5000 to obtain ggl) As others have said to achieve ggl you must have 4 ba qualifying flights and 3750 tier points earned by 31st December
KARFA and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by chris1979
question.

I have an existing booking LHR - SIN and SIN - LHR on Avios in F that I made possible via a joker.

Looking to extend the trip and also include SYD.

There's no A class availability on the outbound left (but I am obviously already on it). Is it possible to open up the booking, keep the outbound as it is, add a SIN - SYD (which would be 2 weeks after I've flown LHR - SIN), add a SYD - SIN (a few weeks later) and change the already booked SIN - LHR to obviously also a few weeks later. using the same existing joker?

I know I could book that outright afresh but as said, there's no A class on the first leg so question is whether I can amend the existing booking to keep that and add / change all the other things.
bumping this (yes I am impatient!). Young KARFA doesn't know the answer but there must be some wisdom / experience on this in here? pretty please. and thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.