Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it take TPs to post from AA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
How long does it take TPs to post from AA?

I've seen this posted a few times before but not recently, so wanted to check.

I just completed (LGW-DUB)-DUB-LHR-ORD-MCI-PHL-DUB-(DUB-LGW). All the tier points and Avios have posted except for the two domestic AA segments.

How long should I wait before doing something? I was on a status boundary and the ORD-MCI flight should've pushed me over, so I haven't received the Avios bonuses for the later flights. Does this correct itself manually?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Half way through a DUB-HNL trip and all points have posted within 2 days of the AA metal flights being completed except for the AA codeshare from DUB-LHR.

Also very surprised that the BP back to LAX later actually has my new silver status showing. Became silver on the trip over.

Think you may need to wait 7 days to claim the missing points and from what I read the bonus may need to be adjusted manually?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Mine recently posted within 2 days. However you should wait 7 days before submitting a claim.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Wait for a week, then submit a retro claim.

It has happened to me that things post 5-6-7 days after the flight although it often credits in 1-3 days.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
The first domestic was on 23rd December so it's been well over a week, although it was on an AA ticket and we've had Christmas so that may have contributed. I'll contact them.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
You can claim online via "Claim for partner airline" when logged into your Exec club account. Although my claim was rejected and have had to contact Exec club directly.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by Skatering
The first domestic was on 23rd December so it's been well over a week, although it was on an AA ticket and we've had Christmas so that may have contributed. I'll contact them.
I flew AA on 24th and 25th December respectively and both flights got credited within 2 days. Had an BA ticket but AA coded.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Mine posted very quickly. Did SFO - PHL and PHL - DUB on 2nd of January. Got my TP and avios posted on 4th of Jan (this morning)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
I flew AA on the 19th of December and it was credited by midday on the 21st of December. It's been within two days for me consistently.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Usually AA credits TPs within a few days for me, at most. Often faster than BA credits to AA, as it happens. So if it hasn't happened in a week (of working days) or so on a normal flight with no operational changes, I would be inclined to start chasing.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Lately my experience has been 2-7 days, depending which day of the week you flew. But I have something pending going back to November 13th and no update from BA either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.