Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Still
Hi, anyone managed to get space releases higher than D class (J,C), my membership resets tomorrow, there were plenty of D class available for July to SYD 4-5 days ago then they were all up to J now, no idea why.
Not sure I saw a reply to your post.

I was wondering if it was fare code restriction based on date but for July that should be fine, so basically either they've been sold or revenue management have tweaked things.

Where is your trip starting from? You might find that departure from another country - different Point Of Sale - has different buckets available to the UK......
Old May 13, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Not sure I saw a reply to your post.

I was wondering if it was fare code restriction based on date but for July that should be fine, so basically either they've been sold or revenue management have tweaked things.

Where is your trip starting from? You might find that departure from another country - different Point Of Sale - has different buckets available to the UK......
thanks for the reply, I’ve booked from MAD-SYD in August, that’s the earliest date for 4 Club World spaces, there were spaces less than 4 seats on a few days earlier but agent said no point of trying, it will come back rejected. With regards to the POS, I don’t think it is relevant to space releases, the agents were always looking for spaces departing from London then add MAD leg, this actually worked in my favour as there was no D class for cash booking from MAD. By choosing departing points other than U.K. saved us quite some fees and charges, Ł1600ish for 4 in my case.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
B
Originally Posted by dylanks
I believe it’s B class (whatever is one below Y), but I’ve never tried this.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am more concerned about chris1979 asking about booking in Y

I am always available if you need to talk
You know I've always been a man of the people!
Old May 16, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Still
thanks for the reply, I’ve booked from MAD-SYD in August, that’s the earliest date for 4 Club World spaces, there were spaces less than 4 seats on a few days earlier but agent said no point of trying, it will come back rejected. With regards to the POS, I don’t think it is relevant to space releases, the agents were always looking for spaces departing from London then add MAD leg, this actually worked in my favour as there was no D class for cash booking from MAD. By choosing departing points other than U.K. saved us quite some fees and charges, Ł1600ish for 4 in my case.
OK cool, this is good.

Just had to reply as I think it's good to look at all options especially for this route. I presume you're booking WTP and upgrading with points to CW? If so then just wanted to call out 2 things:

1) If you're GGL then have you any GUF2/GUF1's left at all? Use on the Australia flights is great use of it and would presumably save a ton of Avios.

2) Flying to Australia is great for Avios earning. A Gold in CW earns 50,000 Avios for a round trip. If there's 4 of you it's a nice earner for everyone, plus good TP's to boot.

I've never used Avios to go to Australia myself, normally because ex-EU's have been very competitive (eg ex-OSL), Qatar/Malaysian have had good deals on etc. And I've always assessed that the real 'cost' of doing pure Avios redemptions on this route was also at the loss of earning substantial Avios/TP's. Only time I ever did pure-Avios was for my Great Aunt and was on a mix of BA/QF which saved total Avios expended also.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:25 pm

Indeed I used one GUF2 two GUF1s and an Amex 241 voucher, also the side trip to South Europe I wanted to go in August anyway, since BA pulled one of twice daily flights to SIN, availabilities with BA to down under has been very tight, in some cases you couldn’t even price ex eu J flights to SYD. so overall happy with the outcome although the outbound date is much later than planned. BTW the BUD to Hawaii run might be still ongoing, worth taking a look if interested, roughly 4.6K avois for Gold members and 640tps, will be more with some planning I reckon.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Unless I am missing something obvious, can't seem to nominate someone for a partner card online? I can add someone but there's then no option to assign e.g. a silver card?

also, whilst on the topic, have they changed the 'once you remove someone from your list, you can't make changes for 6 months' bit?

ta.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by chris1979
Unless I am missing something obvious, can't seem to nominate someone for a partner card online? I can add someone but there's then no option to assign e.g. a silver card?
My Executive Club -> Manage My Account -> My Partner Card Nominees

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...ctivatetab=pcf

Then "Nominate from your list" at the bottom
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
You should see a "nominate from your list" button at the bottom of the "My Partner Card Nominees" tab
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
My Executive Club -> Manage My Account -> My Partner Card Nominees

Then "Nominate from your list" at the bottom
Originally Posted by goodison
You should see a "nominate from your list" button at the bottom of the "My Partner Card Nominees" tab
I don't have that button - neither on safari nor chrome.... can you currently see it?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I don't have that button - neither on safari nor chrome.... can you currently see it?
Yup....

Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Looks like we have multiple reports of GGL being spammed with BA emails this afternoon. If you’re on the receiving end, here’s your thread :

Fri 10 June : Received multiple Spam BA Emails
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

also, whilst on the topic, have they changed the 'once you remove someone from your list, you can't make changes for 6 months' bit?

ta.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Looks like we have multiple reports of GGL being spammed with BA emails this afternoon. If you’re on the receiving end, here’s your thread :

Fri 10 June : Received multiple Spam BA Emails
chris1979 Was it you that broke the system today?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
chris1979 Was it you that broke the system today?
well, I did want a friend to be Silver by Sunday when's got a big trip coming up so I did jump up and down a bit - but I didn't quite mean to cause a full blown spam attack for everyone.....
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:17 pm

I tried nominating a friend for silver at about 5pm, it wasn't quite instant but he'd had the email within 10 minutes, and the app showed silver within 15. So, still seems to be working despite all the emails!

A few years ago I had some issues with nominating via the website and the GGL phone line team sorted it pretty quick, even hanging on for 2 minutes while we phoned our Portuguese friend to discover which combination of her 4 surnames she'd given to BA.... Give them a ring tomorrow morning?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
I am trying to use the joker on a flight for which I can see class A availability on the BA site but when I called the GGL line they could not see it. They looked for 10 minutes without success... It is not just one day, I can see class A in many days but they couldn't see it at the GGL line... is this normal?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.